Page 1322 of 2473 FirstFirst ... 3228221222127213121320132113221323132413321372142218222322 ... LastLast
Results 13,211 to 13,220 of 24728

Thread: Politics

US wasn't expecting Iranians can shoot down the Global Hawk... so perhaps the real reason was the one Mario stated... Iranians probably have more advance weapon systems then we thought... once we realized that with more accurate intel, we decided to hit the brakes?

US went thru all that trouble looking to pick a fight, there must be a better reason why all of a sudden we decided the enemy didn't mean to shoot down our spy plane...

Anyway, whatever the real reason, just glad they didn't further escalate the situation...

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Ocasio-Cortez is right in saying those are concentration camps.

Lincoln Zephyr, 1937.

vs.

Lincoln Continental, 2019.

and:

The children of SS Standartenführer Max Pauly playing inside Stutthof concentration camp, east of Danzig, ca. 1942.

Department of Health and Human Services handouts from inside Casa Padre youth shelter; Brownsville, Texas, 2019.

In 80 years, all things have changed yet nothing has really changed.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; June 24th, 2019 at 06:10 AM.
    acket.

What happened to Japanese Americans during WWII was closer to concentration camp.

What’s happening now sucks too, especially family separation, but that’s probably the only thing happening against the will of the folks inside the camp.

Saddest thing is that people willfully joined this camp because conditions in their own country were much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    but that’s probably the only thing happening against the will of the folks inside the camp.
    Care to explain?
    acket.

Camps for Jews and Japanese Americans were done by plucking them out of their homes against their will.

Donald Trump did not pluck these people out of their homes and put them in camps in America.

If you fly to America without visa, you'll be sent back or you'll be 'camping' in the airport and not allowed entry.

US had no right to separate families, but US has every right to deny entry of illegal migrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    US has every right to deny entry of illegal migrants.
    Oh, I see your confusion.
    acket.

Glad you saw it. Let's just leave it at that so I can stay confused.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 24th, 2019 at 01:43 PM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Just wanted to note that seeking asylum is not illegal.

Trump wants to somehow let these immigrants know not to come to the U.S......by locking them up in cages, because that clearly sends a message to the poor people walking hundreds of miles with barely any access to food or water and we expect them to know the situation?

To be clear, considering it’s the US meddling in their countries, they really should have every right to be accepted as refugees and become our responsibilities.

Of course our govt won’t admit to that and average American don’t want more folks draining our already limited resources... so this is what ended up happening...

To equate this as concentration camp is a bit of an exaggeration. Trump admin for sure handled it poorly, but he wasn’t the guy who meddled in Central America and he is only trying to protect the border.

Our system could barely help keep American homeless people live in sanitary conditions let alone making sure we can keep all non-Americans living in sanitary conditions.

Maybe the best way to do this is for financially well off US families to adopt/sponsor migrant families and help them until they get on their feet. Politicizing this issue is really pointless.

Just like conservatives tend to want pro life..., ok fine, so would you adopt this unwanted baby? Take good care of him/her? No? Then shut the fuck up. Don’t use the government to deny people’s choice. Likewise, if liberals want to let migrants in, don’t expect the conservatives to help. If you want to help, then help.

Maybe we can start with helping the homeless? Rather just blame or expect the government to magically fix everything. Governments don’t tend to care about folks who have no money.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 24th, 2019 at 03:25 PM.