Page 1571 of 1571 FirstFirst ... 5711071147115211561156915701571
Results 15,701 to 15,710 of 15710

Thread: Politics

FWIW, Trump’s approval rating has been improving since this pandemic started. It’s best we not count our chickens before they hatch.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...s/?cid=rrpromo

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html

Ask me about my bottom br
    Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; Yesterday at 05:27 PM.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by SportWagon View Post
    But the majority (a slim majority) did vote for Hillary.
    Whilst that might be true, it also didn't beat Trump.

I'm pretty certain the parties' leadership really know how to play the game of indirect elections in the U.S., that's why you have these relatively long swings of control for the houses of Congress or why it has been said that the deck is stacked against Sanders, it clearly isn't designed against one person in particular, but it surely favors the parties' elites.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    FWIW, Trump’s approval rating has been improving since this pandemic started. It’s best we not count our chickens before they hatch.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...s/?cid=rrpromo

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...oval-6179.html
    The whole thing has left me feeling like I'm in some upside down world where nothing makes sense and this just exacerbates that. What in the ever-loving fuck...will this change when the death rates start climbing? What will it take?

Class solidarity, that's the only thing proven to break fascist* regimes.
    acket.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Presidential approval ratings typically go up from a certain percentage of a population when a disaster hits...at least at the beginning, so I don't read too much into it.
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

True, but Presidents typically do at least the bare minimum when disasters hit. We're in uncharted waters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    True, but Presidents typically do at least the bare minimum when disasters hit. We're in uncharted waters here.
    Four years of "fake news" territory.
    There's a reaction that'll only believe what Trump says, and another faction that wants to believe what Trump said, versus a faction that views anything that Trump says with a heavy dose of skepticism, and a last faction that straight disbelieves anything Trump says.

I'm firmly in the last group. I think many Democrats and some Independents are too. Magats are in that first group, some Republicans and some Independents are in the second.

This is Trump's hurricane Katrina, except he already fucked up response to hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.

I blame the media for going along with his bullshit all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah, this is like 9-11 and financial crisis all happening at the same time. W got a bump on approval after 9-11, but probably took a hit for financial crisis.

So the stock market wipeout of the past 4 years will certainly be a hit on his chances come Nov... so just as how unpredictably stock markets can be in the near term, Trump's chances can be similarly unpredictable.

I do fear that if we all can feel safe enough to go out an vote on November, Trump will probably declare victory over this crisis again and possibly win.

If the mess we're in continues til then, then there will be no election... and hopefully Trump won't try anything funny such as making all the red states' electors give him the necessary electoral votes... or declear some kind of emergency to remain in power indefinitely. If he does that, I wonder if his supporters will really continue to enjoy surrender their freedoms to a dictator.... Will those patriots really embrace dictator Trump? Will they love Trump more than the constitution? I hope not...

Anyway, ideally, Pelosi or some other liberal congressperson will end up being the president if election's canceled.

I do hope the virus situation will be under control by then... don't want to see more chaos.

Biden, you really need to step up. American people seeing their stupid president everyday during this crisis will only help people forget about you.

It'd be really funny if Trump ended up with the legacy of giving basic healthcare for all Americans because of this pandemic... Planet earth also managed to reduced record number of carbon emissions on his watch.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; Today at 10:09 AM.