Page 1009 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 95099099599991007100810091010101110191059110915092009 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,090 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Ugh, we covered the arrival of that soldier's casket back here in south Florida today. It was pretty rough. I normally would be pretty annoyed about covering something like that so much, but the family wanted the media there to get more attention to it, and get more answers.

Administrator
    FWIW, Trump is denying that he said that and claims to have proof. 'Course, he's claimed that before, so I think Michael Ian Black's prediction of how this will go is pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Ian Black
    "Mr. President, when will you release your proof?"
    "At the appropriate time."
    "When is that?"
    "A couple weeks."
    *Eons pass*
    "Now?"
    "Soon."

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    "He knew what he was signing up for." Trump to a pregnant widow of one of the soldiers who were killed in Niger.

Holy fucking mackerel.

And there's still people out there saying give him a chance
    He's done jack shit for 9 months. Nothing.

Especially nothing to make America great again. Not one thing.
    And the GOP are just as complicit in his fuckery for refusing to impeach him. Emoluments; day 1.
    Not true. He has done something... He's went golfing hell of a lot.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

This is political, right?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/3-y...Zjn&ocid=ientp

I find this crazy... the murder capital of California funding a basic income trial using charity funds. That is some next-level stuff right there, I'm stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    "We'll see what happens" is Trump-speak for "I'm ignorant on this topic so my ultimate decision making process and final opinion is totally unpredictable."

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    His demands, at least in the auto manufacturing sections, do show that he is ignorant.

50% American components out of 85% NAFTA components in order for vehicles to vehicles reach no-tariffs is fankly stupid when Canadian an Mexican automakers could in turn play by WTO most favored nation rules and get 2.5% import tariffs into the U.S., much cheaper than re-organizing global supply chains.
    acket.

I can probably accept he is good at real estate - he knows people and maybe knows how markets work or whatever - but he has zero background in or knowledge of anything else. I doubt he can conceive of the complexity of supply chains and thus he thinks he has some sort of control. It's the same with his wall - he doesn't understand the rights, construction, social effects, ongoing maintenance, etc. Or government - he doesn't understand what his job is, what areas he has influence in, or who he works with. I often wonder whether he knows he's ignorant or whether he thinks he gets it and that if he pushes harder he'll be proven right. We'll never know, but from my point of view he asinine demands of government, people, and industry make him look more like an idiot than his opinions on social issues. Lacking skill in government, or general business, or bringing people together and topping that all off with bluster and deceit makes him one of the most useless people on the planet. Certainly in politics. He brings demonstrably nothing to the table. He is so bad that I can't even remember how much I disliked the Bush family.

I reserve the right to change my mind later on, but at the moment, I can't say that I dislike Trump more than I dislike W. W pretty much allowed Enron to rob Califonia... and started a bogus war in Iraq. Those were some real, immediate hurtful things done to both Americans and people abroad.

Of course I know it's still early with the Trump admin, so hopefully Trump won't be as fucked up... we'll see.

The real hurtful thing Trump could do is with healthcare..., but the guy is so schizophrenic, who knows how that will end.

As for those trade stuff or paris accord things... those are just business dealings that can be changed at a moment's notice...

Anyway, I think Trump's unpredictability is probably due to him trying to cover too many bases... he had to keep his base happy, his real estate holdings profitable, his loyal friends happy, and especially the Russians happy... so naturally if you try to make all of them happy, you're going to end up looking like you're schizo or don't know what you're doing.

So far, I have to say W is still my worst modern president. I really do hope Trump won't keep pushing to win that honor. If the fucker starts a stupid war, then of course he for sure will win... let's hope not.

Hopefully his house of cards will come crashing down soon.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 19th, 2017 at 10:10 AM.