Page 1235 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 2357351135118512251233123412351236123712451285133517352235 ... LastLast
Results 12,341 to 12,350 of 24776

Thread: Politics

Administrator
    Ugh, someone want to point this one at the multitudes of articles easily found on the internet explaining why voter ID laws discriminate against minorities, the elderly, and the ill? I mean, I know with a bare minimum of effort he could do it himself instead of "both sides"ing this, but sometimes he needs a little nudge.

Here's a start: https://www.aclu.org/other/oppose-vo...ion-fact-sheet

Voter ID is like Congressional Districting. It should be common sense and serve the people. But then partisanship steps in and it gets abused.

If those folks who have no IDs, no birth certificates, no money to travel, no permanent addresses, you sure they really care about voting?

Rather than fighting the republicans, can we find a way to help these folks to find a place to live, affordable transportation, and proper IDs first? I’m sure these group of folks appreciate the effort to allow them access to vote, but why couldn’t both sides work together to help these people get these basic things that they cannot afford rather than just keep on fighting amongst themselves while there remain a group of Americans who can’t afford to get birth certificates.

Isn’t this just like the ‘not invasion!’
    ‘Yes invasion!’
    ‘Not!’
    ‘Yes!’

While the Hondurans fucked by either Reagan or Hillary rot in Mexico.

Tell me what’s so good about partisan politics?

Administrator
    I'm really struggling with the fact that I want Billi to understand that restricting the rights of the less fortunate than him to vote exacerbates their situation as they then can't vote for people who will advocate for them and that will only make the situation of the haves & have nots that much worse, vs. the fact that he may have made the dumbest post I've ever seen him make and I feel like I should just ignore it as there's no way anyone's drilling through something that insane.

I kinda feel like I hit both marks there, so I'll just leave it at that. At any rate, I know he's on a weird "both sides" tirade again and I'll just keep him on ignore for the next week or so until he's onto his next thing.

I’m pretty sure ‘outsiders’ are at awe of us Americans... since the founding fathers allowed us guns and right to vote without IDs, we’re just going to stick with tradition regardless of how time and tech have changed...

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I have click regret.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't know that it's so much a "you yankees" as there's almost no evidence of any "impersonation" voter fraud, which is the only thing that voter ID would prevent.
    "You yanks" as in "people who'd take your word for it". Have you any idea how much simpler your tax filing system is compared to the rest of the world? In general, your bureucracy is a lot easier because it's based on good faith. We go the other way around, we assume people want to cheat the system and create these very complex institutions and processes.

When I registered for school in the states all I had to do was show proof of identity and of immunizations. In order to study Uni in Mexico I had to first take my HS diploma to the consulate in San Diego and then take that and my school transcripts to an office in Mexico City to have them validated.
    acket.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Klaas from University College London
    MBS is now signaling he will execute people who carried out his orders to murder Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate. They are fall guys.
    acket.

Is that any different than executing a woman because she was raped and impregnated?

Administrator
    Since this was asked for, the full transcript of the interview with Trump that included the cereal line. I really don't want to give them the pageviews, but I can't paste in the transcript because it's too long for the forum. Meh.

Or, preferably, read it in FaultyMario's posts further down.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/14/t...ler-interview/
    Last edited by Tom Servo; November 15th, 2018 at 09:24 AM.