Page 1076 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 76576976102610661074107510761077107810861126117615762076 ... LastLast
Results 10,751 to 10,760 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    I have a friend who refers to Sanders as "Magic Grandpa" given the sheer amount of faith his believers seem to have in him. Seems apropos.

BTW, I've said this before and I'll say it again - up until the election, Sanders was an independent. He just chose to run as a democrat and therefore abide by the process the democratic party goes through to pick its nominee. He could have run as an independent, and if he was anywhere near as popular as people claim, that would have been the smart move.

He also falsely believed nobody could win as 3rd party candidate.

Still, had he done it and end up losing to Trump, Neanderthal would probably kill him!

I really think he could've stolen a lot of angry white votes.

I still believe Sanders was robbed in the primary.

Liberals here in this forum for sure would pick him in a primary, however, in general elections liberals would probably still go for Hillary because they'd fear a trump win..., but combine with some angry white antiestablishment vote, 3rd party sander could still conceivably win. But guess we'll never know.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 20th, 2018 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I have a friend who refers to Sanders as "Magic Grandpa" given the sheer amount of faith his believers seem to have in him. Seems apropos.

BTW, I've said this before and I'll say it again - up until the election, Sanders was an independent. He just chose to run as a democrat and therefore abide by the process the democratic party goes through to pick its nominee. He could have run as an independent, and if he was anywhere near as popular as people claim, that would have been the smart move.
    Agreed. I would have preferred that he'd have stayed an independent. Too bad out crappy "one vote" system would probably have split the votes between him and Hillary, because people would be afraid he'd lose and not vote the way they actually want to.

Everyone has one vote is a problem? Are there other systems that allow multiple votes/person? Am I missing something?

Anyway, It is true that we need a system that encourages us to vote for who we want and not just vote for the opposite of somebody we hate.

Unsurprised that the Democrats blinked first. But hey, an open government.

Hearts & minds. #shrug

Sorry to disappoint you George, but it turns out the vast majority of my organization is exempt from furlough. I'm safe for now, the money could still run out if they don't keep extending the budget, but the coffers for my particular skill are a bit more full than other agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Unsurprised that the Democrats blinked first. But hey, an open government.
    Completely.
    On the other hand, CHIP is off the table so Feb 10 we will see what the Republicans try to dangle as a way to compromise. I am really really hoping that's where the Democrats stand firm on DACA, 100% united, 100% unwavering. That's not going to happen though. Spineless cunts.

It's a "bad win" in my opinion. There was no effort to work with the Democratic majority by the GOP during Obama's presidency (those two years! ACA passed because Repugnicans couldn't stop it.) and I had really hoped there'd be no quarter given by the Democrats. Especially given Merrick Garland.

On the other hand you and others keep a steady income.
    Last edited by neanderthal; January 22nd, 2018 at 06:07 PM.

Major win for Stephen Miller too.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Thought of the day:

If a tree falls in a forest and Trump doesn't blame someone else for it on twitter, is it fake news?