Page 1953 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 9531453185319031943195119521953195419551963200320532453 ... LastLast
Results 19,521 to 19,530 of 24806

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Work being done while some people complain about what can't be done because of the thin lead in the Senate.
    That’s good. Let’s celebrate when we empty that concentration camp.

Junior Potato
    Work being done while some people complain about what can't be done because of the thin lead in the Senate.
    Where are the children being released to?

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    Where are the children being released to?
    It's a little complicated.

The short and the long is that Trump et al basically had them in gulags. And would lose track of them. Or their parents if they happened to come with their parents.
    And progressives were shitting on Biden because he didn't flip a switch and magically get them all reunited with their parents or in proper care immediately after he was inaugurated. And the numbers of kids in those camps was still high.

Well it was because more sanitary and hygienic facilities were being constructed. With social workers, social services, mental health counselling, access to communications with their family via phone and or skype, modern medical and educational facilities etc.

Are they in those new facilities. Yes. And no. Some of them are. Many of those whose family cannot yet be located are the ones there. Maybe they crossed the border alone and have no family. Once their health and stability are established, if their family is available to take care of them they are released to their family. If they don't have family or family can't be reached they are placed in group homes. But the gist of it is that once they are medically cleared (we are in a pandemic after all) the administration is getting them out of the awful Trumpian facilities into facilities that are more like a secure holiday camp, and trying to quickly reunite them with their family.
    That's how it's supposed to work anyway. The reality is they are mostly in much more sanitary camps, with the requisite social services, medical, language, communications etc.

The majority of those who are left in the Dickensian Trump facilities are those who haven't been medically cleared yet. And there's still close to 1000 adults in the big facility in Donna Texas.
    Last edited by neanderthal; May 10th, 2021 at 11:27 PM.

Billi's hero being completely wrong, like billi usually is, as usual.
    Man, I unfortunately clicked View Post. One can only speculate why suddenly MR. BLACK/WHITE RIGHT/WRONG is extremely reluctant to take a stance on this issue. A cynic might suggest that it's enabling behaviour...

... and The Onion drops the mic
    -Formerly Stabulator

Sick Burn.

Junior Potato
    Ooooooh that is a sick burn. Hits reasonably close to home for me as one of my best mates was in the NZ army and had to kill a 15-year-old in Timor Leste, otherwise said 15-year-old would have shot him at point blank with an AK.

That, and the Onion article, both help remind you that war is neither fun or glorious, despite what Hollywood or video games tell you.

An yeah I do realise that the Onion is satire, which is the point of the website. Just thought I'd note it in case anyone missed what I was saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Man, I unfortunately clicked View Post. One can only speculate why suddenly MR. BLACK/WHITE RIGHT/WRONG is extremely reluctant to take a stance on this issue. A cynic might suggest that it's enabling behaviour...
    You’re not that unfortunate, you click view post all the time! Resistance is futile…

It’s very easy to pick a side and choose to stand with Israel based on my faith. However, I also cannot in good faith enable Jews to do evil…

When people fight a war, what’s good and what’s evil? Who’s right and who’s wrong? It’ll be difficult even for Billi to figure out.

My preference is to use it as last resort and keep it as short as possible.

Just glad Biden is pulling out of Afghanistan. President Hillary likely would not. Wonder if Neanderthal still prefers Hillary?

Anyway, I’m beginning to like Biden more and more. He’s no Bernie, but he’s also not Hillary.

Btw YW, Biden isn’t as friendly with China either. What will you do now? You gonna call him buddy of Trump too?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 11th, 2021 at 07:31 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Ok i get it, Hamas is evil, they do henious attacks and then shield behind innocents. Pure evil.

Imma let you finish but, Israel boasts of having THE BEST intelligence services in the world, they sell their intervention equipment and training to many nations, they even taunt others with their autonomous man-killing machines.

if that's is so, why is it that whenever they have to extract retribution on their enemies they go and kill full families, children and all. Don't they have THE BEST INTELLIGENCE, can't they pin point the exact location of the perps?

two options: either they're not as good spies as they say they are, or they're a fucking sadist State.
    acket.

What would be the point of picking which side is the lesser of 2 evils during a war?

If the attack only killed adult soldiers and left children as orphans, you’d be less upset?

Or anytime when your enemies using innocent human shields, then you can’t do anything? Is that the rules of war? If we all just use innocent human shields, we’d have world peace?

Jews are pretty ruthless or determined... Remember Abraham was even willing to kill his one and only son too! Maybe that’s why lots of folks hate Jews, but seriously, if you don’t believe in biblical history, at least look at modern history. You will not end well if you mess with Jews too much. My advice is, don’t stand against them at least. It’s for your own benefit.

If all mexicans were once round up in concentration camps waiting to be exterminated..., then maybe Mexico could become a sadist state as well? Similarly, if my family were wiped out senselessly by Israel, maybe I would ignore my own warning and join HAMAS too? I'd like to think that I'm smarter than that, but who knows... hatred is a powerful emotion.

Let's also not forget countless 'innocent families' in Japan murdered by the USA during WWII. But let's also not forget USA didn't invite them to come to Pearl Harbor... Can we really cry foul like that? 'Hey, I only attacked your military bases, why did you kill our civilians so senselessly?'

War sucks. It's pointless to make a judgement only on one side.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 11th, 2021 at 08:21 AM.