Page 1233 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 2337331133118312231231123212331234123512431283133317332233 ... LastLast
Results 12,321 to 12,330 of 24779

Thread: Politics

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    @jeneps - “If you buy a box of cereal — you have a voter ID," Trump oddly and falsely claims in Daily Caller interview.

what planet is this idiot on???

BTW, the comments are gold

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1062789293020794880

Can I listen to or read from the source of this quote?

I don't understand that quote either.

Probably could google to learn more, but since voting for Democrats in the last two elections, I'm overcome with sloth and the assumption that someone else will do it for me.

That, I say, that's a joke, son.

“If you buy a box of cereal — you have a voter ID. They try to shame everybody by calling them racist, or calling them something, anything they can think of, when you say you want voter ID. But voter ID is a very important thing.”

What he was trying to assert was that you need an ID for lots of things in life, so why not voting? If you write a check at a grocery store you have to show ID, etc.

His observation is empty in the sense that you don't show ID if you pay with cash or most credit cards. I doubt he has ever purchased his own groceries so I can understand how he'd get that part confused.

Administrator

I knew a hard-working Republican would come to my aid!

This reminds me of...

Yeah, that was what I thought of as well, the scanner issue.

I'm not a Republican, fwiw. I think Trump does enough to make himself look like an ass on his own. I find it incredibly loathsome when the media goes hunting for things like this. I think it distracts from the more mundane but important policy decisions that are being made with almost no coverage given to them at all. For instance, Trump tried to remove the Public Works mission from the US Army Corps of Engineers (full disclosure, my employer) and redistribute it to other government agencies. It would not have made anything more efficient or consolidated jobs, it just would've cost a ton of money to rearrange people and assets inside various government agencies. It's dumb and costly. Report on that.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    IMO this isn't something as simple as Dan Quayle spelling Potato wrong...it means one of two things: he has no idea how to buy groceries which means he's entirely out of touch with average americans, OR it's more evidence that he's mentally unwell

That's my point, though. There is a finite amount of reporting that can occur in a news cycle. It's pretty well established that he's mentally unwell. Of course he's out of touch, he's a billionaire. And there is sufficient evidence he's a buffoon.

I just don't see how it adds anything to the discussion other than a way for liberals to point and laugh for a few more minutes. Use that time to learn something, calling Trump an idiot for the 900th time doesn't 'pwn a Trumper' or make you more enlightened. It just creates more noise.