Page 1169 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1696691069111911591167116811691170117111791219126916692169 ... LastLast
Results 11,681 to 11,690 of 24777

Thread: Politics

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Awesome.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    "Obama is a man of total personal integrity." "Obama's problem is that he spoke with marvelous eloquence, but inequality kept on rising. He wasn't able to control it." "[Obama] did not act like a great president." "The interests of the leftist parties -we won't even speak of the right wing- have become more important than the interests of the population." "The world is full of free-roaming criminals. And maybe [Trump] will join that group. The one thing that comforts me is that Trump is such a painful judge of character that it makes him make the biggest mistakes." "Trump is the expression of the politics of grievance. In this country we've abandonded the idea of hunting him down. He has already been caught. What we don't know is whether he'll pay for it or not. Berlusconi was capable of destroying the Italian judicial system. And maybe Trump can achieve that here." "One can only have [creativity] when one speaks to someone else. You don't have an own voice to speak alone."

El País' interview with Richard Sennet. Translated by google or in Spanish if you have a better way to get to it.
    acket.

Truth isn't truth....

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    What do you mean?, is that related to a current event or you think that truth as part of the democratic life has eroded?
    acket.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    What do you mean?, is that related to a current event or you think that truth as part of the democratic life has eroded?
    It's literally what Rudy Giuliani said during an interview yesterday.

Administrator
    A week after he was on TV saying that facts are "in the eye of the beholder".

Stephen Colbert introduced us to truthiness as a named concept. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truthiness

It is true that people nowadays can pick and choose and perhaps even make up facts to support their set ideologies(largely due to their genetic make up)

For example I’m pretty sure most Americans are not pro-death nor against choice, but we can pick and choose whatever facts necessary to support pro-life or pro-choice while denouncing the other.

It is really mind boggling for me to understand how conservatives can be against choice.

Likewise, how can liberals who wouldn’t dare spanking their own kids or find any form of child abuse unacceptable be okay with killing embryos? Moms cannot have the choice to spank her own kid, but okay to terminate its life? Or is it just the pain that’s the problem? Then can I just put my kid to sleep if I don’t want her anymore?

Anyway, this is what happens when political ideologies cloud our judgements. Unable to see the whole truth and end up stuck in their respective partial truths. All the while firmly believe people of the other side are backwards degenerate assholes.

Conservative ideology + liberal ideology = something closer to the whole truth

We cannot move forward if we only turn right or left.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 20th, 2018 at 08:54 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    There also isn't enough critical thinking skills taught in schools. We need more teaching of that specifically, along with fact-checking, the scientific method, how to determine when someone is being deceitful, almost like we have to think like lawyers...sad but true IMO.