Page 1055 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 55555955100510451053105410551056105710651105115515552055 ... LastLast
Results 10,541 to 10,550 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Does this mean they'll set up a massive "war on climate change" bureaucracy akin to the "war on drugs" which hasn't helped anything?
    Something akin to Floridians shooting at hurricanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    You're allowing fear to drive you. Almost everyone loved Bernie one time or another, including you..., but you're just too afraid of Trump that you're willing to settle for status quo.

I ask you this... do black lives really matter more in blue states during Obama's reign? If you really believe black lives are doing wonderfully in blue states, I can understand why you want status quo. However, I really don't think that's the case.

Bernie could help, but I honestly do believe his campaign was sabotaged by the rich folks or whoever's holding political power at the time. Hillary also made no attempts at soothing the Bernie or bust voters. Better together? I honestly don't believe she knows how to work together. If you're not together with her, then she'll forget you.

I can't believe you guys are still blaming Bernie Sanders for Hillary's lost.
    Please, don't tell me what to feel. And just don't comment on Black Lives Matter; you've shown a complete misunderstanding, an opposite of understanding of it as it were, to say anything about it.

We're not blaming Bernie Sanders; we're blaming the idiots who said it was Bernie or Bust and voted for Bernie, Harambe, or Jill fucking Stein. They chose to assuage their feewings and not vote for the best candidate left in the race and we all ended up with the worst President in the history of America, and are now getting assailed with a GOP tax [strike]scam[/strike] policy that's been demonstrated to fail, free speech being curtailed (thank you net neutrality!) rights decimated, on the brink of nuclear war with North Korea, the climate is losing again (yay, we all perish!) healthcare is still up in the air, and unfit judges being seated on the bench for lifetime appointments. Hooray America.

Hillary wasn't the best candidate but she was the best of the two mainstream candidates most likely to win and Trump was literally the worst candidate ever. So yeah, thanks "independent voters." You really really showed them with your protest vote, but you actually fucking fucked us all. I hope you feel good about yourself. CHIP wasn't renewed, so a bunch of kids have no health insurance right now. YOU DID THAT. BE PROUD!

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    By the way, write-ins were identical. 22k in 2014, and 2017.
    Quoting, because I think some missed it. Also note, that as a percentage of overall votes, that's actually half as many write-ins.

ETA: and I missed a new page, but whatever.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Yo homies, I need a favor. We just passed a terrible law that puts our armed forces outside the direct control of our civilian authorities, It's widely seen as a political option in case the elections get out of hand (i.e. the status quo loses).

Can you all please hurry up with that Trump Impeachment/Arraignment? without the full support of the U.S., our dear leaders are less likely to go for the dictatorial option.

Thank you.
    acket.

Neanderthal, since we can't discuss in details because I'm just too stupid to understand, let's talk big picture.

Had the 'status quo' really been working or at least been good to most of the liberal base, Bernie Sanders would NOT be able to splinter the liberals and Trump wouldn't be able to win.

I think America's race issues are probably somewhat lessened over the years because we can see black leaders even on the GOP side. However, if you're poor, then the problem is probably worsened. Even if you're white, you'll be ignored. Of course if you're poor and black, than that's a double whammy!

Anyway, I suppose the main problem with political polarization is that voters are no longer voting for what they think is right, but they think the other folks are voting to fuck with them.

You can be sure that me voting for Stein is not a vote to fuck you. However, of course I know I can't tell you how to feel, but I'm not going to waste my vote in order to help you feel good. I have to feel good too. I just don't feel good voting for somebody I don't like. If everyone in America votes (write-in) accordingly, these 2 parties strangle hold on this nation would end... or they will at least feed us more decent candidates to vote on.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Bernie Sanders was able to splinter them a bit because Hillary had a LOT of baggage, plus being attacked non-stop for YEARS even dating back to when Bill was president.

Also, it's irrelevant because if our election system made any sense, Hillary would have been president...3 MILLION more votes is a LOT

The Democrats had the wrong candidate in Hillary. No doubt about it. I believe that if she had been elected, her administration would have been crippled by immediate and ongoing claims of corruption and scandals, special investigators being appointed, Senate hearings, and so forth.

We would still be much better off than we are today, but we might not realize it. I propose four or eight years of Hillary would only have brought about the election of someone like Trump down the road.

