Page 1077 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 77577977102710671075107610771078107910871127117715772077 ... LastLast
Results 10,761 to 10,770 of 24776

Thread: Politics

So, now, now is when Bernie Sanders has decided to hold a roundtable/ townhall on medicare or all. Now.

This is why I say he is tone deaf.

There's 800000 people whose status is in limbo, but instead of addressing that, he's chosen now to lecture us on healthcare. Here's a hint Bernie;Trump won't sign it.

If he decided to hold his townhall and talk about Puerto Rico i'd be cheering. DACA. I'd be cheering. Fucking healthcare? I'm a big fan of universal healthcare, huge fan, yoooge in fact, but, ... seriously, we have bigger problems right now.

At the same time, the only way for the public mindshare to eventually demand it, is if someone like Sanders continues to talk about it. He doesn't have much standing on the other topics, let others discuss them.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    So, now, now is when Bernie Sanders has decided to hold a roundtable/ townhall on medicare or all. Now.

This is why I say he is tone deaf.

There's 800000 people whose status is in limbo, but instead of addressing that, he's chosen now to lecture us on healthcare. Here's a hint Bernie;Trump won't sign it.

If he decided to hold his townhall and talk about Puerto Rico i'd be cheering. DACA. I'd be cheering. Fucking healthcare? I'm a big fan of universal healthcare, huge fan, yoooge in fact, but, ... seriously, we have bigger problems right now.
    Sure, this is his first online town hall. But, he's been talking about it since at least the 90s.
    Of course Trump won't sign it. But, things don't happen by the President making it so. It happens by changing public opinion and slowly moving in the right direction.

He has also been talking about PR more than most other senators, and even presented a plan to help them.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    ... seriously, we have bigger problems right now.
    Seriously, we have bigger politicians to fry than Bernie Sanders.

I'd agree with you that the guy is probably tone deaf to other folks. The dude continues on preaching on the same message of narrowing the gap between rich and poor since the very beginning of his career. The problem is probably gazillion times worse now... and he's still at it.

Most non-tone deaf folks probably would've given up by now... by either the sound of money or of hopelessness...

The dude has integrity. That's why the Bernie-or-busters love him.

Conservative politicians hide their BS behind Jesus Christ. As if pretending to be a Godly Christian man make you well suited for the job.
    Liberal politicians hide their BS behind political correctness. As if pretending to supporting gay, minority, illegal immigrant rights or whatever cool at the moment make you well suited for the job.

Don't get me wrong, Liberals are still by far way better than Conservatives. Obama is way better than W and probably most other republican presidents! However, even Obama has integrity issues. From the beginning as a Jr Senator who claimed that he's not going to run for president... to the eventual record holder of withholding FOIA requests and surveillance crap. So I don't fully trust what Obama would do behind closed doors... and I trust Hillary even less... naturally I trust Trump the least. That's why I voted for neither.

You can settle for the lesser of 2 evil to try to avoid Trump. That's fine. It's your vote.

I'd continue my tone deaf kinda vote.

Seriously, 800,000 people whose status is in limbo is a more important issue than the health of hundreds of million of Americans? Must we fight so hard for dreamers to the extent of shutting down government? I'm glad the democratic senators blinked 1st rather than continue to hold the nation hostage like that.

I'm sick of these ideological fights.

Bernie Sanders don't play that. He's more focused on actually solving fucking problems for average Americans.

I do hope dreamers can eventually become Americans too rather than be deported. However, I also have no problems putting Americans 1st. We have to set our priorities straight.

I gotta feed my family 1st before I feed the poor.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 24th, 2018 at 09:55 AM.

New Report Says Dutch Have Absolute Proof Russia Was Behind 2016 Election Hacking

Original Dutch article.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddit
    The Dutch hacked into the security system and network of a known hacker group in Russia.

They had full access to the security cameras of the facility, as well as the computer activities of those inside. The cameras showed Russian government intelligence officials regularly visiting the facility. From the computer activity they monitored, the Dutch were able to predict attacks, and in some cases warn us about them ahead of time.

One of the attacks the Dutch witnessed was the Russian government operation to hack into the Democratic Party computer systems and compromise their data.

This was a Russian government operation. There is proof. Fucking video proof. And Donald Trump was the benefactor.

Why is this absolute proof only surfacing now?

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Because they have obviously something to gain, duh!

Never played the MacVentures?
    acket.

Administrator
    Andrew McCabe has reportedly resigned as deputy director of the FBI. Earlier than expected, as he said he planned to retire in the spring. Not sure what it means, but it does free him up to be a witness in any obstruction of justice hearing.

Huh.

Well this seems appropriately political: