Page 1120 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1206201020107011101118111911201121112211301170122016202120 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,200 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Speaking of: https://twitter.com/michelleisawolf/...10206425042946

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Wolf
    Why are you guys making this about Sarah’s looks? I said she burns facts and uses the ash to create a *perfect* smoky eye. I complimented her eye makeup and her ingenuity of materials.

I know some people that thought she said "burns fat", but it's pretty clear she said facts. Especially days later with video of it.

It would seem there could be a difference between volunteering to be the object of a Celebrity Roast, and being the apparent object of an unofficial roast, for which you never volunteered, in a context where such a roast was never formally declared.

The most damning and dirtiest thing she said that night was probably her closing comment about Flint's dirty water.

Yeah, blame that on Trump and the worst congress ever that poor black community can only have poisoned water for years and years with no end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    After I'd heard Michelle Wolf had made fun of SHS appearance, I read the transcript of her routine and couldn't figure out what they were talking about. I definitely didn't think it was the "smoky eye" bit, as the whole point of that joke wasn't that smoky eyes were bad or that she looked bad, it was that she lies a lot. I'm unclear on how anybody could interpret that joke that way.
    She was being compared to a character in The Handmaid's Tale that is apparently both unsightly and boorish.

I took that part entirely as a comment on her actions, and their roles in the show/administration, not at all her looks, but I haven't see the show.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Seriously, who gives a fuck? She's a comedian, big shocker.

Don't want shit like this to happen, don't have comedians "host".

People are blowing this shit way out of proportion. If the organizers were in any way competent, they'd have never invited her.

I agree with most making the statement that it should be about the actual journalists that put their lives in danger (and/or DIE) to bring true news to the world. The press secretary does not qualify in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    After I'd heard Michelle Wolf had made fun of SHS appearance, I read the transcript of her routine and couldn't figure out what they were talking about. I definitely didn't think it was the "smoky eye" bit, as the whole point of that joke wasn't that smoky eyes were bad or that she looked bad, it was that she lies a lot. I'm unclear on how anybody could interpret that joke that way.
    Right?

But the consistent and insistent response that her looks were under fire is what leads me to think there is a master propagandist in the background. They *all* said the same thing; she was mean/ crossed the line, she criticised SHS looks.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    She was being compared to a character in The Handmaid's Tale that is apparently both unsightly and boorish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    I took that part entirely as a comment on her actions, and their roles in the show/administration, not at all her looks, but I haven't see the show.
    Me too.
    That character is also a person who does everything her bosses tell her to do, including swaying public opinion.

Specifically, Wolf compared Sanders to character Aunt Lydia, played by Ann Dowd. Several commenters are quick to jump to conclusions this was a direct appearance-driven comparison, but is mostly not the case. After all, Aunt Lydia does her job- shows up everyday, repeats the things her bosses have told her to, and does her best to sway and paint public opinion on every single subject.
    Last edited by neanderthal; May 1st, 2018 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    The most damning and dirtiest thing she said that night was probably her closing comment about Flint's dirty water.

Yeah, blame that on Trump and the worst congress ever that poor black community can only have poisoned water for years and years with no end in sight.
    Why do I click on "view text?"

Republicans control the White House, the Senate, and Congress.

Flint is completely in their purview to fix. That you don't seem to understand this is troubling, but not surprising really.

By the way, Puerto Rico is completely in their purview too.