Page 104 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 454941021031041051061141542046041104 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 24779

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Watch The Young Turks video above, it explains the extent of polarization and the size of the polarized masses. 80% percent of americans are not crazy teapartylunatics or gaylovincomnists. But averageness does not make for entertaining news entertainment.
    Indeed - I was going to refer to that as well...

Bullshit.

As I said before, BO came to power with a huge democratic bonus (you can see the charts titled Presidential success for reference) the fact that it diminished is only natural, by most studies a political honeymoon lasts eighteen months on average. the fact that his batting average fell from .850 to .200 speaks of the inability of his own team. Put it another way, a Star Slugger playing for team suck.

And secondly Mo', stop believing the media discourse. The WORST.PRESIDENT.EVER. diatribes will die down now that we're past the elections, after all it was all part of the political game. You complain that incumbents with 10% approval get 90% reelection success... then those guys can play the game. Either they're excellent salesmen or the system is so rigged that only the purest paladins of civility can oust them in an election. Watch The Young Turks video above, it explains the extent of polarization and the size of the polarized masses. 80% percent of americans are not crazy teapartylunatics or gaylovincomnists. But averageness does not make for entertaining news entertainment.
    Gerry mandering.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Isn't that an institution of historical importance to the democratic party?

Did you care to check Obama's relationship with an opposition congress versus that of other presidents in similar situations? The 44th's below average on that front.

And that my friend, indicates that his team of capitol hill handshakers is not doing a good enough job in, forget about televised vitriol for a second, closed-doors dealings. A group of professional politicians he is ultimately responsible for.

Let's not compare Barry-O to GWB (who most of us suspect was not the real power but rather a front for a bunch of seasoned old family friends and who probably remains ignorant about the fine details of what went on during his presidency), but rather, check his track record against the last democratic-party president before him. try to find commonalities and then it'll become obvious where, why and how much B.O. is a failed leader. If, as i contend, he really is.
    acket.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Even a lot of Republicans are giving Ted Cruz shit over his idiotic statement about net neutrality.

http://samuel-warde.com/2014/11/face...will-make-day/

That, is pure gold.

.And that my friend, indicates that his team of capitol hill handshakers is not doing a good enough job in, forget about televised vitriol for a second, closed-doors dealings. A group of professional politicians he is ultimately responsible for.
    Well put, and you've reminded me of another annoying aspect of BO - his appointees. He has assembled a crap team in almost every regard, indicative of his disappointments. Appointing Comcast executive as "internet czar?" Really? GIGO.

Isn't that an institution of historical importance to the democratic party?

Did you care to check Obama's relationship with an opposition congress versus that of other presidents in similar situations? The 44th's below average on that front.

And that my friend, indicates that his team of capitol hill handshakers is not doing a good enough job in, forget about televised vitriol for a second, closed-doors dealings. A group of professional politicians he is ultimately responsible for.

Let's not compare Barry-O to GWB (who most of us suspect was not the real power but rather a front for a bunch of seasoned old family friends and who probably remains ignorant about the fine details of what went on during his presidency), but rather, check his track record against the last democratic-party president before him. try to find commonalities and then it'll become obvious where, why and how much B.O. is a failed leader. If, as i contend, he really is.
    You're trying to say that the opposition in Bill Clinton's day was the same as in Obama's.
    No. That opposition, though rabid, was reasonable. There was no Tea Party. There were no "you lie(s)" shouted at him during his televised national address. There were no right wing radio stations spewing hatred and ignorance through the air, and there wasn't a fucked up economy shedding jobs in the hundreds of thousands every month, or two unpopular was/ occupations sucking at the teat of the economy.

Oh, and he wasn't black!

How many people on this planet actually care about someone's skin tone?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    There were no right wing radio stations spewing hatred and ignorance through the air
    I wouldn't say that. Clinton was impeached and was dragged through the mud for the scandal

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    You're trying to say that the opposition in Bill Clinton's day was the same as in Obama's.
    No. That opposition, though rabid, was reasonable. There was no Tea Party. There were no "you lie(s)" shouted at him during his televised national address. There were no right wing radio stations spewing hatred and ignorance through the air, and there wasn't a fucked up economy shedding jobs in the hundreds of thousands every month, or two unpopular was/ occupations sucking at the teat of the economy.
    Saying that it was reasonable is a stretch. Also, there were right wing radio shows spewing hatred and ignorance through the air. Rush Limbaugh was already syndicated all over the country before Clinton took office. I'm sure that there were others, though maybe not as high profile. Fox News started half way through his presidency.

It was actually pretty bad -- just not as bad as what Obama has had to deal with.