Page 1006 of 2488 FirstFirst ... 65069069569961004100510061007100810161056110615062006 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,060 of 24878

Thread: Politics

This bumper belongs in the Smithsonian.

870.jpg

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    it's amazing how they were able to put stickers on for the past 60 years of a 2000's Corolla too

I wonder if there's really somebody moderate in the US who casted their votes accordingly over the decades...

Probably not.

Administrator
    That and that's apparently that person who shows up on every poll as "undecided".

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Dear Mr. Trump, It seems you will succeed in kicking us out of NAFTA. And for that I thank you.

Sure, some people are going to suffer, mainly the richer folk who work in binational commerce. But I live in a country where small agriculture is grossly underrepresented and underpowered, and an end to Nafta is just what small producers have been begging for.

Currently 7 out of 10 agricultural producers in mx have plots of 15ac or less yet they provide 40% of grains for domestic consumption, the remaining 60% of grains are imported (Corn, our dietary staple comes almost exclusively from the U.S.). The rest of the main output of small producers is high value crops like coffee or agave. Also, 60% of all jobs in agriculture are provided by small farms, which are better for their local communities.

So yeah, Mr. Artist of the Deal, thank you, thank you, you have highhandedly contributed to us having to refocus our attention to our more efficient food producers, and you have also slashed demand of undocumented migration to your rural areas.

By bluffing us out of NAFTA You would've just made your corn and produce way more expensive for us than our own crops. Without a treaty with such beneficial conditions for your farmers, I doubt that under WTO rules The US would be allowed to subsidize farming exports as much as you have done.

I'm not saying it's going to be peachy for us, but it'll help us in the long run. We have a general election in 8 months, and the new conditions will prompt our leaders to reshape our policies, I have no faith in politicians, but it's going to be a pretty intense two years and we, the society, will push hard to get something done, we mexicans always shine on the face of adversity.

As for the rest of our exports, we've opened up our trade since NAFTA came into effect, and we have some good deals going, no Nafta will slow our commerce but it won't be the of our world.

Good luck getting re-elected!
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Also, almost all the beef we eat comes from the U.S., guess the Uruguayan ranchers will be rubbing their hands.
    acket.

Trump's flag ceremony joke sparks debate

Not only does he joke about it... He tries to talk over the bugle while it's playing. Talk about the height of disrespect.

You know how when you do too much molly your serotonin receptors shut down to reduce the effects? Whatever receptor responds to outrage in my brain is shutting down.

I'll take your word for it.

But, yes... I've had that same feeling for quite a while.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I said this a few months ago, but Trump is setting the bar so low that James Cameron is searching the Mariana trench right now trying to find it