Page 1197 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 1976971097114711871195119611971198119912071247129716972197 ... LastLast
Results 11,961 to 11,970 of 24806

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    By @CubbyBruin:
    When someone says things like this: you will get to Point B. But you really won't. And its not your fault. But everything we believe culturally is designed to put that failure squarely on our own shoulders.

I wonder what's his intention... Are these encouraging words? Encouraging what exactly?

Or since the system is rigged against us, we can all just play victim?

If Trump and Kavanaugh can play, surely we all can too?

Surely we can all be victims at times, but that's a pretty lame game to play. What would be the point of blaming it on the likes of Trump or Kavanaugh or any other rich/powerful white men? Identity politics is no good. Just as them blaming everything on Muslims, Mexicans, blacks, women, or whatever other minorities.

Rather than identifying a group of folks to blame, we ought to identify the actual problem so we can either fix it or avoid it in the future. Blaming failures on others and then leaving it as that is lame. If 'others' are culpable, surely we should hold them responsible if possible, but the most important part of the process should be focusing and fixing the source of the problem thus making game playing within the system much more interesting for future generations. Isn't that the best way to un-rig the system? Rather than keeping on with identify politics?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 4th, 2018 at 12:41 PM.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    In light of those stories of privilege circling around the drunk jock who -in spite of being a serial abuser of his female classmates- had no problem being admitted to Yale, the AP is reporting that the recently deceased Nobel prize-winning physicist Leon Lederman had to sell his medal in order to pay for medical bills.
    acket.

Administrator
    Well, Murkowski says she's voting no, but Collins says yes and Manchin, a dem from WV, says yes. Looks like Kavanaugh's got the votes. Guess we can look forward to a court that thinks that no matter what Trump does, it's legal.

Interesting that one democrat voting yes and one republican voting no.

I guess that's 'bipartisan' enough in this day and age...

Personally, I still don't think a drunken indiscretion in high school should be a disqualifier, but I'd vote no on Kavanaugh's based on his 'judicial temperament' alone.

Silverlining is that perhaps congress will become more blue post November election...

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I seriously want to vomit.

Fuck Flake, fuck Collins. Just when you *almost* think someone has some morality, it's party-line.

Fuck these assholes. Maybe we can hope for a SCOTUS impeachment in a few months if they actually turn the shit around.

Fuck.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    It was not about a drunken indiscretion of a high schooler. It was the perjury of a grown man, it was the gaslighting by a grown man, it was the lack of composture of a man in a job interview.
    acket.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Exactly. It was an INTERVIEW, that he failed completely and totally. A judge, ANY judge, much less a SCOTUS, should be immediately disqualified the second they read a prepared opening statement about political bias, and being the "victim" of a political agenda/conspiracy.

Fuck this guy.

I strongly agree with the last two posts.

Congratulations billi, this is what you voted for.

Yeah, blame it all on Billi. You know I gotha power!!! Hwahaha...