Page 101 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 5191991001011021031111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 24777

Thread: Politics

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    I almost posted this in the epic fails thread:

http://www.epictimes.com/2014/11/ooo...te-mike-fabee/

She sometimes goes off script so it almost seems like she has a brain, but then shit like this happens and we remember that she's a pretty talking head.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

Buzz feed is a news source?

Buzz feed could have real news... it's just not as 'trusted' probably because of its name. It's not named as a news source, but as a buzz source!

Anyway, that commentary is kinda stupid IMHO. Yeah, liberals are young, crazy conservatives are old and they have no future. I'd rather be on the young liberal side! Well, gee... people age you know. Some day you'll be 72 and you'll be listening to the Rush equivalent of the future... (Hope Jon Stewart won't come to that...)

I really don't see the need to put down the 'other' side. Hey, they're crazy, stupid, old, and they're only a tiny group with tiny dicks... so it's good to be a liberal! Yeah, right.

America faces problems so big that I don't think either party can solve them. Each blaming the other side and someday we won't be able to kick the can down the road any further.

Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    I think the bigger issue now is who's next and what she'll do.
    And with what kind of congress.
    mk, we know US Congress is fucked. I really thought Obama was our best hope. I really don't see Hillary as someone who'd bring forth change. I dunno. Maybe she'll surprise me. Maybe it's good to have low expectations.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 12th, 2014 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    I almost posted this in the epic fails thread:

http://www.epictimes.com/2014/11/ooo...te-mike-fabee/

She sometimes goes off script so it almost seems like she has a brain, but then shit like this happens and we remember that she's a pretty talking head.
    I think you're giving her too little credit. I think she just accidentally merged the word Fox and Huckabee by trying to talk to fast. I think it was an honest mistake and she recovered or pretended that never happened quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    [/video]
    This would go along with that report nicely. TV network scorecards

It's funny how people always compare how biased The Daily Show is compared to Fox news. Most of what The Daily Show shows is just clips of Fox news and points out how wrong they are.
    While a lot of what is on Fox is just blatant lies and scare tactics.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Al Jazeera not trusted?

acket.

People keep mentioning how bad of a job Obama is doing. But, I wonder what people would think of a President today if they:

Cut the top tax rate and then raided social security to try and make up the difference.
    Increased the national debt from $900b to $2.8t
    Spent billions of dollars in weapons and training in funding terrorist
    If unemployment raised from 7.5% to 11%
    Completely ignored a horrible unknown virus for years
    Signed an immigration reform bill into law that gave millions of undocumented workers amnesty
    Raised taxes 11 times.

Do you think either side would be happy with such a presidents performance?
    Last edited by 21Kid; November 12th, 2014 at 10:49 AM.

Geez...

The Cook County State’s Attorney’s office on Wednesday launched a criminal investigation into a barrage of weekend robocalls that gave false instructions to elections judges — a chaos-sowing endeavor that elections officials called “a serious attempt to disrupt" Chicago voting.
    Chicago election judges received misleading and factually incorrect robocalls before the midterm, causing close to 2,000 of them to not show up on Election Day. As a criminal investigation gets underway, the Chicago Sun-Times has tied the calls to two Republican activists while the Republican Party has denied involvement and distanced itself from the party members who it claims acted alone.
    An unknown number of election judges received one or more automated phone calls that informed them about an additional required training session or told them they needed to vote a certain way in order to keep their position. As a result, polling places across the city were understaffed and lines reached seven hours in some precincts. A smaller number of voters were turned away from certain locations.
    And I bet there will be exactly zero consequence of all this.

Socially and economically, Obama's presidency has been a resounding success. Republicans spin it negatively or ignore it.

Militarily, he's actually as much of a warmonger as Bush ever was, and has bombed easily as many brown people. Republicans call him weak and cry for more war.

Bi-partisan politics at its finest. It doesn't matter what the President is actually doing, just call him a Nazi and do the opposite.