Page 1020 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 2052092097010101018101910201021102210301070112015202020 ... LastLast
Results 10,191 to 10,200 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Trump nominating a new head of the Federal Reserve - is that just another move to remove someone Obama put in, just for the sake of it?

Most of them either seem to last about 10 years if they get through the first couple, but the current one has been in for three and Trump's replacing her in his first 12 months in office.
    Her term was up.

Typically the Head of the Federal Reserve is renominated, for a second term, no matter who nominated them the first time. This is actually the first time it hasn't. It is fairly certain he picked someone else, because Yellen was chosen by Obama... but there is nothing controversial about the pick itself, really the first nomination he's made where he picked a pretty decent person for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerB View Post
    I would argue that, if you’re a California voter, voting for a third party is not de facto Trump support. Running up the score in CA wouldn’t (and didn’t) get Clinton any closer to winning.

I’m also not sure that this is a productive argument a year after the election, anyway. Is it 2018 yet?
    Academically, you're not wrong. But parsing it too fine gets us to a situation where we are blaming voters in the states that get their caucuses and votes early in the nomination process. And that's not going to fly.
    So i'm holding people who voted in the election responsible for their votes and the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    If there were collusion or whatever other impeachable offenses, surely he'll be removed while in office sooner or later.

Hillary, OTOH, will most likely not going to be impeached during her term. Surely she'll be much craftier at hiding things.

If Trump could really hold on for 4 years... or the unthinkable 8 years..., I've gotta hand it to him for such achievement.

Regarding world wars, I really doubt Trump would want to risk destroying his hotels... The guy is an annoying loud mouth and has yet to delivered what he promised. So hopefully the trend continues.

You're still with this shit!!!

On one hand you're telling me "she lost, get over it" {sidebar; um ... YOU'RE to blame, remember!!!!!!!!!!} then a second later you're trying the "she's crafty, she's nasty, she's guilty, she can't be trusted" and yet I specifically remember challenging YOU, right here in this thread to tell us the actual dirt about her. And you failed. You had nothing on her. You couldn't even come up with a single shady thing. You've fallen so hard for the last three decades of the Republican hype machine that i'm surprised you're not catatonically saying "but her emails" all while failed to realise your duplicity in this whole mess. Stop dragging Hillary if you don't have the goods on her. You are literally the Fox News echo chamber when you do so.

Then you have the nerve to act like you're the independent fact- weighing, reality- seeing, "thinker" among us with your "both parties are the same" rhetoric. That pig won't fly. The emperor is not wearing clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Well to your point, they were also tasked with overturning a result if it was deemed that the voter base was insane, misled, etc. just like a Judge in a court case....and technically some SHOULD have overturned the results this time.
    Impeachment should have been on the table on day 1 but the feckless cowards in the GOP are more concerned with satisfying their overlords than the country. And they have the balls to run on patriotism ...

Don't get me started on their voters.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Academically, you're not wrong. But parsing it too fine gets us to a situation where we are blaming voters in the states that get their caucuses and votes early in the nomination process. And that's not going to fly.
    So i'm holding people who voted in the election responsible for their votes and the outcome.
    Well, maybe if the primary hadn't been rigged there would have been candidates worth showing up for and more people would have voted.

Fuck Clinton and her "It's my turn to be president!" tantrum. Run a good campaign, don't fuck with your team mates. Be a basically good human being.

If the only purpose of a choice is the lesser of two evils, I say we all just vote for evil and get this party started. Oh wait, that happened. So, let's just hope 2017 is our nation's come to Jesus moment and we all walk away with better ideas for the future. If not, the RV is all gassed up and I can make it Mexico without stopping. Probably Costa Rica before it falls apart. LET'S DO THIS.

Local document series outside line: has a part #trumpland.
    (removed from youtube but is at https://areena.yle.fi/1-3875448)
    (says it's globally available)

It says nothing has changed, it's still all about money.
    (why poor democrats voted Trump)

Indicating that good social security will flip the coin, permanently.
    (here totally consumed salary is 3/4 straight back to the society)

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Well, maybe if the primary hadn't been rigged there would have been candidates worth showing up for and more people would have voted.

Fuck Clinton and her "It's my turn to be president!" tantrum. Run a good campaign, don't fuck with your team mates. Be a basically good human being.

If the only purpose of a choice is the lesser of two evils, I say we all just vote for evil and get this party started. Oh wait, that happened. So, let's just hope 2017 is our nation's come to Jesus moment and we all walk away with better ideas for the future. If not, the RV is all gassed up and I can make it Mexico without stopping. Probably Costa Rica before it falls apart. LET'S DO THIS.
    Xerox this!

Blaming me gets you nowhere Neanderthal...

There will always be stupid voters..., the thing to change is to allow the system to provide us better candidates.

If all they can offer us are candidates like Hillary and Trump, I ain't playing. You can play if you want. I won't blame you if Hillarys elected. I would've just thought that sucked. Of course things sucked even worst now, but hopefully this suckiness will pressure all of us to bring about some kind of change... or we'll just all die in WWW3!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 3rd, 2017 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    Local document series outside line: has a part #trumpland.
    (removed from youtube but is at https://areena.yle.fi/1-3875448)
    (says it's globally available)

It says nothing has changed, it's still all about money.
    (why poor democrats voted Trump)

Indicating that good social security will flip the coin, permanently.
    (here totally consumed salary is 3/4 straight back to the society)
    I'm no expert, but I certainly agree. Trump's campaign was primarily based on financial scare tactics: Foreigners are taking your jobs, climate change wackos are hurting your businesses, government programs are taking your money. The establishment is working against your security!!! Everyone can identify with that. It's a good drum to beat. When you've got that on your side and a $100,000 Facebook marketing campaign, how can anyone compete??? Trump watched Brexit happen and then reran all the plays. Well played. Clinton rigged her nomination and then tried to jog across the finish line. Although, in her defense, how can you compete when a foreign entity spends ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS on ads. You can't. It's game over man, game over!

Unrelated, I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the idea that Clinton's pockets were overflowing but the DNC was in swimming debt.
    Last edited by thesameguy; November 3rd, 2017 at 08:49 AM.

responding to CrazedInsanity.
    Why don't you try pinning some jello to the wall while you're at it. You're going to have the same outcome.

i.e.

Impeachment should have been on the table on day 1 but the feckless cowards in the GOP are more concerned with satisfying their overlords than the country. And they have the balls to run on patriotism ...

Don't get me started on their voters.
    This!!!

They wave the flag around like they're the ones who care about it. While back in reality.
    They're effing over 99% of American's by following their 1% donors wishes.
    They're taking away freedoms of people from religionj.
    They're inducing terror with their xenophobia & gun policies
    They're trying to take away many people healthcare.
    They're attempting to inflate the 1%s pockets and destroy our national debt.

I can't think of one thing that they are doing to try and help the majority of Americans!