Page 1026 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 2652692697610161024102510261027102810361076112615262026 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,260 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Trump on Twitter
    How can you blame China for taking advantage of people that had no clue? I would've done same!

Sure, what's wrong with that?

FFS.

Administrator
    In positive news, I found common ground with Trump.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-exempt-status

Broken clocks, and such.

Administrator
    Indeed, and it's almost certainly jealousy based, as their statements and his are eerily similar, only they're even better at Trumpian clashing than he is.

And they infiltrated the government on a large scale when he had an ouchie on his tootsies that kept him out of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    In positive news, I found common ground with Trump.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-exempt-status
    Is that because he thinks it's not a religion or because it is Scientology? I wonder what other religions could be targeted.

Administrator
    Again, I think he just hates the competition. He talks *exactly* like any higher-up Scientologist: short words, direct phrasing, with insulting words peppered in, often not denying something someone said but instead attacking them over something unrelated and quite probably untrue.

I don't think this is a principled stance in any way. I think I mostly posted it because I want to be able to refer back to it the next time Billi pulls his "Can't you name at least one good thing this horrible person did?" card.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Are you done yet Mo? He's not going to get it... no matter how hard you try. For your own sanity, put him back on ignore.
    He needs to hear it along with all Trump voters. An election is not a bad dessert choice at dinner, an unfortunate style pairing at a before you leave the house or a minor fender bender where no one got hurt and the cars only got scratched. It has real fucking consequences for real people. The sheer number of things that we're now inured to is horrifying. Now, to be fair, a lot of these things are not the result of the election, and started before this election. And there is no guarantee that a Hillary presidency would have solved all of them, some of them, or any of them, but, we surely wouldn't have the mental trauma, yes, it's mental trauma, of dealing with this shit every. fucking. day.

We, right here, used to lament the daily new revelations and actions of this administration. We're almost numb to it now, but it's not funny, it's not cute, it's ghastly. What hath he wrought, and not wraught but not given a fuck about?

Flint water crisis. Puerto Rico. Not paying attention to the daily security briefing. Declared the Court system a threat to the country. Roy fucking Moore right now. Merrick Garland. Guns. Nazis. (We're talking Nazis being "fine people on both sides" for fucks sakes.) Suborning Russian meddling with our elections. Remember how he signed the Book of Remembrance at the Holocaust museum? Tax cuts for the wealthy. Cutting Medicare to accommodate that. Muslim ban (should I repeat this three times or just leave it here?) Kneeling during the anthem. The $15 BILLION dollar hole in the budget. Gerrymandering. Nepotism. Accusing President Obama's National Security Advisor of a crime and then conspiring with the head of the House Intelligence Committee to foment a scandal. Self dealing. The Tax Reform Plan he unveiled was [i]less[i] detailed than the one he campaigned on. Less detailed. Money Laundering. Pollution/ Environmental damage. Siad he break up the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Educational damage. Denying science. Global warming. Collusion. Voter suppression. Stacking courts. Dog whistles. Obstructionism. Reproductive choice (forty fucking years later. Seriously??????) US Virgin Islands. Fucking with North Korea. Releasing a budget with a 42 trillion error. Supporting/ condoning Erdogan's regime in Turkey. A Saudi Arabia coup happening right fucking now. Brexit. Genocide of the Rohyinga. Deleterious relations with Cuba after opening ties for the first time in 50 years and thawing a still lingering Cold War. homophobia. Deregulation of food safety. Cutting the legal authority of the Office of Government Ethics to do its job then hiring lobbyists and industry lawyers to government jobs. Accusing Obama of wiretapping his phones? And when he suggested Obama had wiretapped Chancellor Angela Merkel? Monopolistic tendencies in news and media conglomerates. Shoving the Prime Minister of Montenegro out of the way for a photo op. Glorifying Confederate icons. Creating a diplomatic incident with Australia (over taking in refugees that we had agreed to.) Falsifying facts (Inauguration attendance etc.) Accusing London's Muslim Mayor of being indifferent to terrorism. Suggesting Frederick Douglass is still alive. Fake news. Use of private jets by government workers. Saying "cutting funds to Meals on Wheels is one of the most compassionate things we can do." Foreign hacking of essential infrastructure. Steve Bannon, a white nationalist, in the White House. Never mind Miller!!!! ICE raids and seeking undocumented aliens outside schools, hospitals, courtrooms, etc. Condemning a private company (Nordstroms) for dropping his daughters fashion line. Seeking compromat on Hillary from foreign agents. Grab em by the pussy. Trumpcare. State Dept budget cuts. Melania living in New York for that time. Blowing the Secret Service budget. Censoring the White House media. Firing the Director of the FBI for failing to demonstrate personal loyalty to Don don. Trying to intimidate said former Director by insinuating there were tapes of all their conversations. Holding a nuclear strategy session in the public dining room of his property in Florida. Appointing woefully unqualified people to Cabinet positions. Perjury in said confirmations. Golfing every weekend at his properties. Actual Russian interference in our elections. Pulling out of the Paris Accord. Emoluments. Reneging on Iran. Lying about coal jobs coming back. Sharing top secret intel with a hostile nation. Cutting funding for healthcare enrollment. Inciting NFL franchise owners to fire players who kneel for the anthem. Praising Duterte who has killed thousands of people in the Philipines. Insulting the wife of a dead soldier and saying "he knew what he signed up for." Besides insulting the scion of a gold start family. Trashing the new START treaty on the phone with Putin, after pausing to ask what the START treaty was anyway? Allowing the State Departments website to advertise his Florida property. Oh, remember when he was disappointed in Bill O'Reilly for settling those sexual harassment claims? Declared mainstream media the enemy of the American people. Claiming the popular vote was lost because of millions of illegal immigrants voting. Declared he was open to starting a nuclear arms race. Etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy
    Give it a rest.
    And i'm tired of thinking about things said and done and typing about them now so i'm going to give this post a rest, but no, I will not give it a rest. These things, many of them, have permanent real consequences; Flint, Puerto Rico, judicial nominees, deportations, budget cuts, etc etc etc which are harmful to many people. Just because billi is immune to a lot of them doesn't many people aren't. So no. I won't give it a rest.

I'll give billi and Trump voters a break when the actions of Donald Trump are no longer a public menace. Just the other month I had to defend someone being publicly berated for not speaking English. Then respond with "this is my home you stupid twat!" when their invective was directed at me.

Edit; I was going to make that wall of text a list and list links for each but i'm already tired just making the list. And we're in the first year of Trump's presidency. 3 more years minimum because GOP.
    Last edited by neanderthal; November 10th, 2017 at 06:46 PM.

Administrator
    We all talked about, when Trump got elected, that there's a real danger in becoming numb to the horribleness. Even now, a guy who may very well have sexually assaulted a 14 year old when he was 32 has a real chance at becoming a US Senator.

I'm totally okay with neanderthal still being mad as hell. I'm trying to keep myself there, because this shit is fucked up, and as tired as I am of it, I need to force myself to not fall into complacence.