Page 1232 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 2327321132118212221230123112321233123412421282133217322232 ... LastLast
Results 12,311 to 12,320 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Once this Trump Russia stuff gets finished I do think we'll see more push to fix the voting system here, especially with more Dems in congress AND governors...Gerrymandering is one that's being challenged now which is a huge thing if that can be changed nationwide.

Gee, you guys are so politically correct. Mario, do you really believe 'illegal' is now a slur? Anything with negative connotations need to be revised so that we don't offend? Why are people so pissed off nowadays that we absolutely need to walk on this political correctness eggshell all the time? Hey, just do legal things then you won't be called an illegal.

Now, is it legal for non-citizens or legal residents to vote? No, thus, to me, this error may have accidentally allowed 'illegal voting'. In terms of voting, anyone who's a non-citizen in a voting booth would be an 'illegal' in my eye. Plus, when you use the word 'non-citizen', it includes illegal aliens, right? How can you be so absolutely sure that CA DMV only accidentally allowed legal residences and none of the illegal aliens with driver's license to vote? Take DMV's word for it, right? Right... fine, I'll believe them. However, legal residences who are not citizens voting is still 'illegal'.

Plus, original point of my post is about how states may accidentally screw things up, it's not always about intentionally messing with voters/votes. With this particular case in CA, right wing conspiracies just may spin out of control all just because a simple stupid mistake... it was committed without any political agenda..., but right wingers will probably end up seeing us Californians as crazy liberals who'd let foreigners to influence our elections...

I'm sure there are also non-deplorable racists in southern red states doing the best they can to ensure a fair election too. I'm sure eventually they will win out. Just like after fires, floods, mass shootings, terrorist attacks, the good people always end up outnumbering those bad apples! Give people some benefit of the doubt before getting so pissed off with every little thing...

If anger is driving real constructive political change, great! However, if anger is just causing you to want to kill the opposition or wishing them dead or world of hurt, then it's time for you to quit politics.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 12th, 2018 at 12:13 PM.

Administrator
    Referring to people as "illegals" has always been a slur. Also, none of the people you were talking about were undocumented, they are here legally and presumably "do legal things", yet you called them "illegals" anyway, then got all mad about it when you got called out.

Also, personally I'd consider being racist to be deplorable, so I'm not sure if there are a lot of "non-deplorable racists".

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    more indictments coming....

via Twitter:

@chrisgeidner

Developing ... "I'm going to be indicted," Jerome Corsi — former Infowars DC bureau chief linked to Roger Stone — says on his livestream.

infowars...if all of them could be indicted that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Referring to people as "illegals" has always been a slur. Also, none of the people you were talking about were undocumented, they are here legally and presumably "do legal things", yet you called them "illegals" anyway, then got all mad about it when you got called out.
    This is the same thing as Jim arguing with Trump whether it should be called an 'invasion' or not. Rather than arguing which adjective is the most appropriate to use, it'd be nice if we can come up with a agreeable solution to actually solve these problems.

Also, personally I'd consider being racist to be deplorable, so I'm not sure if there are a lot of "non-deplorable racists".
    Okay, I meant to say non-deplorable & non-racist. Surely there are such people in red states... and I'm sure they will eventually prevail.

We Californians can just focus on fixing our own problems 1st. Try to do our best to make sure we're not the leader in terms of poverty, mass shooting deaths, and illegally allowing residents to vote, etc. When we become a role model state, then maybe we can teach them other states a thing or two.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Words do matter. That's how we interiorize reality.

Words can create much ku.
    But only actions can bring salvation.
    acket.

Stable genius for sure.

Sad but true. 😢

GOP Jesus just sucks. Unfortunately DNC Jesus just isn't being taken seriously.

I get the feeling that the real Jesus won't associate himself to either party.