Page 1129 of 2477 FirstFirst ... 1296291029107911191127112811291130113111391179122916292129 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,290 of 24769

Thread: Politics

No, it's not all on the left. Both right and left are pushing each other further apart.

We have a nazi tribe and a Marxist tribe in America and both are growing in membership. Its like, because they're commies, so I can be a nazi! Or because their Nazis, that justify me becoming Marxist...

Weinstein company deserves to be torn down, but I still cannot believe a comedian joking around with colleagues prior to becoming a senator can have his senate career destroyed without due process.

This is not going to help women's cause of equal work equal pay. Men will simply to too scared to hire women in the future. But of course no one politically correct will actual say it. We'll see how the blue states will fix the gender pay gap in the future.

Administrator
    You can certainly argue that what Franken did was not worthy of forcing him to step down. What isn't is that "losing a senate seat" should not be part of that argument. Like "this person did something bad, but then we'll lose a senate seat, so we can't do anything about it."

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Don't you mean centuries?
    Yeah, but I didn't want to overwhelm him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    You can certainly argue that what Franken did was not worthy of forcing him to step down. What isn't is that "losing a senate seat" should not be part of that argument. Like "this person did something bad, but then we'll lose a senate seat, so we can't do anything about it."
    Why is losing the senate seat the ONLY way to do something about it?

Do you think it's fair for my boss to ask me to resign or just out right fire me as an engineer when somebody shows my boss a picture of me fooling around pretending to grab somebody's tits? Of course if the picture shows boss's wife or daughter, then I'm sure I'll be screwed..., but let's be objective here.

Let's say you're my boss and you see me instead of Al on that photo. Would you fire me as an engineer even after I apologized?

Lastly, sexual assaults and rapes have happened for a long long time, it's not like I'm clueless about them. However, you can't blame ALL men for them. Not all men rape women. Not even majority of men rape women. Also, not all rape victims are women. It won't do us any good to pit men against women like that. As if all men are bad horny rapists. You guys can get offended when Trump claimed Mexicans are rapists, but you have no problem believing that men, like yourselves, have been sexually assaulting women for centuries?

Of course this kind of poor behavior needs to stop, but I just think we are currently over doing it.

Back to Swervo, if I were Al the engineer, would you fire me boss?

If I were Harvey the engineer, sure, you ought to report me to the police too, not just fire me...

[edit]Okay, I reread Tom's post again... Swervo's only claiming men in power have been assaulting women for decades... so never mind about Al the engineer. Since he has little power, we don't care about him sexually assaulting coworkers as much.

But even with the group 'men in power'... I'm sure not ALL sexually assaulted folks.
    Trying to topple all of them down whenever you get a chance is just like how the commie nations tried to topple all of the evil rich productive people. They won't stop until everybody else is as poor as them. True equality there.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 31st, 2018 at 10:20 AM.

Congrats billi.

You've gone from making a feckless argument about how the left are becoming moral nazis, while conveniently excusing and completely ignoring the OVERT (that means obvious, opposite of subtle!) racism, sexism, Islamophobia, transphobia, egregious aporophobia (look it up!) and so on, nevermind the corruption, nepotism chicanery, larceny, etc of this regime, and gone to making a "not all" argument about rape.

You're quite a body of work.

I'm not excusing what's going on on the right.

Both left and right are going off the deep end IMHO.

General consensus seems to be, how can you blame us? Look at the other side!!! They are more fucked up than us! They need to fix themselves 1st...

All the while both sides continue to rot to the core... the right is not full blown nazi yet and the left isn't complete commies yet, but both continue to make progress in their respective directions. Scary.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 31st, 2018 at 11:40 AM.

Administrator
    Billi, I'm going to explain this again. But only once.

I don't necessarily agree that Franken should have lost his seat. I'd personally prefer he didn't, but not traditionally having been the recipient of sexual harassment, I don't know that it's my place to choose that. I didn't say that's the only way it should be solved (though if you figure you've got only 100 people out of the entire country in the senate, ideally you can find 100 competent lawmakers that haven't done questionable things and still be in pretty good shape).

I said that the fact that he was a senator and that the "left" would "lose a senate seat" is a really shitty argument for why not to do something. If there's a problem, saying "oh, but the consequences would be too bothersome" is the very crux of the problem: Power allows people to do bad things to people with less power and get away with it. I'd say that argument was about as good as "But there are a lot of really great Weinstein movies!"

Com'on, situation between Harvey and Al is way too different. For one, Al didn't abuse his power as a senator to grab titties, but Harvey clearly did.

Punishment must fit the crime. We can't deliver the same sentences without regarding what really happened. It's the lack of due process and 'equal' punishment regardless of what happened that bothered me.

Take Bill Clinton and Monica for example. Back then, for sure Monica got the short end of the stick..., but imagine that taking place now... surely Bill Clinton would be crucified...., not just by Ken Starr on the right, but by the #me too movement from the left! I guess the silverlining would be saving Ken some trouble and millions of taxpayers money.

Anyway, do you see what I'm trying to say here? Understand my concern that I think these movements are pushing way to hard? Rather than a force that fights oppression, it's beginning to look oppressive.

Administrator
    I give up. It's clear you're not reading anything I'm writing.

You don't like the argument of losing a senate seat, so I dropped it and made a different argument.

Do you see what I'm trying to express here?

Do you still believe #me too movement is perfectly fine?

Let's go back to Rosanne. Do you really believe she is a deplorable and made an unforgivable sin with her racist rants?

She was apologetic initially, but the left doesn't care and don't want her back.

Now she's embolden by the support on the right.

The divide grows wider.

In order for America to be truly great again, right and left need to find a way to make up because we're definitely better together.

Human brain is either created or evolved into 2 hemispheres... one on the right and the other on the left. Yes, they function vastly differently as well and often at odds with each other. However, they both still work together to help us make the best decisions. Our nation needs to do the same.