Page 1044 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 4454494499410341042104310441045104610541094114415442044 ... LastLast
Results 10,431 to 10,440 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Fun fact: I had a roommate for two months, while transitioning to Wisconsin, that was a Walker staffer. Dude drank the Kool Aid hard and loves the taste. We never really talked politics because I don't want to make living their awkward.

Oh good. Can't start a war with North Korea? Let's move to the Middle East.

https://splinternews.com/trumps-isra...-to-1821023333

On Tuesday, the White House appeared ready to proceed with its previously stated plan to move the embassy and declare Jerusalem to be Israel’s capital—something other administrations have talked about but have never acted upon. Why? Because the final status of Jerusalem—a city jointly claimed by both Israelis and Palestinians as their capital—has yet to be determined, pending some future peace agreement between the two sides. While Israelis might celebrate the move, Palestinians would surely see it as both a rejection of their claim to Jerusalem and an unmistakable confirmation that the United States was an egregiously biased mediator in the ongoing Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Well, all of that is happening now. In the Israeli-occupied West Bank, Palestinian political factions have unified ahead of a scheduled three “days of rage” protests.

“The Palestinian people know how to protect their rights,” Palestinian politician Jamal Mahisan told Israel’s Haaretz newspaper. “We are in consultations regarding [our moves] in the coming days.”

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, meanwhile, reportedly warned Trump that moving the embassy would have “dangerous consequences,” echoing the concerns of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, who predicted “possible dangerous repercussions.” Turkey, meanwhile, warned the decision represented a “red line” for Muslims.

But Arab and Muslim leaders aren’t the only ones warning that the Trump administrations plan could be disastrous for the already tense region. In a letter to Trump Middle East envoy Jason Greenblatt, 25 former Israeli Ambassadors, academics and other dignitaries also publicly denounced the move

Is there anything left that is un-apologetically stupid shit-disturbing for him to do? What's next, The White House announces it support of the slave trade in Lybia? Bring back segregated schools? Re-invade Vietnam?

War is good business... didn't you know?

Er oops. Idiot decision went through today, that was from yesterday. But yeah.

Also, he seemed to be drunk or heavily drugged during the speech.

https://splinternews.com/did-you-not...uri-1821055139

After declaring he would “acknowledge the obvious”—Jerusalem as the capital city of Israel—Trump closed the speech by saying: “Thank you, God bless you, God bless Israel, God bless the Palestinians, and God bless the United Shhhstates.”

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    yeah, lots of people commenting about his slurred speech on twitter....could be lots of causes, none of them healthy

He doesn't drink/do drugs I thought. Could be further psychological issues?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post

Carrie Fisher (RIP) was sure during one of the debates that he was on cocaine and that she was, sadly, an expert

Just heard a segment of this over NPR 'American leadership at brokering peace in the middle east has long been dead. Trump simply issued a death certificate.'

I wonder if they'll be able to find ambassadors willing to relocate to Jerusalem. Maybe hardcore Jews Christians... if I were an ambassador, I'm not even sure if I'd really want to work there... not unless God gave me very clear confirmations... like actually appearing in front of my face and spell out the words specifically.

Anyway, we just have to pretend that we're aliens from outer space sometimes. Trump is certainly very entertaining to watch from the outside..., but it sure is scary living in the same world with him...

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    But two Big Macs, two Filet O Fish and a large chocolate shake every day will take their toll on you.