Page 2237 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1237173721372187222722352236223722382239224722872337 ... LastLast
Results 22,361 to 22,370 of 24777

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yep, I've been seeing that too. Both Ngo and Ian Miles Cheong appear to have direct lines to Elon to just get him to ban people. Interesting that Elon's running around banning a bunch of left-leaning accounts while simultaneously claiming he's bringing about "amnesty" for all accounts that haven't said anything that would be illegal.

But hey, he did re-instate Romana Didulo's account, so now the QAnon-adjacent self-professed Queen of Canada can go back to posting. Oh, and he's reinstating the accounts of some of the nice folks at The Daily Stormer, the Neo-Nazi site.

Every time you see Musk start a tweet claiming he's politically neutral, read it in the same voice you would read "Look, I'm not racist, but..."
    I’d like to think that I’m pretty neutral. You guys tend to think that I’m a racist, homophobic sympathizer… and folks like roofer would think that I’m a communist.

Anyway, if I were to make fun of or insult GTX admins and logon as impersonators, what would happen to me? People on the left are leaving Twitter anyways… to me, it’s similar to the Thai diver incident. It’s okay for him to insult Elon for trying to help, but as soon as Elon insults back, oh that’s all of a sudden so offensive?

There’s some sort of double standard going on. We can’t have conspiracies when we question people on the left; however, it’s perfectly okay to assume Elon is probably a racist and his family probably owned slaves that mines emeralds… even though we don’t have solid evidences yet. It’s okay to just assume that because it fits the racist narrative. A rich white guy is probably a slave owning nazi. His EVs and rockets also naturally suck. If possible, we should cancel him and everything that he created because we don’t need anything the racist wanker created? If you like Tesla or SpaceX, you must be a nazi too?

Look, nobody’s perfect. I really don’t think we need to politicize everything like this.

The left is trying to cancel Elon, is it really unreasonable for him to NOT also try to piss off people on the right too?

Billi can afford to truly stay neutral and piss both sides off because I’m not a business man and I have nothing to lose. So I can afford to stay true to myself.

FWIW, I do think Elon has pivoted a bit too much to the right. Again, just like when he called that rescuer a pedo, I can understand why and not get so totally offended. If I can be so offensive and you can’t bear reading my post, naturally you probably can’t stand Elon even more. Still, I wish you and most folks on the left can not get so easily offended.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 26th, 2022 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Some happier political news: to nobody’s surprise (and to the Murdoch press’s infinite annoyance) the Victorian Labor party has been returned to government for the third election in a row.

Premier Dan Andrews has led the most progressive state government in Australia for a number of years now. People in our country are good at seeing right through the bullshit and right now we are the most progressive that this country has ever been.
    I’m honestly happy for you guys. I think this pandemic has demonstrated how a more progressive govt helped saved more lives all over the globe!

I wish US could be more progressive too. However, I also have to give credit to US for coming up with most effective vaccines. Some of our crazy freedom loving citizens probably died needlessly, but their ‘sacrifices’ probably also helped us open up and get used to this virus faster compared to other nations? Covid 0 policy has been shown to be the least effective at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Some happier political news: to nobody’s surprise (and to the Murdoch press’s infinite annoyance) the Victorian Labor party has been returned to government for the third election in a row.

Premier Dan Andrews has led the most progressive state government in Australia for a number of years now. People in our country are good at seeing right through the bullshit and right now we are the most progressive that this country has ever been.
    Labor (left) didn't really gain much support, but the Liberals (right wing) lost support to independents who are marketed as "teal". These are basically very middle of the road right voters who can afford to be left leaning on social issues. They generally dont like the right moving more extreme and now have a viable option. Since Zali Steggal got elected as an independent using this teal style it seems to have grown. Its not a party, just a style.

But it shows that here that many of the right voters, who wouldn't vote Labor, would happily vote for a more middle independent than our right wing party.

I keep on forgetting your liberals are on the right… thanks for the parentheses…

Bernie Sanders should start a Labor Party just like you guys!

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    But it shows that here that many of the right voters, who wouldn't vote Labor, would happily vote for a more middle independent than our right wing party.
    This is what the LNP is missing. They're too busy chasing the cooker vote and protecting the interests of coal mining exploiters to realise what the fuck's going on. It's truly hilarious. Maybe they should look after their own interests for once and actually try to form government. The NSW LNP risks the voters going teal and losing to Labor. The writing is on the wall.

