Page 1074 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 74574974102410641072107310741075107610841124117415742074 ... LastLast
Results 10,731 to 10,740 of 24728

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Dude, do you seriously believe I cannot tell Obama and W apart?

Just to point out couple of major disappointments I had for Obama was that he kept the surveillance program going and he broke Ws record for withholding freedom of information act.

These are thing I expect from the dumbass W, but appalled that Obama kept it up.

After all my hope dashed, why should I believe Hillary will do better than Obama?

As you said, worst congress ever is still there!

Might as well let the conservatives have full control so that hopefully soon the voters will realize it's time for a real change!
    Yeah, I actually do. You're the one who said there's no difference between them. And you've picked two things they did similarly to reinforce your point rather that looking at the magnitude of difference between their Presidencies, evaluating, considering and coming up with an actual reasoned political divide between them. No. That would require work. A change of dogma. An assault upon your already pre conceived notions. it's much easier to just lump Obama in with Bush and decry the establishment. because then you can completely rage against the machine, nevermind those it hurts.

And of course you want the republicans to control everything to "fuck everything up." You don't care about the people their regime will hurt. You don't care about blacks, browns, immigrants, LGBQT, women, veterans, the poor, law and order, the economy, BLM, justice, climate, Native rights, opportunity for all. You don't give a shit about anybody but yourself like a typical alt left Bernie bot. And if you can't have it your way then fuck it, burn it all down.

Thanks for confirming what we all already thought about your politics; narcissistic and selfish. You know who else is narcissistic and selfish; Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Oh Billi, you'll never mess my shit up for good, but I know you'll always be there to mess up my shit.

In other news, Fox News has gone "we're fine with being racist as fuck."

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/954163554181140480

(quoted just in case they delete this because what in the fucking fuck is this shit)

EDIT: Okay, I clearly didn't swear enough because holy fuck, they've gone fully fucking white ethnostate. https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/s...60068848685056
    Nevermind that Arizona was a part of Mexico until the ~1850s.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Nevermind that Arizona was a part of Mexico until the ~1850s.
    Yeah, last thing we want is for cities like "Mesa" to be infiltrated with Hispanics.

Do you hear that Mr. Carlson? That is the sound of inevitability...

I might be in for a vacation next week.

Historically with a government shutdown the employees end up getting paid anyway. Not paying out my GI Bill on time is what will bone me personally.

No clue what my situation will be. Last time I was "essential", no word this time.

I've always been essential as well, but when I promoted I moved from what was basically in operations position to a policy compliance position so I might not be anymore.

I kind of hope I'm not, have so much homework to do.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Yeah, I actually do. You're the one who said there's no difference between them. And you've picked two things they did similarly to reinforce your point rather that looking at the magnitude of difference between their Presidencies, evaluating, considering and coming up with an actual reasoned political divide between them. No. That would require work. A change of dogma. An assault upon your already pre conceived notions. it's much easier to just lump Obama in with Bush and decry the establishment. because then you can completely rage against the machine, nevermind those it hurts.

And of course you want the republicans to control everything to "fuck everything up." You don't care about the people their regime will hurt. You don't care about blacks, browns, immigrants, LGBQT, women, veterans, the poor, law and order, the economy, BLM, justice, climate, Native rights, opportunity for all. You don't give a shit about anybody but yourself like a typical alt left Bernie bot. And if you can't have it your way then fuck it, burn it all down.

Thanks for confirming what we all already thought about your politics; narcissistic and selfish. You know who else is narcissistic and selfish; Trump.
    Okay, let's put aside the same bad parts between the 2 parties for now... and try to focus on the parts that made them different.

Can a democratic president really accomplish much with the worst congress ever? ACA was probably Obama's greatest accomplishment but thanks to the opposition, still not working very well.

When problems are not addressed and solved, each side can conveniently blame the other side and then just leave it at that. Unsolved. Kick the bucket down the road...

Now the government is all on the same stupid side. When the shit hits the fan, as long as it isn't thermal nuclear war, voters will finally come to their sense and quit supporting the Republican Party. I hope.

Since the DNC is just too weak to win on their own merit, this is the 2nd best way for DNC to gain control... just by giving RNC full control.

They don't have Obama and Hillary to blame anymore. Constitution should also be able to afford us some protection...

Finally, you still believe voting for a 3rd party candidate is the same as burning down the country?

Then how would you describe the act of voters who actually voted for Trump?

People are inherently selfish. Blaming people for being selfish won't really do anybody any good.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 19th, 2018 at 09:01 AM.

I said it then, and I'll say it again now.

Why does the government have non-essential workers to begin with? This is one of the few traditionally right-wing positions I haven't changed my mind about in the last decade or so.

You don't see non-essential workers that very often in the private sector. Sure, there are some here and there who've managed to weasel there way into mystery jobs where nobody really knows what they do but they keep getting a paycheck anyway. There was a Seinfeld episode in which George Costanza gets away with sitting in an empty office with the door closed all day long for a time. And there was one in which he built a sleeping platform under his desk. But that's rare in the real world, I believe.

Hell, most people I know who work for for-profit companies (myself included) are reluctant to take time off because there aren't extra bodies anymore to cover for someone who is absent. Coming back to 1000 emails, 100 voice mails, and a bunch of angry internal/external customers who have been ignored in one's absence isn't appealing.

Or maybe that's just office workers. Sure, there might be time to surf the web between tasks, but we've got to be here every day to put out fires or suffer later.

A former coworker and I used to cry in our coffee about this to each other. He had a friend who was a union bus mechanic and he'd say, "My friend can take a vacation and not come back to fifty buses waiting for him."

At that job (and my current one isn't much different), if we were gone for two or three days, we come back to a huge mess, and the kind of stuff that people remember - he's not reliable, doesn't get the job done, upper management copied on third and fourth request emails, etc.

He and I still stay in touch and eat lunch together about once a month. He works for the state of Colorado now.

This is in no way a crack at gub'm'nt employees, at least not around here. Times have changed, I think. I truly enjoy going to the DMV nowadays. It's fast and easy and the employees are nice as can be. Same when I talk to folks in tax departments in multiple states as part of my job. Nice folks.

Back in North Carolina in the last century, I'd take a half-day off work if I had to go the DMV, and while there I'd stand in a hot, sweaty line while surly employees with phones visibly off the hook on their desks moved as slowly as possible without seeming to give a damn about the angry mob crushed up against the counters in front of them. I don't know if that's a function of a different time and technology or a different location. A little of both, I'd guess.

Now it's the private sector that is consistently hell to deal with. Try calling AT&T or a big bank or any large corporation and get someone on the phone who can and will help you or return a phone call. And retail these days? I won't even get started. Everyone is being worked harder than rented mules.

Whew. That was a long tangent. Sorry.

Still, I say non-essential government employees shouldn't be.
    Last edited by George; January 19th, 2018 at 09:14 AM.

Hmm.

I just re-read my post above and will now reply to myself.

So, you're saying that government employees are pleasant to deal with because there are non-essential employees and private sector employees are miserable because there aren't enough non-essentials to help out?

Um, well, maybe I am, if you look at it that way.