Page 1220 of 2488 FirstFirst ... 2207201120117012101218121912201221122212301270132017202220 ... LastLast
Results 12,191 to 12,200 of 24878

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I wish the right didn't see Obama as a Muslim Satan.

I also wish the left can also stop seeing Trump as a deplorable racist lying pricktator.
    Do you see the big gap in the above statement? There is no factual backing for what you said about Obama. But - depending on how you count them there are a minimum of 2, and a maximum of 4 trump descriptors which are verifiable facts. So quit it with the both-sides are mean and unreasonable stuff. There is a clear imbalance in reality here, and one of the sides is definitely wrong.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Particularly the media, unless if you have damning evidences to actually bring down the president, then perhaps you should just presume it to be fake news and not report it...
    If the President is doing dumb stuff, its their job to report it. Its noticeable because it makes it so easy!

US democracy probably will cease to function very well if this shit continues...
    In what way?
    Will they skip elections?
    Or do you mean the elections will be affected by media reports? - because that is pretty normal

Bar really need to be sit higher in the 1st place for those running for office. If a felon cannot vote, a felon also shouldn't be allowed to run for office. Further, if you have pending law suits, investigations and refuse to disclose your tax returns and cannot resolve conflict of interests... your name really shouldn't be on the ballot... we need to find ways to unfuck ourselves. We don't have to like all elected officials, but we need to be able to respect them...
    Maybe instead of stopping these types of people from running, maybe you shouldnt vote for them!
    You already have some silly rules - like a min age for President. Why bother with a rule, if you dont like a 30 year old candidate because you think they are too inexperienced, you dont vote for them. I also think the "natural born" is a silly rule, it means not all US citizens are equal as many cant be president. Nice rule maybe 200 years ago, but why bother now. I can see that you might want them to only have US citizenship, but should it matter if they came to the US as a baby?

Had the same discussion a bit ago. Democracy in America is not crumbling. It's just a garbage in garbage out system, and has been since the start. The topics of interest shift but the mechanism itself is largely unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Isn't protesting essentially the most patriotic thing one could do as an American?
    Apparently not when it's a person of color protesting.

Nate agree

Besides... He actually changed his protest at the request of a servicemember.
    He was sitting it out previously. But changed to kneeling as a sign of respect.

The ex-Green Beret who inspired Colin Kaepernick to kneel instead of sit during the anthem would like to clear a few things up

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    I also think the "natural born" is a silly rule, it means not all US citizens are equal as many cant be president. Nice rule maybe 200 years ago, but why bother now. I can see that you might want them to only have US citizenship, but should it matter if they came to the US as a baby?
    That rule is already very odd since Ted Cruz wasn't born here but he ran as a GOP candidate, and John McCain was born in Panama...but it was on a US military base so it "counts".

Cruz was hatched, tho

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    Do you see the big gap in the above statement? There is no factual backing for what you said about Obama. But - depending on how you count them there are a minimum of 2, and a maximum of 4 trump descriptors which are verifiable facts. So quit it with the both-sides are mean and unreasonable stuff. There is a clear imbalance in reality here, and one of the sides is definitely wrong.
    Yes, I see a big gap between right and left that's for sure!

If you genuinely see somebody 'definitely wrong' elected to be president, next step should be to find ways to impeach him or perhaps even assassinate him in order to correct this mistake.

If you can't impeach him and don't really want to go as far as assassinate the guy, then perhaps we should just try to endure this mistake for 4~8 years... it makes no sense to hate and to completely disrespect a guy who was "legitimately" elected to office. Yes, respect needs to be earned, but I do believe the presidency should command certain basic respect.

To go back to the flag analogy, I don't think we should force people to pledge allegiance to the flag, but we really shouldn't burn or otherwise totally disrespect it either.

All human beings have flaws. It'd be good for our own health to try to focus on other people's positive strengths, rather than to continually find fault in people and end up pissing ourselves off to no end while the 'definitely wrong' dude continues to live in the white house making deals.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 6th, 2018 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    If the President is doing dumb stuff, its their job to report it. Its noticeable because it makes it so easy!
    Unbiased fact based reporting is fine, but you don't get a sense that most reporters today actually also show clear disdain for politicians on the other side of the political spectrum? Emotions can draw ratings I suppose. Pretty much everybody has become reality show hosts. Fake news is the name of the game these days.

In what way?
    Will they skip elections?
    Or do you mean the elections will be affected by media reports? - because that is pretty normal
    Yeah, voter turn out is already pretty darn low, I wonder why. And nowadays, we have social media. Might as well stop Mueller's investigations now. It's perfectly normal for rich media or foreign entities to play with voter's emotions and lead them astray...

Maybe instead of stopping these types of people from running, maybe you shouldnt vote for them!
    Yep, I didn't vote for them, but it changed nothing. I'm often criticized for not voting for one of the lesser of the 2 evils.

You already have some silly rules - like a min age for President. Why bother with a rule, if you dont like a 30 year old candidate because you think they are too inexperienced, you dont vote for them. I also think the "natural born" is a silly rule, it means not all US citizens are equal as many cant be president. Nice rule maybe 200 years ago, but why bother now. I can see that you might want them to only have US citizenship, but should it matter if they came to the US as a baby?
    These rules are nothing in today's standards... the problem is that our 2 parties will continue to feed us garbage candidates to vote for. I suppose we can't all blame it on the party... seriously, who in their right minds would want to run this country anyway? If you are truly that competent and charismatic, there are way more interesting and rewarding jobs that pay more than US presidency. So you end up with mostly seekers of vanity fighting each other for this top job. Only very few have true political aspirations who are in it to make this a better nation... We seriously need more rules to minimize the slime and garbage and maximize competency.

Founding fathers created a pretty robust system that works pretty well for hundred of years, but this system isn't indestructible... it can only handle so much slime and garbage before it breaks down...

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I've found some more irony in the right wing GOP followers. A lot of them are railing against "globalists", whether they are equating it to "jews" or not.

However it is the addition of regulations and trying to prevent jobs from going overseas which the Democrats under Obama tried to do....and on the flip side, the GOP with Trump gave those globalist corporations insane tax breaks and are trying to remove as many regulations as possible.

Yes, in an awkward way, if you look at it really crooked you can see how that kind of thing may seem like an advantage for the U.S. but in general, it isn't