Page 1986 of 2005 FirstFirst ... 9861486188619361976198419851986198719881996 ... LastLast
Results 19,851 to 19,860 of 20041

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Just to clarify, this is budget to relocate the Afghan citizens who helped the US military (translators and such). They were promised visas to come to the US, and are under threat from the Taliban now that the US military is pulling out. The bill allocates $1 billion for the relocation of those citizens to the US.
    Anyway, somebody in the US should take care of these people. If DoD doesn't care or really doesn't have the resources, then uncle Sam does need to step in. It's the right thing to do.

I kinda doubt AOC and the gang were really against this.

Surely capitol police doesn't really need this emergency billions of $$$.

Capitol was not secured because of other reasons.

To an extent, I can agree with that. I think it's very much on the safe side, it's "this will pass without us, so we can run with the 'defund the police creds'", but I 100% agree with them that we tend to reflexively give a bunch more money to the police in these situations and tend not to dial them back over time (TSA, anyone?)

I also feel like there were plenty of mistakes leading to 1/6 that more money won't necessarily fix. There was plenty of warning what was coming but it wasn't taken seriously enough, and then Trump delayed mobilizing the national guard. I don't think more money going to them is necessarily a good thing, and it sucks that that got tied into the same bill as delivering our allies to somewhere they'll be safe.

It is mind boggling why law makers can’t make it 2 separate bills or what’s the rationale for combining the two?

Nobody wants to vote on either issues, but after they’re combined, only the dumbass Russian assets would vote against it?

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    unrelated to other current discussions above, I'm hoping Joe Biden is healthy for another few years because I don't think Kamala Harris is going to be a good candidate for the next election. I don't think she's winning people over very well so far
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Neanderthal loves her though. Surely he’ll be able to tell you why our nation needs her.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Neanderthal loves her though. Surely he’ll be able to tell you why our nation needs her.
    While regurgitating every smear from fox on Aoc no less.

Meanwhile we see Manchin dedication to Republicans bipartisanship

https://truthout.org/articles/manchi...sider-trading/

Showing his true color!

Still, we need to work with republican assets in order to get rid of Russian assets 1st I guess.

It’s so funny foreigners places so many assets inside the dnc establishment! No wonder they’re so rich!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; August 2nd, 2021 at 08:10 AM.

Lindsey Graham has Covid. Said he is happy to have received the vaccine because he's certain his symptoms would of been worse. So he's a breakout case.

LINK

(TIL that he actually got the vaccine!)

And he was at a party on Manchin's houseboat...

Saw on twitter that both Cori Bush and Jamaal Bowman were very opinionated about Biden extending the eviction moratorium. Have I mentioned I detest "the squad?" (i'm pretty sure I have the original squad members blocked.)

SCOTUS ruled that Biden couldn't. So thank everyone that didn't vote for Madam Secretary, which allowed the former guy to install 3 Supreme Court justices.

And, by the way, either/ both of them could have written the legislation when SCOTUS made that ruling, since SCOTUS said only Congress could do that. I hate the squads performative shit; go write some legislation and get it passed instead of whining to the media.