Page 1249 of 1818 FirstFirst ... 249749114911991239124712481249125012511259129913491749 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,490 of 18176

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br
    Hopefully some sensible politics will come out of last month's mandate referendum.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Unspoilered; that was literally exactly my point. Destabilising an economy doesn't need military intervention. The effects can be the same.

As usual, you're talking out of your poop hole.

You'd know about her poverty initiatives if you had done a modicum of research.
    Glad we can agree on one point at least.

With regard to Hillary's poverty agenda, that's very nice, but my point had been when push came to shove, how do you think Hillary will prioritize her agenda? Catering more to the rich or the poor?

Plus, the conservative constituents don't want to be out of jobs and be pushed into poverty and then end up getting handouts from Hillary. That's the probably last thing they'd want.

Finally, as I've stated many times, CA throws more money than any other states addressing poverty but we ending up with more people living under poverty line as result(after adjusting to cost of living). So there's no guarantee that any attempts made to solve the poverty issue will work out. However, I do believe NY is doing a better job than CA, so I'll give that credit to Hillary since she's been a senator there... maybe she has a better solution and implementation. It's just that I wish she didn't give off the perception that she's so cozy with Wall Street, especially during a period when anti-establishment sentiments were high. She should've at least gave the impression that she's cozying up with main street more. That was a miscalculation on her part I think. I do think most sane people didn't expect the crazy pussy grabbing orangutan to win..., I personally didn't expect Trump to win either... but hey... people don't always make rational decisions.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 7th, 2018 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    Glad we can agree on one point at least.

With regard to Hillary's poverty agenda, that's very nice, but my point had been when push came to shove, how do you think Hillary will prioritize her agenda? Catering more to the rich or the poor?

Plus, the conservative constituents don't want to be out of jobs and be pushed into poverty and then end up getting handouts from Hillary. That's the probably last thing they'd want.

Finally, as I've stated many times, CA throws more money than any other states addressing poverty but we ending up with more people living under poverty line as result(after adjusting to cost of living). So there's no guarantee that any attempts made to solve the poverty issue will work out. However, I do believe NY is doing a better job than CA, so I'll give that credit to Hillary since she's been a senator there... maybe she has a better solution and implementation. It's just that I wish she didn't give off the perception that she's so cozy with Wall Street, especially during a period when anti-establishment sentiments were high. She should've at least gave the impression that she's cozying up with main street more. That was a miscalculation on her part I think. I do think most sane people didn't expect the crazy pussy grabbing orangutan to win..., I personally didn't expect Trump to win either... but hey... people don't always make rational decisions.
    That's an idiotic take. I was going to debate it it point by point but decided it's a flaming bag of poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Oh good, now Billi is a deep-state conspiracy theorist.
    Can you really explain to me why W and Obama ended up making the same or similar seemingly evil foreign policy decisions?

I'd be happy to not be a deep-state conspiracy theorist if you can explain that to me.

With regard to Latin America, most ordinary Americans don't really care about that region. So presidents are not constrained by public opinion. They're usually free to do what's right or what the rich/powerful lobbyists want. Pretty much the rich lobbyists won out every time... even against popular international opinions.

So I think US presidents are pretty much puppet figure heads based on the policy decisions they've made. Here we have blue and red Americans fight to the death trying to figure out who is the lesser of the 2 evils..., in the end, it doesn't really matter. The 'chosen' one will end up doing the will of Senator Palpatine... We are just bunch of storm troopers wear red and blue shades. WTC was our very 1st death star destroyed by the rebels. If we don't make changes and throw the evil emperor down to the dept of abyss like Lord Vader did, soon the strength of the rebel alliance will only grow bigger and the fall of American empire will only be matter of time.

Maybe the force be with us.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 7th, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

I don't think it's too far of a stretch to assume the military-industrial complex, and Wall Street and the big banks, exert so much force on the government that they're really who's running the show. Democrat or Republican, I think they're both behooved to maintain the status quo--the difference is the Republicans brag about maintaining it, while the Democrats claim to "fight it." In some cases they do, but often fail, and in other cases, like Obama's actions in Yemen, might as well be Republican anyway. The whole fucking system is rotten, but at least when Democrats are in power, they put some semblance of effort into DOMESTIC reform (like Obamacare, gay marriage, etc.)

Don't forget about unisex bathrooms! Yes, all death stars are equipped with bunch of those!

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Not to take away anything from Obama, he lead his country out of troubled times, but most of the problems he inherited came from a poor administration.That really flatters him.
    That said, when compared against the average, he kept the empire on its usual course.

