Page 1093 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 93593993104310831091109210931094109511031143119315932093 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,930 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The question becomes whether you allow that and spend taxpayer money to support those people or you demand personal responsibility and feel that it's unfair that you have to pay so someone else can do nothing.
    I think you're out of the loop.
    That question is already a history.

Today's question is what to do with those who have nothing to do.
    Some of us are going to be around for quite some time.

I've been fiddling these things since eighties and during this time things have changed quite a bit and practically without any real AI.
    One major thing being a shift from centralised to distributed (clercs to customers) data collection.
    Like few decades ago I had to personally visit practically every place to get any non mundane thing forward.

Now we are seeing the beginning of the next step as artificial speak.
    It's still quite clumsy but AI is learning fast.
    Machine delivered food is also knocking.

Robots repairing robots is still quite far but much closer than many think.
    Oldest to die around now were already adults before WWII so nowadays world will really change in a life time.

I think first world migration to countryside is closer to decades than generations ahead.
    My guess is that VR will really remove the need to be present and machines are not needed to be supervised.

One question though, are people going to vote against technology.

Administrator
    I thought it was reasonably obvious that I was saying that as "the question that separates the two parties on this subject", but I guess not.

Billis inconsistency in his debate structure and inability to remember his own points/ stance/ positions reminds me a lot of the bots on twitter.

I'm revelling in my ignoring him again. Good courage to you Swervo.

I really think my supposed inconsistencies were caused by you guys reading between the lines too much. If you guys just can't read my text for what it is, yes, please do ignore.

Regarding mk's question, of course there will be folks voting against technology just as folks voting against globalization now. However, what is inevitable will prevail. UBI will also likely become an inevitability. So the quest will become how will most humans find meaning in their seemingly 'useless' existence... we need to stop defining ourselves by what we do for a living.

Swervo, in case you can still see this, you really need to try to stop breaking down problems as if the world can only have 2 party solutions...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 10th, 2018 at 08:30 AM.

Administrator
    Can I get an example of doing that? Personally, I think the concept of "figure out what policies you think are correct and then vote for the person that will enact those policies" sounds unlike that, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; February 10th, 2018 at 08:48 AM.

Let's stick with regulations as example. We all know dems want more and reps want less.

Common sense tells us we can't have too much overbearing regulations nor should we trust giant corporations to always do the right thing by deregulation. Both parties will push the nation off of different cliffs. Only by truly working together can we get it right. Sticking with the approach of either what would democrats do or what would republicans do can only end badly.

Assuming Bernie isn't full of shit like Neanderthal claims, I believe he has the common sense and integrity to actually do what Jesus would do, even if he's an atheist. Put in other words, I believe he'll do the right things and not get too involved with partisan politics.

I believe he's a real problem solver. It's not just specific policies he's advocating which caused me to like him.

Just like who gives a fuck if Wells Fargo is pro-gay rights. Who cares if a store builds bunch of transgender bathrooms? Doesn't mean they won't fuck people in other ways. Similarly, just because somebody is a Christian, doesn't mean I should trust him to lead a nation or babysit my kid.

I'd rather vote for the better candidate rather than sticking with bs politicians sticking with their bs policies as if their party is the only God and other parties are all deplorable satans..

Administrator
    That's all well and good, but should I take that as you don't have an example of me doing that?

That's all well and good, but should I take that as you don't have an example of me doing that?
    Keep asking him.

I axed him the same damn question over and over and over again before the elections and he kept dodging it. I musta asked him thirty or more times. I'm sure your remember.
    And he really does do the thing where he puts words in your mouth but says you're the one doing so. It's like his go to debate pattern.

Give us examples billi. Where did Swervo insinuate there is only a binary (political) solution for anything? Coz that's what you just said he did.
    I guess i'm not doing the ignore billi thing very well.

I thought it was reasonably obvious that I was saying that as "the question that separates the two parties on this subject", but I guess not.
    I thought it was obvious to you that's what you were doing. Guess not.

Responding to my commentary as if I'm bent on deregulating corporate America is another recent example. As if there are only 2 ways of doing things. Liberal or conservative. Why can't we take up personal responsibility to self regulate? Don't do unethical shit that bosses force on us? Encourage folks to be brave is promoting deregulation? Where did you get that if you're not stuck in the binary liberal or conservative mindset?

Anyway, if I'm just not understanding what you were asking, it'd be nice if you can clarify further... I realize sometimes I do have comprehension issues too...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 10th, 2018 at 07:34 PM.

Administrator
    I realize this may be the language barrier thing you're talking about, but I legitimately do not know how to parse that first sentence. I mean...yeah, it's obvious to me that I'm doing what I'm doing. I think you can say that about almost any person at almost any time, barring something like dementia or an altered mental state. I, as a general rule, am aware of what I'm doing and it's obvious to me that I'm doing it.

I responded to your commentary that way because you claimed that he wasn't making much sense and that he was "bitching and whining." Not that the employer had done anything wrong, but that it was his fault, and presumably also his co-workers' faults as well that were going through the same thing. Not that something should be done to protect workers' rights, but that it's his fault for not finding something else. My point then is that Bernie's response would generally be one on the side of workers' rights, that we need to protect the American worker and crack down on corporations. Also that some employees, possibly including the one in question, might not have any other real options, as I attempted to relate with my wife's situation.

Yes. He could find another job. But I'll remind you of your words. You said that he wasn't making much sense. You claimed he was "bitching and whining." That he didn't make good life choices. It was his fault.

I don't think you're "bent on deregulating", and I'll ask you where I said that. I do think that your stance on it is markedly different than Bernie Sanders' viewpoint on that, which was my point. Your stance on actual issues (when we can get you to actually give a stance rather than just dance around it with vague terms) has lately been not-aligned with Sanders, which made me wonder why you so vociferously support him. Even your answer about that basically came down to "I trust that he'll do things the way I want", even when doing so would go against his stated platform from his own campaign. I can't say that that's wrong or that you can't do that, you can do what you want. I just don't personally understand it.

If it means anything, on one hand I thought your viewpoint was more like Paul Ryan's, on another it was more like Rand Paul's, so I'm at least at 3 ways of doing things. So there.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; February 10th, 2018 at 07:57 PM.