Page 1192 of 1819 FirstFirst ... 192692109211421182119011911192119311941202124212921692 ... LastLast
Results 11,911 to 11,920 of 18183

Thread: Politics

Ok, cool. So we can now safely agree to disagree without you also desiring to fuck my special asshole I hope.

We were so close to a normal, human interaction. So....so close.

I donít think Normality is my username.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    In other news, since my apartment was getting fumigated for termites, I stayed with my parents for a few nights...and realized more now than previously that he's the left-wing version of a Fox News watcher. He watches MSNBC for like 6 hours a day at least.

Luckily it's not Fox news, but I can definitely see how people can get swayed by the constant propaganda day in and day out when they're retired and have nothing better to do. MSNBC isn't propaganda like Fox News is, but it's still non-stop opinion and in this era, the anti-president network.

Perhaps there should be a push for people to get their parents to do other things than watching that so many hours a day.
    I saw a post on twitter (I think) where someone was at their parents, and they put the child lock on Fox News, and their parents couldn't figure out how to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    I saw a post on twitter (I think) where someone was at their parents, and they put the child lock on Fox News, and their parents couldn't figure out how to watch it.
    I must do this everywhere. Except I don't have Fox News watching relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Okay, I think we can all agree that any form of sexual harassment/assault is not okay. Even for non-sexual stuffs like bullying, clearly we don’t want these things to happen and can agree that they are not good. They may not be clearly illegal, but most do agree some sort of punishment is necessary, right? Right, me too!

However, I want to see punishments that fit the crime.

Even assuming all he saids are wrong and all she saids are true, Franken’s punishment(aborting senate career because of past indiscretion as a comedian), really fits the crime?
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    If only we had a confidential closed door session, it'd would've made it easy for him to withdraw with these allegations... at this point, #MeToo has already destroyed his good name, based on all past experiences..., if you show just a hint of remorse or guilt, not only won't you get nominated, your whole career will be finished anyway. So, might as well just press on forward. Even if he fucking raped her, he has to insist that his innocent. He has nothing left to lose at this point. If you have to choose between possibly becoming the next supreme court justice vs surely becoming the next Weinstein or Al Franken, which would you choose? #MeToo movement has left men with no honorable way out. Once accused, you're as good as dead.

Unfortunately republicans want to rush this thru and democrats want to stop him at all cost.

Like I said, we really need a super majority to confirm supreme court justices... then the senate won't have to worry about this upcoming midterm election so they can select the proper candidate while taking their sweet time. This current political circus is a joke.

No supreme court justice should be confirmed by a single party. If this candidate cannot gain bipartisan support, he's unfit to be a supreme court justice.

If our politicians/American people cannot figure out how to work together, if even judges are so far polarized, just shut down the supreme court and let this nation die.
    Classic billi, talking out of both sides of his mouth.

You're trash for even thinking ... uh, forget it. It's not worth my time or effort.

I honestly have no idea whatís your beef with me with the bolded part of my words.

Iíd be happy to clarify myself if you can elaborate some more now that Iím done explaining to Swervo.

If you couldnít care less what I really meant, then yeah, forget about it.

I think; therefore, I am. I also couldnít care less if you think Iím trash... whatís more important is that I donít think and live my life as a piece of trash.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    #MeToo movement has left men with no honorable way out. Once accused, you're as good as dead.
    Again, you're blaming the victim for the rapist's pathetic suffering.

The honorable way out is to not assault women.

The honorable way out is to admit to it when you're accused and not feed your ego to try and stick it out.

You're as good as dead as soon as you do the misdeed, not when you're finally accused.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Ask me about my bottom br
    GOP-hired prosecutor, Rachell Mitchell has issued a memo where she informs the senators that Dr. Ford “has not offered a consistent account of when the alleged assault happened,” has “struggled” to identify Kavanaugh by name, and has “no memory of key details”.

It made me sick to my stomach.

Quite frankly, i'm not so sure human extinction is such a bad idea.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by The359 View Post
    Again, you're blaming the victim for the rapist's pathetic suffering.

The honorable way out is to not assault women.

The honorable way out is to admit to it when you're accused and not feed your ego to try and stick it out.

You're as good as dead as soon as you do the misdeed, not when you're finally accused.
    Never occurred to you that one could be falsely accused?

Misdeeds can also have more than 50 shades of gray. They are not all like Weinstein and Cosby. Shouldnít all be thrown under the same bus.

Used to be women always being unfairly treated, such as Anita Hill or Monica Lewinsky... nowadays it seems itís the men always end up with the short end of the stick. I wouldnít call Weinstein being treated unfairly, but I do believe Franken was.

Unfair treatment is unfair treatment. You guys really need to stop it with identity politics. This shouldnít be about women vs men. Look at it case by case please.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 1st, 2018 at 08:59 AM.