Page 1734 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 7341234163416841724173217331734173517361744178418342234 ... LastLast
Results 17,331 to 17,340 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    DNC is fighting hard against the Green Party to make sure people can’t vote Green like 2016.

Johnson won way more votes that Jill Stein. DNC needs to figure out how to beat the republicans rather than Green Party.

Lastly, should’ve just let there only be 8 judges in the Supreme Court rather than lower the bar and now it’s backfiring...

Anyway, can only hope and pray, Trump and republicans won’t succeed and be beaten badly come November.
    No. The Democratic Party is fighting to ensure that parties and entities that didn't fulfill the requirements to be on the ballot DON'T GET ON SAID BALLOT!!! See also; Kanye West.*

You just stay being wrong, don't you?

*And while we're at it FUCK KANYE WEST!! Mr "slavery was a choice" who recently opined that his current record contract was a "slave contract." Well, if slavery was a choice, you chose that shit muthafucker. Choke on it.
    Last edited by neanderthal; September 20th, 2020 at 12:22 PM.

Many 3rd party voting leftists on twitter, defending their votes vis a vis the recent death of Ginsburg, coming with the "why didn't RBG retire?" but not saying shit about Breyer.

See why I stay on their ass? Where's that same energy for Breyer?

Supposed to be on the same side, but keep questioning/undermining/ harming us, not the republicans.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    It's amazing that allowing everyone to have 1 vote in the U.S. would basically secure the Democrats have control for a while, instead of having less than 1 vote (due to the electoral college). I'm hoping when it comes to the idea of eliminating the electoral college, they really drive that point home.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    It's amazing that allowing everyone to have 1 vote in the U.S. would basically secure the Democrats have control for a while, instead of having less than 1 vote (due to the electoral college). I'm hoping when it comes to the idea of eliminating the electoral college, they really drive that point home.

In leau of like button.

Electoral college.
    Voter suppression.
    Disenfranchisement of prior felons (don't get me started on the carceral system, police system, judicial system, school to prison pipeline, etc!!)

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Many 3rd party voting leftists on twitter, defending their votes vis a vis the recent death of Ginsburg, coming with the "why didn't RBG retire?" but not saying shit about Breyer.

Supposed to be on the same side, but keep questioning/undermining/ harming us, not the republicans.
    Plenty of shoulda coulda woulda blames to go around...

I agree we should be on the same side, but we are obviously not. You can continue to blame folks not on your side or find ways to work with them.

I rarely see moderate republicans trying to shutdown tea party folks... when push comes to shove, they work together to beat the liberals.

Yet, democrats are busy fighting not only the republicans, but also other liberals/progressives who disagree with them.

Why not capitalize on the momentum of the progressives to win more votes? Well, the plutocrats just don’t want to give up control to the people...

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Plenty of shoulda coulda woulda blames to go around...

I agree we should be on the same side, but we are obviously not. You can continue to blame folks not on your side or find ways to work with them.

I rarely see moderate republicans trying to shutdown tea party folks... when push comes to shove, they work together to beat the liberals.

Yet, democrats are busy fighting not only the republicans, but also other liberals/progressives who disagree with them.

Why not capitalize on the momentum of the progressives to win more votes? Well, the plutocrats just don’t want to give up control to the people...
    "capitalise on the momentum of the progressives ..."

Wait. You mean those fuckers who
    A have an abysmal success rate at the polls
    B constantly deride and attack us
    C threaten, and then follow through, on voting third party.

Well. If they showed solidarity in the general that'd be a consideration. We'll try the undecideds and non voters. They're, literally, more reliable.

I work with anyone who works with me for the greater good. Those who don't, fool me once ...

Obama was the ‘progressive’ against Hillary. Who won in the end?

Sanders problem was that he wasn’t as charismatic as Obama, but he was the leading candidate when all candidates were free to campaign for themselves during the primary.

DNC didn’t want to allow the process to naturally play out so they intervened to make sure things play out in their favor.

Imagine if RNC successful fended off Trump, Hillary probably would have a better chance at winning in 2016...

Anyway, I just get the feeling that most diehard democrats are like you, if I don’t fall in line with the party, then I’m a deplorable person. Whatever. However, does the DNC really listen to the people?

Be honest, who in Washington listens to the people? At least Trump pretends to.

If DNC really listens to the people, they would not have suppressed Sanders in 2016 and meddled with the primary in 2020, which resulted in a candidate who was nobody’s favorite.

Yes, blame all that to deplorable 3rd party voters like myself.

It's just hit me that Hillary would have had 2 Supreme Court appointees. And given that she is the one who prodded Bill to look into nominating RBG (and he said he'd made up his mind within ten minutes of meeting her) i'm dismayed at how awesome our Supreme Court could have been.

The only thing worse than the people on the left who didn't vote for Hillary, are the ones who are still insisting that it was somehow smart, moral and appropriate. Given that she clearly warned us what would happen. Clearly. Like she had seen the future.

But fucksticks will fuckstick.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    The whole point of the Electoral College was to keep the US from falling into the hands of a dangerous populist, but that clearly failed, so yeah it’s time for POTUS to be decided by popular vote. After all they are the representative of all people, not all lands.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post

Hell, can we all just remember that Justice Kennedy turned out to be a big dumb self-serving piece of shit?