Page 1456 of 2488 FirstFirst ... 4569561356140614461454145514561457145814661506155619562456 ... LastLast
Results 14,551 to 14,560 of 24878

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    And lets not forget, he’s maintained a roughly 90% approval among Republicans the entire time

Attachment 3447

And this is why I can't fuck with Trump voters. Overlooking racism, sexism, nativism/ jingoism, homophobia, all the other isms, etc was enough, during his actual campaign!!! He's just become worse, and they still ride or die. Nah fam. Skip me with that bullshit.

I loved the video, long time ago, of a repairman pulling up to a black couples house to repair their golf cart, with the confederate flag proudly hanging off the back of his truck, and they said, "no thank you, we don't need your services."

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Agreed. Unfortunately for the past few decades there's been a "me first" attitude from a lot of people and that also means there's a lot of individualism and hence, a pushback against collectivism or anyone that's outside or "other".

This IMO also leads to a lot of people thinking their uneducated opinion is worth as much as others, because who cares what others think. It's cultural selfishness built in over generations and it's costing us in a lot of ways. I think that is why it's so easy for people to reject science and facts....ironically the statement "facts don't care about your feelings" seems to be a right-wing saying recently, even though most of them entirely don't listen to facts.
    Preach.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Dude. Did you even read it?

They were trying to stop the pile-on on Warren after the debate, but that's not how social media works. Political commentator said it was a mistake to try that. One too many mistakes they have been known to make in recent days.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Dude. Did you even read it?

They were trying to stop the pile-on on Warren after the debate, but that's not how social media works. Political commentator said it was a mistake to try that. One too many mistakes they have been known to make in recent days.
    Yes I read it. The jist of it was that quoting a particular hashtag when you opposed it just amplified it. Which is true.
    And I was pointing out they weren't attacking Bernie supporters.

Go back to the post you quoted and you'll see I was decrying the antics of bros who were actively trying to get Warrenistas banned.

I thought it was warren supporters blocking other warren supporters in an attempt to de-escalate.

Meh.
    acket.

"Vote blue no matter who" has been pushed by the Bernie faction, ostensibly because they think he'll be the nominee. A lot of non Bernie affiliated people also said it, so don't assume i'm saying it's only the Berners.
    The only problem with it is that we *I* remember those fuckers voting third party and we're i'm still pissed off about it, and i'm petty as fuck. I'm NOT voting Bernie, if he ends up being the nominee. I'll go vote down ballot, because those races are important, but, say it with me here, "fuck Bernie!" I'm writing in Hillary. I'm not the only one who feels that way.

And the bros don't understand just how pissed we are.

Courts are gone for a generation ... I'll stop before I start ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    The only problem with it is that we *I* remember those fuckers voting third party and we're i'm still pissed off about it, and i'm petty as fuck.
    That sounds like selective perception. Because that's defo not what I've read about last election.

Last edited by FaultyMario; January 17th, 2020 at 05:33 AM.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Lets, um ... recap.

Bernie ...
    [itemized list]

Sorry. His dismissive attitude towards women's issues paints him in a completely different light. He's no feminist.

You didn't get the memo?, well worry no more, here it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Actual Warren Staffer Addressing Subordinates
    “I would be careful with the ‘sexism’ angle when it comes to the Bernie/Warren exchange individually — that’s not what this is about and I think it’ll be really bad news for us if that becomes what this is about (i.e. press asking [Warren] if she thinks Bernie is sexist),” the staffer told the group. “Is that what this is about broadly? Absolutely. But no one here is actually claiming Bernie himself is sexist (regardless of your own personal beliefs on that topic).”
    acket.

I don't have Hulu, but, from the previews I might have seen, the NYT's editorial board did a pretty good job in presenting thoughtful answers from the democratic candidates in a nuanced setting (I know, the NYT, shocker!) for their The Weekly vlogcast. Watch it if you can.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    That sounds like selective perception. Because that's defo not what I've read about last election.

Don't bother, I've already linked him multiple articles that 2016 primary loser voters supported primary winners in a normal manner, he's choosing to believe a narrative.

Like in 2016, I wish I could combine multiple candidate's policies, but I can't. All 4 front runners are better than Trump, so I'll be voting for whomever gets the nomination, even if that angers Mo, or Billi, or whomever.