Page 1097 of 2479 FirstFirst ... 97597997104710871095109610971098109911071147119715972097 ... LastLast
Results 10,961 to 10,970 of 24783

Thread: Politics

Great. So we know Russians meddled, but can't prove Trump colluded?

Guess we'll still be stuck with Trump for now?

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    This is in the indictment:
    That's Borat-level territory.

It's interesting investigation also revealed Russians helped Sanders and stein, why didn't they help Johnson?

It does make one wonder whether Sanders campaign was really as on fire as originally thought... was it really artificially created by the Russians?

Still, Russian tactic seemed pretty lame. Sanders lost the primary and stein finished behind Johnson.

Trump only won thanks to our own FBI director fucking with Hillary days before election.

What a mess. Anyway, looks like at least 4 more years of trump.

What, that's it?

At least we proved Russians meddling isn't fake news, just not very newsworthy... so I guess it's not a complete waste of taxpayer money.

Anyway, I still think the biggest meddler of them all was the FBI.

Hope they can come up with solutions to prevent meddling in future elections...

I think at the very minimum, candidates should not be allowed to run if currently under investigations or have pending law suits. This way we could've avoided both Hillary and Trump altogether.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    What, that's it?
    Assuming you're referring to the indictments, it's likely not. As far as I'm aware, the investigation is continuing (heck, they even just made it public that there's another person cooperating after copping a plea deal), this is just the round of indictments that they decided to make at this time for whatever reason. That said, it's also possible that this is it and the investigation is done, but I think that's unlikely. My guess is that it's done to apply pressure in the hopes that more people end up cooperating in exchange for leniency, but so far Mueller's played pretty much everything really close to his chest, so who knows.

Hope you're right because otherwise it's very disappointing...

Administrator
    As is, Rosenstein seemed very careful to keep saying "this indictment" when saying things about the case.

And further indictments could still include charges of collusion against people close to Trump, if not Trump himself?

Administrator
    That's the thing. Mueller has played everything very close to his chest and only released info presumably when he thinks it's advantageous to do so. So yeah, it could, but it also might not. What seems reasonable to assume is that whatever he issues an indictment for will be as meticulously documented, as that appears to be his style. Otherwise, I assume that if he doesn't find ironclad evidence of collusion, he won't indict based on that.

Despite what dear leader says, everything in this guy's past and the way people talk about him make him sound like a solid investigator and not someone to put forth charges on spurious evidence. I assume we won't hear anything until the very end of the investigation except for anything that he thinks might be advantageous to let out to try to get closer to the truth. Until the day he says the investigation is over, any talk of any sort of vindication is premature.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; February 17th, 2018 at 08:17 PM.