Page 1121 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 1216211021107111111119112011211122112311311171122116212121 ... LastLast
Results 11,201 to 11,210 of 24770

Thread: Politics

Yeah, it's easy to shift the blame to the opposition, but I just think there's a bipartisan or perhaps even popular support to ignore the poor.

We get more outraged at stores for not having enough transgender bathrooms or scold racist starbucks for not allowing black non-patrons for using their bathrooms...

I dunno, maybe it is better to rewrite stories of how neo-nazi white nationalists are trying to poison black people in Flint in order to get more attention. Likewise, report that there aren't enough functioning transgender bathrooms in Puerto Rico perhaps will do the trick.

Administrator
    Well, like climate change, long-term, slow moving problems tend to be less noticeable than immediate, quick ones. It's easy to notice that transgender people can't use the bathroom associated with their gender, and it's easy to figure out the solution to that. It's easy to notice a bunch of neo-nazis, and it's easy to know that the solution is to tell them to fuck off (1981 DK et. al.). It's harder to see the disenfranchisement of poor people until it's so bad that it's a lot more difficult of a problem to figure out. It's harder to see change in the climate until we're so entrenched in our current energy structure that it's difficult to divorce oneself from it.

That said, I don't think it's universal that people want to ignore the poor. I think Prop H and Prop HHH out here in Los Angeles showed that there is popular support to try to help, it's just that none of us feel qualified or that we have the resources individually to make a dent in what's become such a massive problem. On the other side, every time the city/county propose a place to build housing for the homeless, everyone who lives nearby loses their shit and demands it not be built, so you may still be right that it's popular to ignore the poor.

I'm sure it's not a conscious 'popular trend' to ignore the poor, but it's just something easy to dismiss for most I guess.

Yeah, speaking of homeless shelters, when it moves closer to your neighborhood, people all of a sudden become more 'conservative' and NIMBYish. But considering we have sky high property values, can we really blame our neighbors? Plus, there's no guarantee homeless will actually move in to these shelters... could end up a waste of tax dollars. I don't really trust our politicians know what they're doing.

We 'liberal' Californians, or maybe politicians, do tend to help the poor a bit too much with our tax dollars which end up enabling the poor to stay poor... or perhaps encourage folks to just pretend to be poor. CA spent the most on the poor and, after adjusting to standard of living, we are also the poverty capitol of the USA.

These extreme political and economical polarizations will eventually cause us to collapse if not fixed or stabilized soon. CA can't be blamed for lack of trying, but it does seem that we're making it worse for whatever reasons...

I think instead of labeling which party a politician is, we probably need to have labels that more appropriately show whether or not politicians are competent for the job! Competency and trustworthiness over political ideology should the the litmus test! If we do that, we wouldn't have Trump nor Hillary as candidates.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 2nd, 2018 at 09:28 AM.

Ran across this interesting video:

Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness.

We all really need to learn to NOT look down at our political oppositions in order to get things to work. Should we degenerate further or is it time for us to depolarize ourselves a bit?

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    screw your liberal stuff, I'm a progressive

Whatever you are isn't relevant, what's important is that we don't automatically see people we disagree with as somebody beneath us.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    What really fucks me off now, this Blankenship piece of shit in WV. HE SERVED TIME IN PRISON, is a convicted felon, and yet, can run for office. All the while, convicted felons can't even vote. Double standard much?

Right from his Wiki page: "Donald Leon Blankenship is an American politician, former business executive, convicted criminal and candidate for the United States Senate from West Virginia"

China People. Fuck this guy. In all honesty, I'm surprised DJT isn't rallying for him. He went all in on Roy Moore.

What do you mean by China people?

drew, why do you hate democracy?

I just need to know why he wants somebody like me to fuck that guy. Is he good looking?