Page 1310 of 2486 FirstFirst ... 3108101210126013001308130913101311131213201360141018102310 ... LastLast
Results 13,091 to 13,100 of 24855

Thread: Politics

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar

acket.

Read from some Buzzfeed weird but true facts about genghis khan killing so many people in his wake... turning farmlands back into carbon absorbing forests... he actually reduced an estimated 700 metric tons of carbon dioxide, roughly the same amount we globally produced thru burning fossil fuel each year!!!

Perhaps these historical madmen were created by God or mother nature to help rebalance things a bit?

Perhaps Samuel Jackson's crazy billionaire character in Kingsman is right that global warming is simply earth having a fever trying to fight off some virus... namely us?

I think it's unlike we'll get everyone to agree to something... so rather than waiting for all the greedy too big to fail companies and major world corrupt governments to come to an agreement to save the planet, why not we each start to do whatever we can do for now. We also have control of which company to do businesses with and which politicians to vote for. I don't need Trump to join the Paris Accord in order to get solar panels and EVs..., but then again, although I'm polluting less now, what about 20~30 yrs down the road, where are we going to dump all those solar panels and ev batteries?

Anyway, we're problems solvers. As we solve one problem, we'll likely create additional unforeseen problems. So future generations will always have jobs I guess.

I'm pretty confident that we or our future generations will be able to find a way to solve these challenges. But we must 1st take on personal responsibility... not the mentality that if my neighbor's not doing it or my government's not doing it... or since China's not doing it... then screw it we're doomed!!!

Just do the right thing and hopefully others will follow... or if you find another person doing better, then follow that person. I really have come to the conclusion that politics don't really work. Expecting politicians to solve our problems 1st is an exercise in futility. These movements starts with actions from us, not Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Perhaps Samuel Jackson's crazy billionaire character in Kingsman is right that global warming is simply earth having a fever trying to fight off some virus... namely us?
    But it wont kill us off.
    It could wipe out most stuff, but we can adapt whats left to suit us. Probably wont support the current population and maybe standard of living will drop, but climate change wont wipe out humans.
    Probably just leave a planet where future generations go - wow I wish Id seen a whale/tiger/polar bear/penguin etc.

I really have come to the conclusion that politics don't really work. Expecting politicians to solve our problems 1st is an exercise in futility. These movements starts with actions from us, not Trump.
    Or you realise that politics in a democracy is YOU.
    If you care, then vote the way that best helps. Contact your local reps and let them know the issues that are important.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Or you realise that politics in a democracy is YOU.
    If you care, then vote the way that best helps. Contact your local reps and let them know the issues that are important.
    I meant action is better than activism. I used to think we absolutely need governments to pull stuff like going to the moon off. However, Elon Musk is trying to get to Mars himself.

It's probably easier to just go ahead and try to get something done yourself rather than wait until we all reach a consensus. If you wish to set your slaves free, no need to wait til Abe Lincoln to come tell you. Starting a war to force others to save the world with regard to climate change also probably won't make any sense...

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely exercise my right to vote for the guy I want, but I don't think I'd waste my time trying to use political activism to sway somebody like Trump to do the things I want. He's just not going to listen. I can respect him to want to cater to the folks who actually voted for him... I'll just have to wait until the next election.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; May 6th, 2019 at 09:45 PM.

You can do both...
    ps go Zali!

President Trump not only engaged in tax evasion and elusion. He also lost $1.17 billion between 1985 and 1994. At least, that's what the NYT says. I can't confirm as it's behind a paywall so here's Vanity Fair's take on it and The Daily's version.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; May 8th, 2019 at 05:57 AM.
    acket.

There must be good reason(s) why Trump needs to hide his past tax returns. That should be a no brainer.

However, until his official tax returns are release, should the media really rely on "wikileak type" reports? Giving Trump more ammo about making the claim that liberal media is spreading fake news?

Need to learn a lesson from the Mueller report. If you don't have convincing evidence to convict or indict somebody, just presume innocence and let it go. Dragging shit on can only split Americans further apart and giving Russian and the Chinese better chances at meddling in the future.

However, until his official tax returns are release, should the media really rely on "wikileak type" reports? Giving Trump more ammo about making the claim that liberal media is spreading fake news?
    Originally posted by Thomas Jefferson in 1787:

The basis of our government being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers and be capable of reading them

Need to learn a lesson from the Mueller report. If you don't have convincing evidence to convict or indict somebody, just presume innocence and let it go. Dragging shit on can only split Americans further apart and giving Russian and the Chinese better chances at meddling in the future.
    Originally posted by 794 former federal prosecutors on 6/5:

The Mueller report describes several acts that satisfy all of the elements for an obstruction charge: conduct that obstructed or attempted to obstruct the truth-finding process, as to which the evidence of corrupt intent and connection to pending proceedings is overwhelming. These include:

· The President’s efforts to fire Mueller and to falsify evidence about that effort;

· The President’s efforts to limit the scope of Mueller’s investigation to exclude his conduct; and

· The President’s efforts to prevent witnesses from cooperating with investigators probing him and his campaign.

Originally posted by David Cay Johnston in the Vanity Fair article:

Money . . . flows out faster than it flows in. And one of the reasons we should be concerned about that is someone who is constantly, desperately in search for money to maintain the appearance that they're wealthy, is likely to commit crimes and be open to various actions.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; May 8th, 2019 at 10:22 AM.
    acket.

Just to drive the point home. Mueller as an investigator did not have the power to indict Trump, as it is DOJ policy not to indict a sitting president. Mueller's boss, William P. Barr decided not to act, in spite of the evidence his subordinate presented him with.

Let that sink in.
    acket.