Page 1251 of 2474 FirstFirst ... 2517511151120112411249125012511252125312611301135117512251 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,510 of 24733

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Spoiler:
    The Benevolent Dictator has been Jesus Christ, but He is on his way out though according to latest surveys...
    I do not think you know what dictator means.

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Yes, lets stay on point because you are misdirecting.

What should President Obama have done? Tell us.
    What he promised to do. Not what W would do.

Am I not clear enough?

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    I do not think you know what dictator means.
    I don't think you know who Jesus Christ is.

Spoiler:
    What he promised to do. Not what W would do.

Am I not clear enough?
    That's very clever response, in that it pretends too have answered the question by putting the onus on him, and his actions, rather than on you and the impossible standards you have set for him.

Which is exactly why I will continue to ask you for specifics of exactly what he should have done. You want to pretend there are no circumstances or consequences he had to consider, and I won't let you.

It's January 2009. You're President Obilli, you've just been sworn in. What exactly are you going to do?

It's nice and easy to criticise, hindsight being 20/ 20 and all. But you're in the hot seat, so dish.

What would you have done? I've given you exceptional leeway to address ANY of his, according to you, multiple shortcomings, and you're, so far, failing dismally.

Spoiler:
    I don't think you know who Jesus Christ is.
    I'm very confident that i've read the Bible more than you. Very.

From start to finish.

Yes, reading the Bible is not the same as "knowing him." But, for ... perspective, i've read his life story (the Bible) more than you have. So i'm confident that I know him better than you.

But lets not get distracted, we're still waiting for you to answer what you would have done as president.

Using my Star Wars analogy, I'd find out the source of our evil and attempt to destroy that. Of course I'd also look after America's interests, but I would minimize seemingly evil actions/policies that screws up nations and destabilizing regions. I'd even go as far as stop supporting Israel and just let God protect His chosen nation Himself. Point is stop playing God... only protect what's rightfully ours. I'm not against military actions completely. Fighting evil is perfectly fine in my book, but I would never covertly support a group by secretly supplying them weapons. If I'm gonna fight, I'm going all in. BTW, once I pick a general, I'd trust him to do the job completely and not fire him half way... Gen McChrystal is what I'm talking about...

Domestically, we need to chop things down. If you're too big to fail, then you're too big. Next time, we will never use too big to fail as excuse. I'd probably try my best to dismantle the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. I don't know how I can do that safely and that's really way above my pay grade... so I'll worry about that once I reach the oval office.

Lastly, just to compete with President Obama's legacy, my Billicare will be funded only by liberal taxpayers and used by liberal taxpayers. If you're registered democrat, you're contributions will be mandatory and only you will be able to enjoy its benefits. If you really don't want in, just don't join the party. This healthcare fund will be separate from the federal budget... so if I fucked it up and it goes bankrupt, it'll all be my fault and liberals will hate me and conservatives will laugh at me but at least I won't bankrupt the country.

There. Is this accepatble to you?

Look, I'm grateful for his attempt at universal healthcare, but my general dislike about Obama was his foreign policies and he seemingly left wall street the same as before. Yeah, he saved us..., but what happens next time?

It kinda proves that Senator Palpatine lives on Wall Street.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; December 7th, 2018 at 12:08 PM.

Spoiler:
    Using my Star Wars analogy, I'd find out the source of our evil and attempt to destroy that.
    I don't watch Star Wars; meaningless reference.

Spoiler:
    Of course I'd also look after America's interests, but I would minimize seemingly evil actions/policies that screws up nations and destabilizing regions. I'd even go as far as stop supporting Israel and just let God protect His chosen nation Himself. Point is stop playing God... only protect what's rightfully ours. I'm not against military actions completely. Fighting evil is perfectly fine in my book, but I would never covertly support a group by secretly supplying them weapons. If I'm gonna fight, I'm going all in.
    A lot of words, but so far you've said nothing. It's literally the essay of a kid trying to fill his assignment with words to meet the quota, filled with platitudes and grand nothings. But I can play with this, as you've given us an executive action.