I predict the teal movement will form into a party and displace the LNP. Now is a good opportunity to do it. In 10 years time they might replace it outright, but I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't mean that we simply end up where we are now.

And hopefully it pushes Labor further to the left, but only slightly. I am super comfortable with where it stands now. If you were to ask me what I would have Labor change, I'd say wind back the police stuff, and increase welfare.

Presumably Billi is wailing that the DPP got whacked big-time lol

Result is not in-line with western English language media lionisation narrative of course.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; November 29th, 2022 at 03:49 AM.

Seriously, I think I'm politically neutral... whether in the States or in Taiwan. Of course being neutral most of the time means neither side likes me. I have no issues with Taiwan reunifying with China, just that I don't want it by force. China has enticed Taiwanese businessmen with money and that worked to lure them in. Other similar policies need to be in place to lure other types of people in. If most of the Taiwanese end up wanting to reunify, that'd be great! Now for such desire to even be possible, dictatorship must end 1st. That is not up to the Taiwanese.

Hopefully the Chinese people will be able to do that. I'm sure the Western media is lying about protests happening all over china against the covid 0 policy. Regardless of whether those reports are true or not, my prayer is for Xi and Putin to eventually go away or repent of their current ways. There are better ways to fight the West and make this world a better place.

Back to Taiwan mid term election, its supreme court didn't really make any stupid calls like US... so nothing major happened to rile up the younger voters... so the nationalist's tsunami wave won bunch of local mayors/governors... even the proposition to let 18 yr olds vote failed to pass. It was not the best outcome, but somewhat expected though. Younger voters typically have more important things to do than to go back to their home district to cast a vote when they're not energized with anything... In the US, we really have the Supreme Courts amazingly stupid ruling to thank for canceling out the coming red tsunami.

My wife and her family are pure Taiwanese and pretty 'green' and they were wailing for a bit. My side of the family is pretty 'blue' and they were probably cheering. I was surprised to learn my mom actually loves Xi! She actually has a separated sister who lives in China but she hates Xi though. Should I side with my own mom who escape the communists to live in Taiwan/US or should I side with my aunt who actually lives in China and experienced CCP first hand? I think my mom's main issue with the green progressive party is because they are for gay marriages. Her mind is just too conservative and that's why she prefers having the dictator in place to just force everyone to fall in line... but the world just doesn't work this way mom... BTW, she was also trying to prevent me from getting baptized because we're suppose to be Buddhists. My mom likes to rule with an iron fist. Of course I won't let her rule me anymore, but I do try to have an otherwise good relationship with her as long as I play the System... don't talk about politics, religions and sex.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 29th, 2022 at 07:12 AM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    DPP
    The Diabetes Prevention Program?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikadyn View Post
    Dude, the number of left leaning groups and people getting banned right now is ridiculous. Elm Forks John Brown Gun Club who recently protected a drag show from right wingers was banned, Crimethinc got banned because Andy Ngo urged Elon to. At the same time as all the neo-nazi's get amnesty.
    Yep, it's not just us noticing this.

https://theintercept.com/2022/11/29/...o-antifascist/

Dude, the number of left leaning groups and people leaving twitter making fun or insulting Elon right now seems ridiculous too!

Anyway, Trump, president of the US, really shouldn't be banned. Similarly, journalists shouldn't be banned. However, considering that there's a mass exodus of users and employees and the company is near collapse, do you guys really expect Elon to run a tight ship without any issues?

Elon is an experienced expert at pushing out original founders of near bankrupted company and then turn it around to be a huge global leader. (See Tesla)

If anyone's gonna turn Twitter around, it'll be Elon Musk.

Of course, it's also very possible that Elon has lost his mind like Howard Hughes near the end? I don't know him personally, but time will tell.

For now, if you really hate Elon, feel free to personally cancel him. Don't use Twitter, don't buy Tesla and don't fly SpaceX! Actually I don't have a Twitter account and have no intention to sign up now... I also can't afford a Tesla nor can I afford a ticket into space yet... So I guess I'm against Elon too!

I still think it's freaking ridiculous that Biden believes GM is the global EV leader. If you were Elon Musk, why would you still be a democrat? Yes, extreme political ideologies will cause people to see alternate realities. The right tend to ignore fundamental sciences such as evolution or climate change and the left will ignore progress and probably think Tesla and SpaceX are a threat to climate change. People really need to stop migrating toward the poles and come back toward the middle equator some more...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 29th, 2022 at 09:53 AM.