Page 1149 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1496491049109911391147114811491150115111591199124916492149 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,490 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    If democrats can stay in power, surely he'll give more to democrats.

With solar, EV tax credits and missions to space station, he has to dabble in politic.

Too bad he's not born in the US, for sure he'll make a much better billionaire president.
    What makes you think that? Has Tesla actually ever made a profit from actually selling cars?

I'll just cut the bullshit and give you the answer; no.

They've made a loss EVERY SINGLE QUARTER selling cars. Their profits have come from selling EV credits. And now that they've sold their 200000th car, their EV rebates are going to get phased out, meaning customers won't get as big a rebate, going forward, for going electric by buying a Tesla. They will by buying a Nissan Leaf or Chevy Bolt though, so that's going to make the case for buying a Model 3 much harder.
    The Tesla truck [i]may[b] bring some sales revenue but Mercedes already has an electric in the pilot stage and another through Fuso. They also will share that tech with Freightliner; they've already demo'd an all electric Freightliner Cascadia based on the most recent chassis.

But, let's get away from your seeming ignorance of business, and go back to familiar grounds; your definitely, deliberately, wilful ignorance of politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't necessarily think Cheeto Jesus is great at a lot of things, but maintaining plausible deniability is one of the things he is good at. He just said that he "hopes" they can "find the missing emails", then doesn't promise a reward, but only hints that you might get one from another party that's unconnected to him.

My thinking is that there's no doubt at all that there is collusion between at least some members of his campaign and other members of the GOP and the Russian government. The questions are whether they knew it was the Russian government or really thought they were going through some rogue hacker named Guccifer 2.0, and whether or not Trump himself knew of any of this. When it comes to the latter, I wouldn't be entirely shocked if it turns out he never knew about any of this, and was wandering along Mr. Magoo-like while his underlings were elbow deep in Russian shenanigans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    Yeah, I agree with that.

Though knowing whether it was the Russian government vs. just some hacker, IMO is mostly irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Important to note, said nationals are members of Russia's intelligence agency, GRU. (basically their version of the CIA, iirc)
    Making the legitimacy of Trumps entire presidency questionable.

Hillary Clinton for President.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    What makes you think that? Has Tesla actually ever made a profit from actually selling cars?

I'll just cut the bullshit and give you the answer; no.

They've made a loss EVERY SINGLE QUARTER selling cars. Their profits have come from selling EV credits. And now that they've sold their 200000th car, their EV rebates are going to get phased out, meaning customers won't get as big a rebate, going forward, for going electric by buying a Tesla. They will by buying a Nissan Leaf or Chevy Bolt though, so that's going to make the case for buying a Model 3 much harder.
    The Tesla truck [i]may[b] bring some sales revenue but Mercedes already has an electric in the pilot stage and another through Fuso. They also will share that tech with Freightliner; they've already demo'd an all electric Freightliner Cascadia based on the most recent chassis.

But, let's get away from your seeming ignorance of business, and go back to familiar grounds; your definitely, deliberately, wilful ignorance of politics.
    Do you have anything to say about solar and missions to the space station? All sucking up tax dollars. Though we don't know for sure spacex is profitable or not, chances are, they're not.

Anyway, so you believe Trump is a better billionaire president or you're just arguing with me for the sake of argument?

Spoiler:
    Do you have anything to say about solar and missions to the space station? All sucking up tax dollars. Though we don't know for sure spacex is profitable or not, chances are, they're not.

Anyway, so you believe Trump is a better billionaire president or you're just arguing with me for the sake of argument?
    Missions to space should not be left up to the private sector.
    Solar belongs on every single rooftop in areas that are predominantly sunny, with battery backup/ storage on site/ as close as possible.

I have not, in any way shape or form, said Trump is a better president than Musk could be. I've simply asked YOU how he could be better as president when his own company can't make a profit in the industry that it's in. It's literally government subsidies that are keeping Tesla profitable.

Am I against the EV credits? No. When mainstream car makers get serious about electrifying their cars as they seem to be getting to that point now, then they can be phased out. ICE engines can go the way of the dodo. Going forward it should be hybrid or electric.

Also Trump is no billionaire. He's mortgaged up to the hilt and deep in dark money. He's a pauper pretending to be a prince and the great unwashed are lapping up his rhetoric.

I hope you know that auto industry is only going electric because of Elon Musk.

Anyway, we're derailing this thread again and you are just arguing with me for the sake of argument.., or perhaps you don't like Musk donating to the republicans?

Whatever your reason for hating Elon, it's all based on your BS political view.

Spoiler:
    I hope you know that auto industry is only going electric because of Elon Musk.

Anyway, we're derailing this thread again and you are just arguing with me for the sake of argument.., or perhaps you don't like Musk donating to the republicans?

Whatever your reason for hating Elon, it's all based on your BS political view.
    I never said I hate Elon. I just think he is unfit to be president. Based on facts.

As for he being responsible for the surge in the electric car industry, you're completely, 1000% wrong. Again!!! It was California's mandate that automakers sell a % of cars that are "ZERO EMISSIONS" that kickstarted the whole electric car industry. Automakers were wringing their hands about the impossibility of doing so (when GM had already make an electric vehicle) and Musk just stepped into the void. The regulatory mandate is what prompted the birth of his company.

He realised he could sell cars and make money selling the EV credits to automakers. He just hasn't got the part where he makes a profit selling just the cars.

How are you so consistently irrepressibly wrong? Every time? Every fucking time. Every fucking thing.

Administrator
    I'd just like to point out that Elon spent yesterday calling someone who was rescuing kids in Thailand a "pedo" because the guy criticized his submarine.

Anyway, carry on.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'd just like to point out that Elon spent yesterday calling someone who was rescuing kids in Thailand a "pedo" because the guy criticized his submarine.

Anyway, carry on.
    that was definitely a step too far.

at this point I start to wonder if our "heroes" when growing up all had twitter accounts, how many would say something stupid like this.

Bullshit.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Jesus christ.