Page 1515 of 1515 FirstFirst ... 5151015141514651505151315141515
Results 15,141 to 15,146 of 15146

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Indeed.

Alas they have a pact not to attack each other. She is the far better candidate in every way, even though she was a Republican into her forties. I fear all that's left of the candidates is unappetising or unappealing.
    I think I’m one of the few people that has no problems with people’s opinions changing over the course of decades as they learn more information, and have more life experiences. I’m not going to hold her opinions of 20+ years ago against her, things change, people change.

I think one of the main reason why Warren's accusation of Bernie being a sexist didn't quite work was because Sanders has more integrity, meaning he changed very little over time. Yeah, people do change over time, people grow older and wiser..., but one thing that hurt Warren was that her changes seemed to be politically motivated.

Take her Cherokee background for example. Had she really connected with the Cherokee folks because she was really proud of that heritage, even if she tested to have zero genetic connection with the tribe later, I don't think anyone would care other than stupid Trump. As it is, it does seem like she's only using this 'heritage' to enhance her career.

She's also famous for having plans, but when it comes to M4A funding, at least Bernie acknowledged there will be slight increase in taxes... where as her funding source continue to remain murky even when pressed. Also the trick question of whether she'll allow her VP's family members to serve as board members... the usual Warren that I love quickly said NO, but the Warren I'm skeptical of quickly took back her answer and gave a more diplomatic response out of respect for the Bidens.

So when there's a he said she said moment, there's little doubt why more voters believed him...

Anyway, I think both Hillary and Warren are way more politically savvy than Sanders. That's why their colleagues like Hillary and Warren more. I used to love the young Hillary too. Hillary for sure has changed the most over the years I think. Warren had been very critical of Hillary before..., but she is becoming more and more like the established Hillary herself. Don't get me wrong, I still like her enough to vote for her if she's the eventual nominee. Just trying to explain why she's sliding. I'm willing to bet had Obama been in the Congress for a while and learned how to swim with the establishment..., he probably won't be able to do too much better than Cory Booker either...

The anti-establishment sentiment is still brewing. Sanders is probably the lone oddball anti-establishment voters trust. Which is probably the reason why Andrew and Tulsi couldn't get any votes either. Unless Bernie kicks the bucket, looks like anti-establishment voters are going all in with Bernie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I think I’m one of the few people that has no problems with people’s opinions changing over the course of decades as they learn more information, and have more life experiences. I’m not going to hold her opinions of 20+ years ago against her, things change, people change.
    Agreed. I've read/watched/listened to a lot of people who have been life long Republicans change their stance over the past few years.

I can't blame them. The current administration and cover up is not who the party used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Agreed. I've read/watched/listened to a lot of people who have been life long Republicans change their stance over the past few years.

I can't blame them. The current administration and cover up is not who the party used to be.
    Hopefully there's a lot of them and hopefully they vote accordingly. I'm not holding my breath though.

Touche.

Agreed, and why I always hated the "Flip-flop" accusation. I'd prefer that people be willing to change their thinking if evidence warrants it.