Page 1253 of 2478 FirstFirst ... 2537531153120312431251125212531254125512631303135317532253 ... LastLast
Results 12,521 to 12,530 of 24776

Thread: Politics

https://www.c-span.org/video/?455813...border-funding

Senior level public meeting goes off the rails a bit... The ending is really the important part, Trump puts it right out there... if he doesn't get his way (funding for the wall), he'll gladly shut down the government.

Unsurprisingly, responses from both sides of the aisle have been critical:

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Trump is great television.
    acket.

Trump's 'beautiful wall' is a vanity project and nothing more. Democrats should treat it as such

Quote Originally Posted by Los Angeles Times Editorial Board
    And although compromise is vital to a functional democracy, lawmakers should continue to resist throwing $5 billion worth of tax dollars at what amounts to a vanity project for Trump. What both sides should be focused on is a comprehensive overhaul of U.S. immigration law that addresses the full panoply of issues associated with decades of failed policy.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    The ending is really the important part, Trump puts it right out there... if he doesn't get his way (funding for the wall), he'll gladly shut down the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post

Senior level public meeting goes off the rails a bit... The ending is really the important part, Trump puts it right out there... if he doesn't get his way (funding for the wall), he'll gladly shut down the government.

Unsurprisingly, responses from both sides of the aisle have been critical:

First of all, is Mother there? Is Mike allowed that close to Nancy Pelosi?

Second, if what Pelosi says is true, she should introduce the Wall bill in the house, to let it fail.

Trump is such a petulant child, and that video shows it as good as any we've seen, and it's what's ahead for the next two years.

Whoops, just realized I posted the C-SPAN link twice instead of another article about the response (it was a Hill article, can't find the link right this second)

I think it's important to know that it isn't just Trump alone who wants the wall. We need to help certain group of Americans understand that it's a waste of tax dollars.

I think the most effective way to stop this is for Democrats to all of a sudden support building it... in fact, double or triple Trump's projected cost and height and make it even more 'beautiful'. Go nuts and try to bankrupt the federal budget. Then maybe the conservatives will come to some senses. For now, I fear it's a no win situation for democrats. Opposing Trump will only make him more popular with his supporters and vilify yourself further... sigh...

I seriously think democrats should just try reverse psychology. Because they will irrationally oppose whatever you propose...

Administrator
    Michael Cohen gets sentenced to 3 years in prison, and now AMI (publisher of the National Enquirer, among others) has entered into a non-prosecution agreement with the southern district of New York, where they admit they paid Karen McDougal $150,000 in "concert with" the Trump Campaign to "suppress [her] story" in an attempt to "influence the election." They're now cooperating with SDNY in order to not be prosecuted for their role in campaign finance violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Orden, CNN, 12 Dec 2018
    Cohen attorney Lanny Davis says that "after Mr. Mueller completes his investigation and issues his final report, I look forward to assisting Michael to state publicly all he knows about Mr. Trump."
    Twitter thread.
    acket.