Page 1731 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 7311231163116811721172917301731173217331741178118312231 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,310 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
    Tom Cotton or Ted Cruz will be confirmed by Friday.
    My only hope there is that Cruz is supposedly famously reviled by just about every other member of the Senate, so he might actually not be able to get the votes.

The silverlining for them shoving a lame Supreme Court justice down our throats Last minute is that republicans will then likely lose the WH and senate majority.

Our court is already conservative anyways... IMHO, ideologically, if our court is going to error, I’d rather it error on the side of conservatism, just as personally, I’d rather error on the side of ‘caution’ or being conservative when it comes to stuff with longterm consequence...

I’d rather see the both congress and WH flipped. Those will give more immediate impact.

However, it will suck if DNC managed to lose all three. Hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Not really politics related, but of *COURSE* we have an earthquake tonight.
    It was a 4.6, do you really notice those?

Administrator
    Definitely. I know people who slept through it, but I was awake at the time. No big jolts, but we were moving around pretty good, and a few friends had things get knocked over/fall off shelves.

I'd categorize it as "I grabbed onto the armrest of the sofa and had both feet down ready to head to safety if needed, but I never actually got up" intensity.

Epicenter was right around my neighborhood... just few miles away! Experienced some high frequency lateral shakes, so windows got real loud for a bit but surprisingly nothing in my house/garage got knocked over.

Quite a few of my friends living further away reported it feeling much severe... I suspect the waves somehow got amplified as it traveled further... earthquakes are no big deal around here but for whatever reasons this on got more folks spooked. Probably because it’s 2020...

There’s a 6% chance in the next 3days that we’ll have a big one so we won’t have to worry about Trump and the CCP anymore...

Of course there’s still a 94% chance that no big one happens and we’ll still have to worry about politics as usual...

Definitely. I know people who slept through it, but I was awake at the time. No big jolts, but we were moving around pretty good, and a few friends had things get knocked over/fall off shelves.

I'd categorize it as "I grabbed onto the armrest of the sofa and had both feet down ready to head to safety if needed, but I never actually got up" intensity.
    All the ones I experienced in Japan were around 4.5, only ever noticed them if I was at home in bed.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Trump "joked" tonight (I say "joked" because Trump never jokes, he never laughs, he has no sense of humor)....that he would sign an executive order that Biden can't be president. WTF

Haha.

Administrator
    Remember when people criticized Obama for making too many executive orders?

Remember when people criticized Obama for making too many executive orders?
    How many days did they Faux News lambast him for his tan suit.

It says a lot for his presidency that that was a ... scandal.