Page 1223 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 2237231123117312131221122212231224122512331273132317232223 ... LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,230 of 24776

Thread: Politics

I had just about forgotten about Mitt Romney, until I saw him on the news last night. Governor of one state and now senator-elect from another.

Other than Hillary Clinton, I wonder how many other carpetbaggers have pulled off something like that in American history.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    @ "tossed out on his can"!

And what about Ted Cruz?

Here's a guy who could have been a Texas-sized giant of a man for continuing to stand up to Trump. He could have been the de facto leader of the anti-Trump right and a credible candidate for president again in the future.

But then, he showed the world that he has no backbone and no shame. Why do Texans continue to vote for such a weakling?
    I was watching TYT and they were showing some of the rural counties where Beto campaigned, but Cruz got 90% or more of the vote....in other words, it isn't even an option for them, they vote red no matter who it is

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    @ "tossed out on his can"!

And what about Ted Cruz?

Here's a guy who could have been a Texas-sized giant of a man for continuing to stand up to Trump. He could have been the de facto leader of the anti-Trump right and a credible candidate for president again in the future.

But then, he showed the world that he has no backbone and no shame. Why do Texans continue to vote for such a weakling?
    He had to spend something like $20m to win a state that should have been a formality. His time is coming.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The one bit of possible good news is that Florida voted to allow felons the right to vote. That's over 1 million possible new voters at play.
    That was good news.

California voted no on Prop 10, which I think would have addressed a growing pain in inequality. But much like O'Rourke against Cruz, it faced long odds against the realtors.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    I was watching TYT and they were showing some of the rural counties where Beto campaigned, but Cruz got 90% or more of the vote....in other words, it isn't even an option for them, they vote red no matter who it is
    Yup, The democratic party has no answer to rural men's worries. No plan, no objectives.
    acket.

Yeah, Florida did okay with its amendments. I voted no on some that I wasn't directly opposed to in full, problem was they bunched 2-3 completely unrelated issues into one. Bullshit, and should be outlawed. Can you imagine if the 1st Amendment was the right to free speech/press/religion and banned the sale of iguanas?

Anyway, one of those amendment I did vote for, and was surprised it passed was the ban on offshore drilling and indoor vaping (yes, you read that correctly, one amendment).

Nelson and Scott (senator race) is going to a recount. Having mailed my vote in, I'm happy. I have no idea how many early/mail-in votes haven't been counted in Florida, but it's a tight race.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Yup, The democratic party has no answer to rural men's worries. No plan, no objectives.
    and the GOP only has to blame immigrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    ...they bunched 2-3 completely unrelated issues into one. Bullshit, and should be outlawed. Can you imagine if the 1st Amendment was the right to free speech/press/religion and banned the sale of iguanas?

Anyway, one of those amendment I did vote for, and was surprised it passed was the ban on offshore drilling and indoor vaping (yes, you read that correctly, one amendment).
    No more vaping inside offshore drilling rigs? Guess they'll have to go back to smoking.

Colorado had a strange one a couple years ago, though not nearly as unrelated as those two. It was an amendment to change from caucuses to primaries to nominate candidates, and to let unaffiliated voters vote in party primaries.

I was for the first but against the latter, but no way to choose one or the other.

Let the iguanas have their free speech, I always say.

The vaping issue was only in workplaces, from my understanding.

Heard Trump speak on the radio on my way to work today...

It's good that he didn't announce another "landslide victory" for the Republicans... he also actually talked about becoming more bi-partisan...working with Pelosi on certain issues... didn't expect to hear such things. Probably not telling the truth anyway...

What I found funny was he likes to stick it to the losing republican candidates by name for not willing to stand with him. Who does that? I guess he does.