Page 1301 of 2481 FirstFirst ... 3018011201125112911299130013011302130313111351140118012301 ... LastLast
Results 13,001 to 13,010 of 24808

Thread: Politics

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Is that guy representative of his constituents?

I mean, we can make fun of him all we want, but that was clearly a trope directed not at the person he was having the conversation with but rather it was directed towards an audience who'd only get to watch bits and pieces of his intervention.

It'd be interesting to know what the ratings of Fox, Breitbart and the Washington Examiner in his district are.
    His district is the Kentucky suburbs of Cincinnati, so it's a safe bet that those three are very popular.

Administrator
    Apparently the grand jury doesn't need her testimony, they have enough arguments to charge Assange already.
    That quote is from her support committee, so I don't know how much credence I give it. It's entirely possible that prosecutors hoped to get additional evidence that might bolster the indictment or lead to other charges. And if it were "duplicative", why not just testify again?

Again - it is not up to the person subpoenaed to determine whether the subpoena is worth pursing. A grand jury subpoenas you and you either get out of it via one of the legal methods of doing so or you go testify. It's basically our system of government in a nutshell. You can't just say "I don't believe in this and I already told you the answer to everything you're going to ask", it just does not work that way, and it cannot possibly work that way if you want to have this kind of justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Okay, we may have a new leader in the "dumbest shit said in Congress" race:

[crazy ass Republican questioning video]

"If it's called a BACHELOR'S DEGREE, then how are you MARRIED, sir?"
    And that kids is why Democrats lose elections.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...tputType%3Damp

It’s fascinating that some people now find US flag on cop cars offensive...

How political will we get...

Quote Originally Posted by The Article View Post
    they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression,” she said.
    A cop car with a flag on it is the ultimate american expression?
    That's f*cking gross.
    Beyond that sentiment - the graphic design is also gross.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Well, there’s really no need to have a nation’s flag on cop cars. It’s not like our neighborhoods have Mexican and Canadian cops that might cause confusion...

OTOH, I don’t understand how US flag can be gross.

US government for sure has done evils around the world, but unless we really want to give up and overthrow this regime, I hope US flag won’t eventually become as offensive as swastica or confederate flag...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (on Twitter)
    Was recently informed about the death of @NipseyHussle and I was saddened to hear about his death and the other 10 people killed in Los Angeles last week. How can one take someone's life so easily? 'Baby Don't Cry Gotta Keep Your Head Up Even when The Road is Hard Never Give Up'
    Well, that was unexpected. And no, I am not making this up: https://twitter.com/Ahmadinejad1956/...00093375090688

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Dude, the universal language is not Maths; It's beats.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    OTOH, I don’t understand how US flag can be gross.

US government for sure has done evils around the world, but unless we really want to give up and overthrow this regime, I hope US flag won’t eventually become as offensive as swastica or confederate flag...
    To be clear, I wasn't saying that the US flag is gross, I was saying that the quoted sentiment about it being applied to a cop car as the "ultimate american expression" is gross.
    And the flag can definitely be gross- See innumerable examples of stickers applied to tailgates of lifted pickups, or on the t-shirts of many gunshow attendees.
    -Formerly Stabulator

Wow, Ahmadinejad really cares about us angelenos..., I’m touched.