Maybe it's better to get a Trump administration over sooner than later, when looking at the long game.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    The Democrats had the wrong candidate in Hillary. No doubt about it. I believe that if she had been elected, her administration would have been crippled by immediate and ongoing claims of corruption and scandals, special investigators being appointed, Senate hearings, and so forth.
    Agreed and I mean that IF she was elected, but the dems couldn't fill the other seats. That's the other big problem the dems have is there seems to be no big push to fill all seats....they get the presidency but lost TONS and TONS of seats during the Obama administration.

People tried to blame Obama for that, for some reason, but again the GOP tapped in to people's fears and racism to get their lower tier candidates elected and the dems don't seem to know how to play hardball in politics. The GOP has the propaganda game FAR FAR better than the dems. I'm not saying the dems should use the same tactics, but do something.

Clearly the dems can't just lay back and let the GOP self destruct because there's enough of stupid people who fall for the radical bullshit they promote. In most civilized countries, the GOP tactics and stances would have led them to a small footnote of history, but here, they're making hay out of it.
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; December 15th, 2017 at 11:15 AM.

Agreed and I mean that IF she was elected, but the dems couldn't fill the other seats. That's the other big problem the dems have is there seems to be no big push to fill all seats....they get the presidency but lost TONS and TONS of seats during the Obama administration.

People tried to blame Obama for that, for some reason, but again the GOP tapped in to people's fears and racism to get their lower tier candidates elected and the dems don't seem to know how to play hardball in politics. The GOP has the propaganda game FAR FAR better than the dems. I'm not saying the dems should use the same tactics, but do something.

Clearly the dems can't just lay back and let the GOP self destruct because there's enough of stupid people who fall for the radical bullshit they promote. In most civilized countries, the GOP tactics and stances would have led them to a small footnote of history, but here, they're making hay out of it.
    The GOP are able to propagate their nonsense through the completely separate propaganda arms their puppeteers may or may not control; Faux News and and all the talk radio stations in the band.
    All this is aided by the declining standards of education in public schools (i'm not blaming teachers mind you, teachers do HEROIC work every day,) demolition of the fairness doctrine, monopolistic ownership of media, the ability to propagate that message through various "unaffiliated media" as a result, Citizens fucking United, etc etc etc. This is a death of a thousand cuts scenario where the first to warn us were mocked with various renditions of "oh, the sky is falling?"

We've been given little hints and tidbits of their aim over the years; to raid social security and medicare. This tax scam is a bold gambit, a daring brazen chess move so gauche it was previously unthinkable. No longer are they lurking in the shadows just beyond the light, they are coming straight for the front door. And they can do it because for decades now they've been priming the population with their "taxes are evil" spiel. Their "the government is too big" rhetoric. Their free market ideas. "They're coming to take your guns." And of course "they're attacking your freedom." So where government was once a civil and noble thing involved in the welfare of the people, its considered a pest and a hindrance, leeching off the people.

And when they succeed in wrenching our wealth from us we're going to sit in our homes watching reality tv because we've been programmed that civil disobedience is still disobedience. Because they created the crisis ("War On Drugs,") that preempted the "Law and Order," that fomented the disparate sentencing, that begat the school to prison pipeline, that unfairly targeted the black community, that declared Black Lives Matter, that disgusted the non blacks who saw them as criminals, hoodlums and thugs (remember the programming?) and their protests and mass movements as illegal and criminal. And they, upstanding law abiding citizens, could never engage in such. That's what them low class trash negros do. And we can't be like them.

Y'all be sleeping on the robber barons. But they've been pitting the poor working class white against black people since the days of slavery, and fleecing you and the country all the while.

Bernie Sanders was able to splinter them a bit because Hillary had a LOT of baggage, plus being attacked non-stop for YEARS even dating back to when Bill was president.

Also, it's irrelevant because if our election system made any sense, Hillary would have been president...3 MILLION more votes is a LOT
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post

We would still be much better off than we are today, but we might not realize it. I propose four or eight years of Hillary would only have brought about the election of someone like Trump down the road.

Maybe it's better to get a Trump administration over sooner than later, when looking at the long game.
    All the Hillary baggage was created and contrived and repeated and propagated and debated ad nauseum for 30 years.

Her emails revealed; nothing.
    Benghazi revealed; nothing.
    Clinton Foundation revealed; nothing.
    Every single instance and innuendo revealed; nothing.

But it was discussed, analysed, blown out of proportion, mischaracterised, denigrated, criminalised, repeated and adjudicated in the media so long that it ended up in the ephemera just long enough to be so tangible and so widely known that i can say "but her emails" and you know exactly who i'm talking about and what it pertains to, and how it's wrong, and how she wasn't punished, but most critically not anything of any real substance or criminality in said emails.
    Other than a pasta recipe from one of her aides.