Page 1024 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 2452492497410141022102310241025102610341074112415242024 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,240 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Those have been going out for a while. I saw one with almost identical wording maybe six months ago.

I also just saw their survey on my opinion of how he's doing as President. The three options were "Great", "Good", and "Okay". No negative responses were listed.

So, we truly are emulating North Korea now...

Nah, that's just politics as usual. I don't see it as any different than all the right-wing emails that old people forward around in text so large you have to stand back from the monitor to read it. Damn, people - get some reading glasses from the Dollar Store if you need text that large!

There is much more to be concerned about with this president and his supporters than preposterously slanted email surveys.

Can folks focus on impeachment, rather than spam email surveys? Who cares about those surveys?!?!?!?!? I wonder if roofer even took those surveys...

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ping-them-over

"Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over,” Trump said at an event with Japanese business executives, according to a pool report.

Three out of every four Japanese brand cars sold in North America were manufactured on the continent, according to Columbus Business First.
    And Mazda and Toyota announced in August that they were investing $1.6 billion to start a new manufacturing plant in the U.S. that will create about 4,000 new jobs.

This whole Paradise Papers fallout is going to be interesting as well....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41889787

nstead of paying Irish corporation tax of 12.5%, or the US rate of 35%, Apple's avoidance structure helped it reduce its tax rate on profits outside of the US to the extent that its foreign tax payments rarely amounted to more than 5% of its foreign profits, and in some years dipped below 2%.

Seems to be approx $8-35 Billion in tax avoidance per year... I wonder how that might affect the share price, if they were tagged with a $15 Bil. per year x 5 years tax penalty...
    Last edited by Fogelhund; November 6th, 2017 at 06:07 PM.

Administrator
    Interesting writeup from NPR about Trump's year since being elected and his base: https://www.npr.org/2017/11/07/56235...ling-aggrieved

Quote Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
    This whole Paradise Papers fallout is going to be interesting as well....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41889787

nstead of paying Irish corporation tax of 12.5%, or the US rate of 35%, Apple's avoidance structure helped it reduce its tax rate on profits outside of the US to the extent that its foreign tax payments rarely amounted to more than 5% of its foreign profits, and in some years dipped below 2%.

Seems to be approx $8-35 Billion in tax avoidance per year... I wonder how that might affect the share price, if they were tagged with a $15 Bil. per year x 5 years tax penalty...
    Very smart of them!

I don't mind them finding creative ways to avoid paying taxes, but why are they just letting their money sitting there?

At least open up some sort of R&D center to develop new products or something!!! Lend it to Elon Musk to build cars and rockets and cool and awesome stuffs!

Instead, we have iphoneX and it couldn't tell twins apart with their facial recognition software...

Invest in the future Apple. Jobs' legacy will run out soon...

Administrator
    Well, this has been an interesting day. Democrats won tons of elections, including the VA Gov. race, which Trump spent most of the morning tweeting about Gillespie and how great he was and how awful Northam was, claiming that VA was riddled with high crime and in bad financial shape (it's ranked 3rd for the lowest crime rate and has an unemployment rate of 3.7%). Trump then immediately threw Gillespie under the bus when the election was called for Northam.

A big one was in the VA state legislature, where a trans woman just unseated the Republican who wrote the whole anti-trans bathroom bill.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; November 7th, 2017 at 05:41 PM.

Um ... Donald ... what you're tweeting is in direct conflict with what you're tweeting about