Page 1015 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 1551591596510051013101410151016101710251065111515152015 ... LastLast
Results 10,141 to 10,150 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I'm going to feel a little let down if it's just Manafort and Gates. We knew they were dirty a year and a half ago. It's a sick commentary on this country where they'll bust you for drugs on sight, but if you work for a foreign country and launder tens of millions of dollars they won't do anything for 18 months, and might not do anything at all unless a special counsel is appointed. Weak sauce, US, weak sauce.
    It won't be just them....this is step 1

I hope so - obviously Manafort was low-hanging fruit, and there is a good chance Manafort is going to sing like a bird to win favor... but, still, I was hoping for a legit roundup this morning. I guess it's a little sick, but it's a sick world!

I can only imagine what's happening with Trump's inner circle right now. They gotta be quaking right now, worried what Manafort is going to say - true or not!

I still maintain what I said above - this isn't going to change anything. The Cheetoans in this country are going to blame all of this on establishment conspiracy and redouble their efforts to get us all blown up. It's not going to change how anybody thinks or feels or acts. All we're doing is learning about shitty things that can happen, not how to actually act and treat each other. Not surprisingly, this is real reality TV.

Things will improve I think, but it's sad we have to get to the brink of catastrophe first

This is the good stuff:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...6Z5?ocid=ientp

On or about March 14: Papadopoulos met a London-based professor that claimed to have "substantial connections with Russian government officials."

March 19: Russian hackers successfully hacked Clinton campaign head John Podesta's email account.

March 24: A professor introduced Papadopoulos to an alleged niece of Russian President Vladimir Putin. According to the court documents, Papadopoulos told his campaign supervisor the subject of the meeting was "to arrange a meeting between us and the Russian leadership to discuss U.S.-Russia ties under President Trump." "Great work," replied the supervisor, who said he would work the offer through the campaign. The supervisor is not named.

Papadopoulos would later find out the so-called niece was not, in fact, related to Putin.

April: Papadopoulos maintained contact with both the woman and professor to set up a meeting throughout April, keeping the campaign apprised of his contact.

April 29: The professor told Papadopoulos the Russians had "thousands" of Clinton's emails containing dirt. The next day, Papadopoulos thanked the professor for his help setting up a possible meeting between Russians and Trump.
    July 29: Three months after the Trump campaign was first told that Russian operatives had Clinton emails, Trump said "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press." Later that day, he tweeted "If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!"
    August 15: Papadapoulos said: "I would encourage you [and another foreign policy advisor to] make the trip[], if it is feasible."

The trip never occurred.
    Odd that the trip didn't happen - maybe Trump calling attention to the facts was a problem - but as (I guess) has been established, a failed or aborted collusion effort is still collusion.
    Last edited by thesameguy; October 30th, 2017 at 11:29 AM.

In other important news that is being LEFT OUT BY THE CROOKED LAMESTREAM MEDIA, wait it's from CNN, nevermind:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/30/tech...inkId=44111174

Administrator
    Yeah, I think Manafort and Gates were easy enough to get and not the keys to getting more people. Papadopoulos was arrested in July, but plead guilty to one charge in early October and the whole thing was kept secret until today. My guess is he's been wearing a wire and singing like a canary this whole time. Clovis and Sessions are two people who might be real nervous right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    In other important news that is being LEFT OUT BY THE CROOKED LAMESTREAM MEDIA, wait it's from CNN, nevermind:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/30/tech...inkId=44111174

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I'm going to feel a little let down if it's just Manafort and Gates. We knew they were dirty a year and a half ago. It's a sick commentary on this country where they'll bust you for drugs on sight, but if you work for a foreign country and launder tens of millions of dollars they won't do anything for 18 months, and might not do anything at all unless a special counsel is appointed. Weak sauce, US, weak sauce.
    I hate to say it... but, it seems like the media is partly to blame. If they could keep these issues as headline stories EVERY DAY! instead of the latest "guess what stupid thing Trump did now!" there would be a lot more pressure on people to do something about it. The fact that these things are getting left in the dust makes it seem like people don't care about it.

No one's even talking about the Emoluents clause any more. And that has been a clear problem since Day 1. Hell, before he even took office! He's even flaunted it by meeting with foreign dignitaries at Mar-A-Lago. Speaking of which... Does anyone remember that he revealed intelligence secrets to Russians?!? This shit just gets pushed further down the page, because we obsess with all of the newest/latest. (Nothing on the news about this since MAY!!!)

Keep bringing up this important shit!!!

It's very true. I suspect you get a more "list of shit" approach from hard-core, partisan news sites whereas mainstream media sells headlines and behaves accordingly, but I don't know because I really don't pay that much attention.

OTOH, I wonder if it matters. I know my brain works differently than most - I always assume if nobody is talking about it, nobody is doing anything about it. That's really an insane way of thinking, but I can't stop so whatever. It's not unfathomable that the way this ends up working is that everyone is just looking for what sticks... throwing stuff out until something happens, the public reacts, etc. and then once that ball is rolling we can circle back and dredge up all the old shit. I mean, Manafort has been under investigation for YEARS, and they have suspicions dating back a decade. It wasn't until there was possible election-fixing on the table that "we" actually started doing something and now that whole ten year period is under scrutiny.

If Trump does down, it will probably be in the same way. He's done a bunch of "little insane" things but he hasn't actually started WWIII or repealed the Civil Rights Act, so it's just death by a thousand cuts. But if, for example, Steyer's impeachment effort picks up steam you can bet all these small-scale actions will be compiled into a sweet, sweet Powerpoint to paint a picture of someone who is actually wacky and unhinged.

But, seriously, it doesn't matter. Reality TV has literally ruined this country. People need to stop worrying about violent video games murdering children and start worrying what reality TV is doing to society. I'm not joking, not even a little bit.

looks like some Fox staffers are not happy about their own channel:

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/31/medi...age/index.html