Page 1008 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 85089089589981006100710081009101010181058110815082008 ... LastLast
Results 10,071 to 10,080 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Our future history book will be an interesting read for sure...

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2017/10...-on-knowledge/

Trump’s war on settled science and truth will have lethal consequences. An estimated 2.3 million American construction workers, miners, and road-crew laborers face life-threatening injury and illness because the Occupational Health and Safety Administration has delayed the enforcement of rules protecting them from silica dust, which is incontrovertibly linked to increases in cancer and lung disease. Deaths will rise among those who toil in shipyards and on construction sites because a regulation created by the Obama administration to reduce exposure to the carcinogen beryllium has been reversed. Miners are at greater risk because inspections in coal mines to identify hazards have been curtailed, and families in Appalachia will be further endangered because the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine have been ordered to stop studying how pollutants produced by mountaintop-removal mining may lead to increased rates of cancer, birth defects and respiratory disease.

The lives of millions will be shortened because more than thirty regulatory rules safeguarding Americans from pollution have been rolled back: they will slowly die from increased heavy metal effluents in waterways; they will die if emission standards for vehicles are relaxed; they will die because chemical spills will be more frequent and our water, air, and soil less clean. And more children will get ill and die if parents opt out of immunization programs encouraged by the president’s reckless promotion of the completely debunked “theory” about a link between vaccination and autism, a belief seconded by Tom Price, until recently the head of Health and Human Services, who once said that “vaccines are the equivalent of human experimentation.”

Administrator
    It is crazy how hell-bent he is on overturning anything Obama did. I mean, you'd think regulation on exposing workers to things like silica dust and beryllium would be no-brainers, but since Obama did it, it's gotta go.

Most of them are likely the same workers who voted for Trump.

It'd be interesting to hear what those people have to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    If I recall the article correctly, he was also prohibiting any jokes about his wealth.

There are two things in my mind, as to his reluctance releasing his taxes:

1: (and what I consider to be the more important one): it will be revealed he's nowhere near as well-off as he professes. In fact, I'd venture a guess it's that he's in the shit can.
    2: Russia.

Either way, he's a fuck stain.
    WTF does #1 matter. I couldn't give two sharts how much our president is worth. I'd actually prefer he wasn't rolling in dough.

I think #2 is the only one that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It is crazy how hell-bent he is on overturning anything Obama did. I mean, you'd think regulation on exposing workers to things like silica dust and beryllium would be no-brainers, but since Obama did it, it's gotta go.
    I saw a meme where Trump brought Osama Bin Laden back from the dead to undo Obama's work.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    WTF does #1 matter. I couldn't give two sharts how much our president is worth. I'd actually prefer he wasn't rolling in dough.
    #1 probably matters more to Trump than #2. He's incredibly insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Popovich
    “I’ve been amazed and disappointed by so much of what this President had said, and his approach to running this country, which seems to be one of just a never-ending divisiveness. But his comments today about those who have lost loved ones in times of war and his lies that previous presidents Obama and Bush never contacted their families, is so beyond the pale, I almost don’t have the words.”

“This man in the Oval Office is a soulless coward who thinks that he can only become large by belittling others. This has of course been a common practice of his, but to do it in this manner – and to lie about how previous presidents responded to the deaths of soldiers – is as low as it gets. We have a pathological liar in the White House: unfit intellectually, emotionally, and psychologically to hold this office and the whole world knows it, especially those around him every day. The people who work with this President should be ashamed because they know it better than anyone just how unfit he is, and yet they choose to do nothing about it. This is their shame most of all.”
    1 2

Was Popovich a supporter of Trump?

Donald Trump has been a disappointment to his non-supporters prior to being elected...

Personally, I'd like to hear more of his supporters chewing him out... but unfortunately his approval rating is still pretty steady...

Interestingly comparing him to past presidents, Trump is by far the worst in modern history:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

President Ford only started out higher, but sunk to the same low Trump level quickly.
    President Clinton is the other president who actually briefly had lower ratings than Trump!

Ford was only in there to fill the gap of Nixon, we can only hope that Trump's time in the oval office will be a short one too.

All time low for a president was actually Jimmy Carter..., hopefully Trump will break that record before we boot him off so we can get Jimmy off the hook.

"He knew what he was signing up for." Trump to a pregnant widow of one of the soldiers who were killed in Niger.

Holy fucking mackerel.

And there's still people out there saying give him a chance
    He's done jack shit for 9 months. Nothing.

Especially nothing to make America great again. Not one thing.
    And the GOP are just as complicit in his fuckery for refusing to impeach him. Emoluments; day 1.