Ok, you've stopped supporting Israel. Economically. Politically. Militarily.

Here's what happens in that scenario. Factions of Arabs that want to destroy Israel declare war; they want anything from as innocuous a thing as a free Palestine, to the complete extinction of Israel. They rain bombs on Israeli settlements. Israel responds in a heavy handed manner attemting to quell any such actions. All the Arab nations join in this fight which is now framed as anti Arab, a genocide and an attempt by Jews to steal all their land and oil. Russia and China rush to equip both sides, bolstering their economies. As does the EU and the UK. Oil production plunges, after all the world still has an oil dependent transportation system.
    Inflation, as the cost of goods goes up. Petrol and diesel are scare, and unaffordable. Economic collapse. Massive layoffs. The rich survive; they have the means. They have the electric cars. They have large yards and people who can tend their now extensive vegetable gardens in those large yards. Hysteria and conflict abound. Neighbors are at war with each other, kids stealing tomatoes from their neighbors backyard. Gun sales go up. Ammo sales go up. Anarchy. No police; they can't fuel their vehicles.

Congrats. you've fucked the world. But lets keep playing.

Spoiler:
    Domestically, we need to chop things down. If you're too big to fail, then you're too big. Next time, we will never use too big to fail as excuse. I'd probably try my best to dismantle the privately owned Federal Reserve Bank. I don't know how I can do that safely and that's really way above my pay grade... so I'll worry about that once I reach the oval office.
    Too late; you're in the oval office.
    You've declared the banks too big, that they must downsize. But, since you haven't given any specifics of how this must be done, it's a giant clusterfuck. CEOs are quick to realise that they need to be the CEO of one of the future smaller banks, but they need assets. They loot all the assets from one division and put it in another, create two smaller banks, one with all the assets and cash, and another with all of the liabilities and the small deposits. They've kept the institutional accounts and mega dollar accounts for themselves at the new ACME bank. Your regular old Wells Fargo, which is what ACME was split from is now under considerable economic pressure as it doesn't have the financial leverage to pay its obligations. Cuts must be made to control the haemmoraghing payrol. Those cuts in payrol are jobs. Those jobs disappearing means people lose confidence in the bank and all of them hurry to withdraw their money. Creating a liquidity crisis, because the bank is only required to carry a small portion of their deposits in cash. Other banks see what's going on and immediately try to borrow money from each other, creating a vicious circle. And a banking system crash. And, bingo, you've got a recession.

And, since you've disbanded the Federal Reserve, you can't prince money. So you get the mint to print money with an executive order. They do. Suddenly every one can go to the bank and withdraw their money. Inflation. Our recession becomes a depression as the money is deemed worthless.

Congratulations. You've fucked the world.

Spoiler:
    Lastly, just to compete with President Obama's legacy, my Billicare will be funded only by liberal taxpayers and used by liberal taxpayers. If you're registered democrat, you're contributions will be mandatory and only you will be able to enjoy its benefits. If you really don't want in, just don't join the party. This healthcare fund will be separate from the federal budget... so if I fucked it up and it goes bankrupt, it'll all be my fault and liberals will hate me and conservatives will laugh at me but at least I won't bankrupt the country.
    Ha ha. Jokes on you. Conservatives and Libertarians are miffed at you and your creation of a special class of humans who get better benefits than they. They simply go to hospitals, clinics, doctors offices etc and kill all the people in "the new aristocracy" coming out. That includes the innocent Uber Eats driver who was simply there to deliver Dr Suess favorite Green Eggs and Ham sammitch. With dwindling income your healthcare fund goes bust. And basic fucking shit like a cold starts killing people. And soon we're back to the stone age.

Congratulations; you've fucked the world.

Spoiler:
    There. Is this accepatble to you?
    You've left the world in a worse place than if a rabid meteor struck it, depleted it of it's resources, shat on it, then burned it. Lets keep playing.

