Page 1945 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 9451445184518951935194319441945194619471955199520452445 ... LastLast
Results 19,441 to 19,450 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Thanks Jason. That certainly tells a different story than the earlier reporting. It's weird, when you only interview family members of the deceased you tend to get biased accounts.

Kinda looks like the woman in Pink is pulling her away from the woman on the ground, and looks like she could be attempting to stab the woman in pink. She certainly had something shiny in her hand when shot. Hard to tell if that is a knife from the video of a video, but likely would be seen as, given the call and movements. It kinda looks like the officer may have saved the woman in pink's life.

Now whether the woman on the ground and in pink were threats to the deceased, and she was in fact defending herself isn't something that can be learned from the video.

It certainly does say something though how quickly this video, which they must believe justifies the shooting is released vs. a video that is more damning to an officer.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; April 21st, 2021 at 05:45 AM.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Re: Chauvin. I think he’ll get 10 years. Out in 3. Seriously, 3rd degree murder? What a joke.

We can only hope for a prison shanking if he’s locked up with hardcore gang members.

He was convicted of Second Degree Unintentional Murder. It's really impressive that they got that much. The only thing they could have gotten higher than that is Second (Intentional) or First and it's likely the jury wouldn't have gone for that.

I'm hoping the prosecution pushed for an upward departure and he gets over 20 years. I don't think it will happen though. I'd be satisfied with 15.

Satisfied from a legal standpoint. Morally he should get the full 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    https://youtu.be/Fpnibt9RQ2U?t=360

Body cam footage of the incident has been released.
    I can't tell anything from this video.

It's just crazy to be using a knife or any weapons in front of police. If you are going to self defend, don't call the police!

It's also crazy for police to shoot somebody 4 times when it's clear the perpetrator wasn't even attacking you.

My suspicion is that the office was spooked... and then 4 bullets came out.

It's tragic, but this is just not as clear cut as George Floyd case.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Thanks Jason. That certainly tells a different story than the earlier reporting. It's weird, when you only interview family members of the deceased you tend to get biased accounts.
    It does indeed. It still doesn't show the need for lethal force. This is what tazers are for.

Also.

Last edited by neanderthal; April 21st, 2021 at 10:18 AM.

How long have I been saying Bernie is shitty.

Here he is remixing Hillary's free college plan.

https://twitter.com/josecanyousee/st...180333057?s=19

That is a lethal force situation. Trying to co-opt it for a greater cause only hurts your message by diluting it.

Junior Potato
    Yeah I agree. At least the officer's aim was true and didn't hit the other person. That's a fuggin risky move right there.

Unfortunately a tragic outcome.

You could spend hours pouring over the footage and analysing every fine detail, but to me there was nothing good that could have come from that scenario if the officer didn't fire. It's not that someone had to die, but I'm not a forensic analyst, nor am I a cop, so I couldn't authoritatively make a judgement.

To me this isn't racial. Just a shitty situation.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    How long have I been saying Bernie is shitty.

Here he is remixing Hillary's free college plan.

https://twitter.com/josecanyousee/st...180333057?s=19
    If Abraham Lincoln failed to free slavery... and then later on another president freed the slaves... this subsequent president would be a shitty person for stealing Lincoln’s idea to free slaves?

Also, do you think Obama is shitty for stealing from Romneycare?

Give me a break.

Lastly, given Bernie’s track record, you don’t have to worry about him implementing Hillary’s idea. Some other shittier person will probably end up stealing the idea from Hillary.