Page 11 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    I would also say that the American left's extremist elements get ignored by the mainstream left.

In spite of right wing hyperbole up the contrary, no Democrats think that communism is a workable ideal. Meanwhile, Tea Party types think that pure libertarianism is actually plausible.
    Yep, it's the difference between mainstream and desperation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    I would also say that the American left's extremist elements get ignored by the mainstream left.

In spite of right wing hyperbole up the contrary, no Democrats think that communism is a workable ideal. Meanwhile, Tea Party types think that pure libertarianism is actually plausible.
    For those who believe there is no difference between the parties, there is that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    FWIW, I see both sides not be able to recognize satire and pass it around as reality, need I remind people that the article on the Onion about the "Abortionplex" actually got legs and started making the rounds for a bit? It's stupid no matter who does it, though it is generally a sign of good satire if it can get so many people to believe it's true.
    Just because "the other side" does something dickish, doesn't give one a free pass. Liberals constantly complain about the dishonesty of American conservatives, and then turn around and do the same shit. It's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Liberals constantly complain about the dishonesty of American conservatives, and then turn around and do the same shit. It's frustrating.
    In the Game of Politics, you win or you settle for a moderately large salary and a comfortable lifestyle that's still better than your constituents. I can see why they're under a lot of pressure.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Republicans making fake websites featuring their opponents now:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ers/?hpt=hp_t1

In other news, a Republican lawmaker in Oklahoma is trying to ban marriage....entirely

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...m-crow-tactic/

Isn't banning marriage altogether even MORE unbiblical than allowing gay marriage?

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Isn't banning marriage altogether even MORE unbiblical than allowing gay marriage?
    Actually Bible never said that God said that Thou, or we all, shall get married! Plus, in heaven, there'll be no more marriages. So it's kinda sad that we're making such a huge deal about this.

Banning marriage isn't more or less biblical, it's just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by overpowered View Post
    This is actually a very clever strategy! Reverse psychology just might work!