Spoiler:
    Look, I'm grateful for his attempt at universal healthcare, but my general dislike about Obama was his foreign policies and he seemingly left wall street the same as before. Yeah, he saved us..., but what happens next time?

Maybe he should just fuck us over like you did rather than maintain the status quo. I don't know, it seems like President Obama did a fanstastic job now, seeing as you don't seem to know how to do anything right. I'll take his status quo over your garbage hot takes that lack substance, nuance, thought, consequence, consideration, empathy, ... I can keep going.

Spoiler:
    It kinda proves that Senator Palpatine lives on Wall Street.
    Meaningless quote again. I don't watch Star Wars.

I'm critical of Obama's job performance as a real president in real life because he let my hopes down.

You're critical of my job as a fictitious president? And isn't it much easier for you to create fictitious scenarios to make me look bad?

With regard to Israel, it's been around for thousands of years way before USA. If God wants it gone, it'll be gone. If God wants it back, it'll be back. Egyptians, Babylonians, Romans, Nazis were all simply God's instruments. Nobody will out last the Jews... anyway, it's obvious that the simulations in our minds run differently... so this isn't quite a fair game unless it's played out in real life...

So okay, just to entertain you, I've done a poor job as president. Does that have any bearing on how Hondurans look at President Obama? Will the article Mario linked just disappear because Billi sucks?

Burying Billi accomplishes nothing dude. US presidents enacts the same evil foreign policies and kiss up to wall street regardless of party. That's a pretty indisputable fact which has nothing to do with Billi.

Spoiler:
    I'm critical of Obama's job performance as a real president in real life because he let my hopes down.

You're critical of my job as a fictitious president? And isn't it much easier for you to create fictitious scenarios to make me look bad?

With regard to Israel, it's been around for thousands of years way before USA. If God wants it gone, it'll be gone. If God wants it back, it'll be back. Egyptians, Babylonians, Romans, Nazis were all simply God's instruments. Nobody will out last the Jews... anyway, it's obvious that the simulations in our minds run differently... so this isn't quite a fair game unless it's played out in real life...

So okay, just to entertain you, I've done a poor job as president. Does that have any bearing on how Hondurans look at President Obama? Will the article Mario linked just disappear because Billi sucks?

Burying Billi accomplishes nothing dude. US presidents enacts the same evil foreign policies and kiss up to wall street regardless of party. That's a pretty indisputable fact which has nothing to do with Billi.
    So, ... are you saying you couldn't have done a better job than President Obama, even with hindsight?

Ok, then shut the fuck up with your monopoly money criticisms.

-----------

I'm critical of your criticism of President Obama because it's not rooted in any kind of analysis, consideration, thought, context, substance, etc.

I can ask you a simple pointed question (not the open ended one I asked you before) "what should President Obama have done with/ in Syria" and you'll waffle and obfuscate and shuffle your feet, and twiddle your thumbs and anything but not actually answer. Then claim your response is a theoretical one to his actual in real meat space one.

Your failure to answer reflects the failure of your criticism; both lack substance. Context. Contemplation. Meaningful understanding of all the parties involved. Any of the factors at play. The effects of any changes. Etc etc etc.

Let your criticism be rooted on a basis of knowledge, facts, information, and we're not having this discussion. But keep parroting the talking points of the extreme left and the right, and i'll call you on it.

And before you get defensive; my very simple take down of your "dismantle the big banks" theory shows how little your criticisms are based on reality.

I, and many others on this board, are not ones to simply parrot meaningless slogans. We think. We digest. We read. We ask. We think some more. And a lot of us are quite ok with saying, "you know, I was wrong about that" when presented with information that changes our previously held conclusions and dogmas. They might say mistaken, uninformed, unenlightened or other synonyms. You might want to try it. The reading and digesting part.

Administrator
    Every word that dear leader has tweeted about Rex Tillerson in one big paragraph: