Page 1183 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 1836831083113311731181118211831184118511931233128316832183 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,830 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    now Trump is just completely denying the PR death toll actually happened and that it's a Democratic plot against him, despite an independent investigation and even cronies like Paul Ryan and Rick Scott are saying the numbers are accurate.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Feds holding 12,800 migrant children in detention centers, report says

The number of migrant children being detained by the government has reached its highest level ever, according to a report by The New York Times.

The increase is not due to an influx of more migrant children, but rather because fewer children are being released into the custody of sponsors. Unaccompanied children have traditionally been placed with sponsors such as parents or extended family members upon entering the U.S.

Many would-be sponsors are undocumented themselves, and therefore are reluctant to be fingerprinted and risk deportation.

Detention facilities such as the one in Tornillo, Texas, are exempt from child welfare inspections that are required at similar facilities. On Tuesday, the Trump administration announced that it would triple the size of the "Tent City" in Tornillo so that it could house around 3,800 children.
    acket.

This is GOLD

So Brett Kavanaugh who's up for SCOTUS was just accused of sexual misconduct from a woman he knew during high school, this info was released about a day ago to the public.

SOMEHOW, the Senate Judiciary JUST found 65 women to vouch for his "integrity" during high school. Kavanaugh went to an all-boys catholic school. How would he even know 65 women???

https://twitter.com/senjudiciary/sta...15293620572161
    Last edited by MR2 Fan; September 14th, 2018 at 11:38 AM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Now that Manafort has agreed to cooperate with federal investigators and Mueller has referred parts of his inquiry on unregistered foreign agents to prosecutors in New York State it looks like the investigation on Russian interference has crossed party lines.

Which is good, the old cop has conducted a thorough investigation. American Institutions 1 - American Corruption 0.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    This is GOLD

So Brett Kavanaugh who's up for SCOTUS was just accused of sexual misconduct from a woman he knew during high school, this info was released about a day ago to the public.

SOMEHOW, the Senate Judiciary JUST found 65 women to vouch for his "integrity" during high school. Kavanaugh went to an all-boys catholic school. How would he even know 65 women???

https://twitter.com/senjudiciary/sta...15293620572161
    So there were at least 66 girls in this all boy school?

Let’s just assume Prof. Ford’s accusation is 100% true, this drunken kid really attempted to rape her, and would’ve been successful if he weren’t that drunk!

Should this incident alone be enough to disqualify a life time of work?

While she should be applauded for her bravery for stepping forward, but I still think me too movement is going a bit too far.

Young, drunk boys tend to have impaired judgment. If there’s a history of similar patterns, then of course we cannot confirm such person, but to go after famous folks for some misdeeds done so long ago and under the influence at such a young age just don’t seem right to me.

Of course if Brett did that to my daughter, hopefully the me too movement would’ve taught my daughter to speak up right away so that I can go kick his ass right there and then and not wait til the day he’s getting ready to be confirmed...

Administrator
    Right now, there are 9 seats in the supreme court. I have full faith that, out of the ~325 million people who live in the United States, we can find 9 that are qualified for the Supreme Court that haven't tried to rape anybody. It doesn't seem like that high of a bar for a lifetime appointment, I'm willing to bet there are hundreds of qualified people who haven't done that. Gorsuch comes to mind...

Let's not forget it's also possible for the me too movement to falsely accuse somebody.

Out of the hundreds of qualified people, it's possible that the opposing party could always come up with some kind of accuser to smear these candidates they don't like. Thus paralyzing the political process.

Why don't you just confirm or not confirm somebody based on merit/qualification only? As long as a person isn't a convicted sexual predator, can we presume that this qualified person is innocent?

I don't care for Brett that much... ,I've heard good stories, but I just don't quite like his face for some reason. Personal emotions aside, the entire confirmation hearing/process is a complete partisan joke. Not much discussions or questions were really about his past work and character..., but to either quickly rush thru it... or quickly dump as much dirt on him as one can find...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 17th, 2018 at 01:40 PM.

The accuser came forward in June, not this week, just FYI

So it's okay for a drunken sexual predator to be a judge for his entire career, just not supreme court judge? Why is the bar so high all of a sudden... and why was the bar so low for non-supreme court judges?

Anyway, not trying to take sides here, just wondering where should we draw the line. June is okay, but clearly July would be too close, right?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; September 17th, 2018 at 01:44 PM.