This here article summarizes my view, Obama campaigned on Hope, and we hoped for more from him.
    I think a lot of people forget the gigantor sized shit storm President Obama inherited. It was the economy. It was the war in Afghanistan. It was the occupation of Iraq. It was haemorraghing jobs. It was people being bankrupted because their child got ill. It was the crash of the real estate market. It was the variable rate mortgate loans. It was creating and marketing of junk bonds for those mortgages. It was escalating tension with the rest of the world. It was the plunging stock market and wiping out retirement security for millions of people. It ws the escalating racism and dog whistles now being out in the open (you should have seen the faces of the patrons at the bar when he won, and I ordered a shot, and loudly toasted, to no one in particular "to President Barack Hussein Obama". Yes, I generally don't drink.) It was so many other things. it was an evil octopoda with Medusa for a head and the tentacles, each a giant Anaconda, greedily suffocating the economy, the air we breathe, the climate, our peace of mind, our humanity and our future on this planet. It was evil manifested in real time. (unlike now when its maliciousness manifested in real time.)

People also forget that President Obama dealt with the most recalcitrant Congress. The Worst. Congress. Ever. That they stonewalled his every move, and literally made it their objective to block him at every turn. No pretense at being there to govern and legislate. That he had his own problems at home to deal with. Outside of the shitstorm he inherited outside our borders.

Was he perfect. Fuck no. But no president has ever been given a worse pile of shit and been told "here's the Presidency, tuck in."

I look at at all that and say "damn, homie came through." While you're like "well, he failed South America." And billi is like "he bombed more than Bush." And others, "he failed the middle class and capitulated to the banks." And I marvel at how it's so nice to be removed from so much that your perspective is all that matters.

Obama failed us by not meeting his lofty rhetoric. We (y'all "Obama didn'ts" really, it ain't me) continue to fail him by not seeing the depths from which he rescued us, and the insurmountable resistance he met at every turn, trying to rescue us. You're the guys who got in an accident, were rescued by someone, and are complaining that the person who rescued you had to cut your clothes to stem the bleeding.

I also see y'all setting an extremely high bar for President Obama, while not really expecting anything remotely similar from any other President.

Meanwhile we can accurately say we haven't had a "good" President in the entire history of the United States.
    Last edited by neanderthal; December 7th, 2018 at 12:27 PM.

I don't think any of us has forgotten Obama's good deeds. He definitely inherited the biggest load of crap compared to any other presidents in history...

Still, we are NOT the ones setting up the high bar for him. He was the one setting it up for himself.

The hope he has given us was dashed. You certainly cannot blame some of Obama's evil foreign policies on the worst congress ever. Like I said, perhaps we can blame senator Palpatine twisting his arm. It really made no sense to me why Obama would continue the same crappy W foreign policies.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 7th, 2018 at 11:51 AM.

Venturi3D.com for the FUTURE MR2 Fan's Avatar
    I think a lot of people forget the gigantor sized shit storm President Obama inherited. It was the economy. It was the war in Afghanistan. It was the occupation of Iraq. It was haemorraghing jobs. It was people being bankrupted because their child got ill. It was the crash of the real estate market. It was the variable rate mortgate loans. It was creating and marketing of junk bonds for those mortgages. It was escalating tension with the rest of the world. It was the plunging stock market and wiping out retirement security for millions of people. It ws the escalating racism and dog whistles now being out in the open (you should have seen the faces of the patrons at the bar when he won, and I ordered a shot, and loudly toasted, to no one in particular "to President Barack Hussein Obama". Yes, I generally don't drink.) It was so many other things. it was an evil octopoda with Medusa for a head and the tentacles, each a giant Anaconda, greedily suffocating the economy, the air we breathe, the climate, our peace of mind, our humanity and our future on this planet. It was evil manifested in real time. (unlike now when its maliciousness manifested in real time.)

People also forget that President Obama dealt with the most recalcitrant Congress. The Worst. Congress. Ever. That they stonewalled his every move, and literally made it their objective to block him at every turn. No pretense at being there to govern and legislate. That he had his own problems at home to deal with. Outside of the shitstorm he inherited outside our borders.

Was he perfect. Fuck no. But no president has [b]ever[/] been given a worse pile of shit and been told "here's the Presidency, tuck in."

I look at at all that and say "damn, homie came through." While you're like "well, he failed South America." And billi is like "he bombed more than Bush." And others, "he failed the middle class and capitulated to the banks." And I marvel at how it's so nice to be removed from so much that your perspective is all that matters.

Obama failed us by not meeting his lofty rhetoric. We (y'all "Obama didn'ts" really, it ain't me) continue to fail him by not seeing the depths from which he rescued us, and the insurmountable resistance he met at every turn, trying to rescue us. You're the guys who got in an accident, were rescued by someone, and are complaining that the person who rescued you had to cut your clothes to stem the bleeding.

I also see y'all setting an extremely high bar for President Obama, while not really expecting anything remotely similar from any other President.

Meanwhile we can accurately say we haven't had a "good" President in the entire history of the United States.
    QFT
    ║]=(86)=[║ Venturi3D.com

Garfield? :/