Page 1940 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 9401440184018901930193819391940194119421950199020402440 ... LastLast
Results 19,391 to 19,400 of 24806

Thread: Politics

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...icrosoft-stock

Fuck Pelosi and all the rich establishment politicians who play with stocks while holding public office!

Besides my gripe against politicians, I'm really having a difficult time understanding why cops everywhere in the US are continuing on the same tactics as if BLM movement hasn't happened.

Are they just so frustrated on the job that they don't care anymore or something? Or perhaps these are just outlier incidences being reported too much? Or perhaps somebody is telling them it's okay to do their job however they want?

It just seems like there's no end in sight with this police brutality issue... similar with our efforts on gun control.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Or perhaps somebody is telling them it's okay to do their job however they want?
    Yes.
    and that somebody is them, and all the other assholes with "thin blue line" flags who say things like "Back the blue". They're the biggest, most heavily armed gang in the country and they don't like people who think they shouldn't be.
    Edit: And black people, they really don't like black people.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Yes.
    and that somebody is them, and all the other assholes with "thin blue line" flags who say things like "Back the blue". They're the biggest, most heavily armed gang in the country and they don't like people who think they shouldn't be.
    Even fuckers who say stuff like
    Quote Originally Posted by billi
    "maybe black lives don't matter..."

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Yes.
    Well, I beg to differ, the most heavily armed gang would be the US military, not the police!

Similarly, even under the Obama administration, we have no problems hunting down and killing brown people.

Gun lobbyists/lovers could justify themselves with 2A, but such brutality can’t really be justified...

Of course violent rioters can’t justify themselves too. 2 injustices don’t make things just. Hope we can make some progress on this soon. ATM, I just don’t see much progress. I can’t even imagine what would happen if the cop in George Floyd case got acquitted again...

Pandemic would be the least of our problems...

Administrator
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...icrosoft-stock

Fuck Pelosi and all the rich establishment politicians who play with stocks while holding public office!

I'm curious why you say that in this instance. As far as I can tell, there's no indication that it had any effect on her lawmaking (i.e., she proposed legislation, voted for, or chose not to vote for other legislation that would have enriched her further with this stock).

Do you think it’s a good idea for lawmakers and their spouses to be able to buy/sell stocks and never have insider information, conflict of interest issues?

US law makers already don’t have to worry about retirement. Government is going to take good care of you. You don’t really need to invest for that anymore...

Now if you really want to make a lot of money, go work at wall st.! If public office is really your passion, then don’t you think it’s wise to stay clear?

You can’t serve both money and public at the same time. Something’s gotta give...

Microsoft’s $22 billion military contract, whether Pelosi voted for it or not, she can’t be unaware, right?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 13th, 2021 at 09:21 PM.

Administrator
    I don't think there's any reason why lawmakers and their spouses should be unable to invest in stocks, we already have laws against insider trading and manipulating the stock market.

That article leaves out a lot of potential information. Was Microsoft expected to get that contract already? Were all the stock purchases options (at which point the entire thing is moot, because it all comes down to the strike price - if the price of stock goes up drastically, it doesn't affect the buyer).

It might be wise to steer clear, but it might be wiser not to, yet again, plaster the "there is only black and white" veneer over the things you read from....maybe not the most reputable of sources?

Administrator
    Aside, and no joking around - Billi, your sourcing lately has been a huge amount of right-leaning propagandist news sources and Jordan Peterson. I'm honestly worried about the media you're consuming.

I read both left and right news. I try not to shield myself in bubbles.

If you think it’s fine for policy makers to buy and sell stocks and they have zero access to insider information, then we should agree to disagree right there.

If you want more details, here: https://www.thestreet.com/.amp-misht...-govt-contract

Hopefully those details are not made up to slander against the speaker, I wonder if liberal media would want to mention this at all. Probably easier to just fuck with Andrew yang for dissing illegal street vendors...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 13th, 2021 at 10:52 PM.