Page 1957 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 9571457185719071947195519561957195819591967200720572457 ... LastLast
Results 19,561 to 19,570 of 24777

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    A few things:

• No.
    • You're not the boss of me.
    • Saying I'm using common sense is offensive. I consider common sense to be a synonym for "unresearched."
    • You're still not the boss of me. If you ask me a question and I tell you I don't have an opinion, asking it again is asking me to tell you you're being a jerk.
    • I know.
    • Doesn't make my joke less funny. I don't know shit about European football, and I looked up a stadium that I knew was far away for that joke. I worked for it, dammit. I also saw that it may be (or is going to be) demolished. That would have been good comeback, but that would have been expecting the same level of research on something you likely don't care that much about as you're expecting from neanderthal about the NY mayoral race, which I suspect he similarly doesn't care that much about.
    • Yes you have.
    • Why?
    • I can also think Andrew Yang sucks without having a favorite candidate, just like I can think the Kardashians suck without having a favorite reality show.*

In short - you're notorious for moving the goalposts *and* being a devout Christian, so saying "Nevermind the bible, what's your opinion on the NY mayoral race" is objectively hilarious and my joke is subjectively at least chuckle-worthy.

* This is not indicative of my opinion of Andrew Yang, which I don't need to share with you. I don't really have a lot of one, but I do know that trying to deflect criticism of one person by demanding that someone have an opinion on everyone else who may be in some way related is a tactic to try to shift the onus onto the other person while also avoiding defending your own position. It's similar to telling a movie or food critic "Oh yeah, you think you can do better?" They never said they did, and I don't need to be good at making movies to know when one sucks.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; May 12th, 2021 at 09:47 PM.

You think you’re funny? I think I’m funny. I know I’m not your boss, but I also didn’t hire anybody to criticize me just for the sake of criticizing me. You do not have an opinion? Well I have. You don’t want to share your opinion? then don’t share. So you admit you’re not looking for discussions but only interested in criticizing me? I don’t mind criticisms, just don’t be so surprised when I fight back.

If God hired you to be my post critic, then I will shut up. well, did he?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 12th, 2021 at 11:01 PM.

Um, ... you're as funny as herpes.

Something something national security something something Republicans blocked something something oops I did it again.

Cue Capone "oh no. Oh no. Oh no no no no no."

This whole hacked pipeline thing coulda been prevented.

<Capone keeps singing> oh no no no no no!

I'm on my phone so can't adequately post this hence the link.

Brilliant synopsis of the Israeli/ Palestinian conflict.

https://twitter.com/__cinephile/stat...910000133?s=19

Andrew Yang is a twat cibai motherfucker. Henry Golding agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Um, ... you're as funny as herpes.
    If you give me herpes on one of my cheeks, I ain't gonna just turn and give you my other cheek. I'm gonna give you herpes back!

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Something something national security something something Republicans blocked something something oops I did it again.

Cue Capone "oh no. Oh no. Oh no no no no no."

This whole hacked pipeline thing coulda been prevented.

<Capone keeps singing> oh no no no no no!
    US really needs to do more on cybersecurity.

However, seeing that there was a huge leak in the pipeline and how their stock rises thanks to the gas shortage, I'm beginning to think they're doing this just to shift blame and to make more money selling less gas. Similar to the Texas situation. If you can make more profit selling even less electricity, why not do that? And then blame mother nature. It's a scheme pioneered by Enron. Rip Californians off, and then blame them for not building enough power plants. It's much easier to justify doing this during a pandemic. It won't be easy for people/government to tell if there's a real shortage or artificially created shortages until much much later...

If these hackers were really serious about messing with US infrastructure, they did a pretty lousy job. The hackers didn't even get control of the pipeline... the company just shut the pipeline down just to be "safe"...

Even if foreign hackers did gain remote control of the pipeline... what will the hackers do to the pipeline if you don't pay? It'll forever be sucked into cyberspace and gas company will lose that pipeline forever? Be able to steal US gas? Blow it up?

Anyway, hopefully at least this will change the minds of stupid GOP politicians and take cybersecurity more seriously, but I really don't think this particular incident is that serious.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 13th, 2021 at 07:18 AM.

Administrator
    Billi, all I'll say is part of having a discussion can be saying "I think this part of your reasoning is flawed, and here's why." And that part *is* my opinion, and it's the part I shared. It's not even really criticism. The criticism is the moving the goalposts nonsense, and if you want people to stop criticizing you for it, stop doing it.

If your opinion is that "everything I say must be accepted unquestioningly and the conversation must go directly in the way I want it to", you might want to think about starting a comment-section-less blog?
    Last edited by Tom Servo; May 13th, 2021 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    ... you might want to think about starting a comment-section-less blog?
    Isn't that what Trump has done?

Administrator
    Pretty much, and he seems to enjoy the heck out of it.