Page 884 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 38478483487488288388488588689493498413841884 ... LastLast
Results 8,831 to 8,840 of 24777

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I have a new theory about what might happen.

The GOP will impeach Trump very soon for obstruction of justice, IF they continue to stall it, then the rest of the Russia investigations may bring other GOP members down who may have also been involved, like Pence. So if Pence and who knows how many others are in the Russia investigation, they might sacrifice Trump in order to take the heat off of themselves at least in the mind of the general public if not the FBI

The hole in that argument, is that I doubt Trump's ego allows him to be the guy who takes the fall for everyone else. If the others are guilty, he's going to sing like a canary.

Also, the Republicans in Congress won't turn on Trump until they are assured it won't cost them RNC money in upcoming elections.

Administrator
    Well, Putin's putting the screws to Trump now. Offering a transcript of the meeting between him and the diplomats. If true, that means that Trump let them record the meeting and potentially put a bug in the Oval Office.

Of course, this will all end up meaning nothing because, for some reason, the GOP are still willing to let all this shit happen to advance their agenda.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    ...yet, had this been HRC, she would have been impeached by March 15th.

Fuck the GOP. I hope, I really, really hope, that they all pay in November next year.

There's two trains of thought in my opinion with this:

1: They're all in on it (or most are), thus why they're turning a blind eye to it where if the other candidate were in office, it'd be a relentless tirade of shit.
    2: They're just letting him "go" and self-immolate while applauding him doing so, which allows them to ultimately get the person they wanted in the seat there in the first place.

In either case, to me, it would be a slap in the face to their voters. Not the Trump diehards, but the party-line republican voters that choked down a super-sized shit sandwich because they'd rather die than vote Democrat.

I have a feeling, or at least hope, that may change. Anyone with an IQ above 40 saw the signs he was in no way fit/equipped (mentally/intellectually) to hold this position.

This is just a big "told you so" to everyone he conned*

Again, not taking into consideration the rabid base that will never see ANYTHING wrong with it, other than it was a global conspiracy against their messiah by all media, politicians, scientists, anyone with a maturity above age 5. Thus, I feel no sympathy for them, at all. This is the beat they marched to. It's just that the composer turns out to be a fish out of water flailing in futility on top of a kettle drum while his minions are playing whack-a-mole on the others.
    Last edited by drew; May 17th, 2017 at 01:51 PM.

Don't think for a second anyone is learning anything here. The only reason Trump is failing is because he's being sabotaged by the Democrats, the media, and/or the establishment Republicans. The only problem with the Republicans is the current batch of Republicans. Next time people have an opportunity to vote, the best case scenario is going to be different Republicans, not different people. Regardless of who you believe is the problem - the rich, the welfare society people, the minorities, the sexually different, whoever - a batch of "leaders" who fail to execute your vision for a Great America doesn't demonstrate a problem with your beliefs, it demonstrates a problem with that batch. You just get another batch. You don't suddenly accept that people need healthcare or that the sign on the bathroom door won't magically keep out the creepy people or whatever. The only thing that cures the growing opinion/experience/learning gap in this country is fire. The cleansing power of fire.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Don't think for a second anyone is learning anything here. The only reason Trump is failing is because he's being sabotaged by the Democrats, the media, and/or the establishment Republicans. The only problem with the Republicans is the current batch of Republicans. Next time people have an opportunity to vote, the best case scenario is going to be different Republicans, not different people. Regardless of who you believe is the problem - the rich, the welfare society people, the minorities, the sexually different, whoever - a batch of "leaders" who fail to execute your vision for a Great America doesn't demonstrate a problem with your beliefs, it demonstrates a problem with that batch. You just get another batch. You don't suddenly accept that people need healthcare or that the sign on the bathroom door won't magically keep out the creepy people or whatever. The only thing that cures the growing opinion/experience/learning gap in this country is fire. The cleansing power of fire.
    I don't think it's as much about people changing minds and voting for a different party (if that's what you're implying) as much as it is...who's too lazy or disenfranchised to go out and vote vs. who's fired up/mad, etc. who will go out and vote.

Then mix in the problems with voter suppression, gerrymandering, etc. to also skew the results.

Anyway, I feel like the 2018 campaign season is going to start in the late summer/early fall....because HOPEFULLY the smarter Democrats will do what they should have been doing for the past decade or so...grow a backbone and fight back, with words and actions and tag every GOP member to the sinking traitor.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    OH, I know. I did say "hope" a lot....

As an aside, Steph just texted that someone in line at Home Depot told her to "pray for Trump", in light of the DOJ's appointment of Mullen. I asked her if she said "sure, but I believe he may be god's redheaded step child at this point"....no response.

I pray for Trump every day. We cannot possibly let him go yet, his fireball is not nearly big enough to take out everything that needs to be taken out.

This past election showed me that there are a lot people who are more concerned with what everyone else might be taking from them rather than what they might offer to other people. And, it showed everyone that polarization is fine if not great and totally desirable. It's going to take a lot of time for people to get over fighting with their neighbors and getting back to what matters: Fighting the power.

IMHO, as much as I hate to think it, we need to back off social issues a little bit - at least as spotlight item. We need candidates that will focus on themselves. Individuals might oppose universal healthcare or religious rights, but with few exceptions nobody opposes getting lobbyists out of Washington, etc. IMHO, we'd be well served focusing on fixing the government rather than trying to fix things with the [broken-ass] government. Wacking nails with a bent hammer is a waste of time.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    1: They're all in on it (or most are), thus why they're turning a blind eye to it where if the other candidate were in office, it'd be a relentless tirade of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Washington Post
    Evan McMullin, who is in his role as policy director to the House Republican Conference participated in the June 15 conversation, said: 'It's true that Majority Leader McCarthy said that he thought that candidate Trump was on the Kremlin's payroll. Speaker Ryan was concerned about that leaking.
    And....scene.