Page 1224 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 2247241124117412141222122312241225122612341274132417242224 ... LastLast
Results 12,231 to 12,240 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I had just about forgotten about Mitt Romney, until I saw him on the news last night. Governor of one state and now senator-elect from another.

Other than Hillary Clinton, I wonder how many other carpetbaggers have pulled off something like that in American history.
    As a Mormon, I think he'd fit the bill being senator of Utah.

Just as Hillary, NY is closest to Wall Street, so that fit her well too!

Just curious, can the Democrats impeach Trump now that they control the House? Or did they need the Senate for that too?

Sessions FIRED.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    Just curious, can the Democrats impeach Trump now that they control the House? Or did they need the Senate for that too?
    I believe it's like when Bill Clinton was in office, they can impeach but the Senate would have to confirm to remove from office, so they can technically impeach without it doing anything

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Sessions FIRED.

Let me get my shocked face ready....hold on.....

Just like impeaching Clinton was stupid and a waste of time, impeaching Trump would be the same dumb act and a waste of time. They need to move the fuck on. Keep the nuclear option for when it is needed.

The House needs to come up with some real legislation and they need to promote like Trump promotes his stuff. Get out and do rallies etc. An easy one would be a simple law that says that the DACA kids are citizens. Put a very simple piece of legislation in front of Trump that would make it impossible for him to not sign it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    Just like impeaching Clinton was stupid and a waste of time, impeaching Trump would be the same dumb act and a waste of time. They need to move the fuck on. Keep the nuclear option for when it is needed.

The House needs to come up with some real legislation and they need to promote like Trump promotes his stuff. Get out and do rallies etc. An easy one would be a simple law that says that the DACA kids are citizens. Put a very simple piece of legislation in front of Trump that would make it impossible for him to not sign it.
    The difference is that Trump & co. are accused of MAJOR crimes which involve interference by an enemy of the state...the difference between what he's done and what Bill did are insanely different. Most people didn't care about what Bill did in his spare time and it was just the GOP in congress who hated him.

Com'on, that's not spare time. Do interns work on spare time? If I have sex in my cube, conference room, or anywhere on company property, company policy is to fire me. Lucky US govt didn't have such policy. Nevertheless, it wasn't just for fun on spare time. All the legal fees ended up causing the Clintons to be nearly dead broke when they left the white house...

Anyway, conservatives do look at marriage infidelities very seriously. If you can't even be faithful to your wife, how can we be sure you'll be faithful to the nation we entrusted to you?

Differences between Trump and Clinton could be insanely different, but both very serious.

The main difference now is that we're sure the cigar was inserted by Bill..., but we're still not 100% sure Putin inserted anything into Trump's ass.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Re: Trump impeachment.

Conspiring to commit collusion is way difficult to prove.
    Tax evasion, tax fraud, money laundering-ish crimes are far easier to pin on him.

But those charges would not be as easy to pass thru the senate as something like treason, so my hunch is that they're going to sweep it under the rug with an agreement with the prosecution in which -among other things- he doesn't run for office in 2020.
    acket.

If that happens, America will once again has a chance to be great again!!!