Page 1050 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 50550950100010401048104910501051105210601100115015502050 ... LastLast
Results 10,491 to 10,500 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    I agree there's political polarization, and I wish I knew how to fix it.

The problem is, part of it comes from people making blanket (and frankly ridiculous) statements like "folks on the left may hate that he actually still attends church". That only exacerbates the problem. I have *NEVER* heard a single person say they wouldn't vote for someone because they attend church, yet now that's been stated as a commonplace thing. It's creating a division where there wasn't one before. I do think there are people voting for Roy Moore who are horrified about who he is but are swallowing that because they think it's worse to vote for a democrat. I don't think all conservatives feel that way. I think most probably don't feel that way. But we've got statements like that floating around that make it really hard to have an honest debate, and I'm really tired of that.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think there needs to be a much better separation of what is "news" and what is "news-based (and I use the term news here EXTREMELY loosely) commentary" and i also wish they weren't owned by big corporations.

A lot of the issues with polarization is because we have powerful forces trying to push false narratives for the past few decades, and causing people to basically become brainwashed because of it.

If I voted purely based on faith, I'd have no candidates to vote for in almost any election. So yeah, those on the left have no problem ignoring the religion of a candidate, as long as the policy is there.

The same can't be said for the right, though, imo.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I'm noticing a trend for the right-wingers as of late....they quite often play the school-yard "I know you are, but what am I" card. Every time someone states something factual against a right-wing politician, it's "Obama/Clinton/Schumer/Pelosi/insert dem name did _____" and it's usually not true. Instead of facing the idea that the person they are supporting did something wrong and COMPLETELY ignoring the idea that the person coming out with it could be someone who doesn't even support Obama/Clinton/Schumer/Pelosi/insert dem name.

That's the sick part is that they're SO CAUGHT UP in partisanship they can't even see past the idea that just saying the other side is just as bad only works if the person they're talking to is a die-hard Obama/Clinton/Schumer/Pelosi/insert dem name nut the same way they are for their politician.

I hate it when politicians do that shit, even when the left does it.

If you fuck up, own it. The whole "but officer, they were speeding too" thing is tiresome.

NY times is currently predicting a close victory to whoever the other guy is in Alabama

Yes, own it is a good start.

How did democrats lose control?

In order to regain control, DNC has to admit where/how they screw up and do better... rather than blaming GOP, deplorable voters, Billi, Russians, etc.

If DNC can combine moral reasoning along with emotional inspirations, surely the crazy GOP will be no match for that.

This Alabama race will be an indicator of which way the nation is heading..., hope those voters have more moral sense, but wouldn't be surprised to see another GOP win... sigh...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 12th, 2017 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    I'm a deist, have been since high school, so about 15 years now.

It's as far as science can take us and I'm not ruling out the existence of a possible god just for the sake of it. Basically, *something* created the matter for the Big Bang, everything else just happened without divine intervention.

To me.
    I'd say that sounds a bit like the "God of the Gaps"

Administrator
    Is there any part of this that you plan to own? Like, claiming that leftists won't vote for people who attend church?

Looks like decency has prevailed in Alabama

Can't wait for Trump's reaction